• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Vent About Crowd Control at Shows: How to Improve Sales?

In summary, the key to crowd control at shows is to communicate with your host beforehand and get a feel for what type of show the guests will enjoy. Also, involving them in the demonstration and providing food can help keep their attention. Ultimately, it's important to remain positive and have fun, as this often leads to higher sales and a more enjoyable experience for everyone involved."
SusanBP0129
I know this has probably been discussed a million times, but I just need to vent!
My shows are decent...of course I would like higher sales...
BUT - my main issue is crowd control!!
I had a show last night with 16 people. It was INSANE. A few people listened from time to time, but basically, I was doing my thing whie there were about 5 different conversations going on. This drives the "catholic scholl girl" in me CRAZY, but I don't want to be snippy and "teacher like".
Sales are only $500 and I KNOW they'd be higher if people would listen!!
Ironically, my show sales are higher with 8 people than with 15!
Anyone else have this problem?:confused: :mad: :(

This is why I always talk to my host after she knows who is coming. Are your guests going to enjoy a cooking show or are they just going to need to be able to chat after a long day at work? I want to do the show that fits them. If I'm just talking about newer stuff and such, I may keep them focused for a few minutes and then release them.ALSO, with chatters, giving them food slows down the talking. They can hear and eat at the same time, but it's hard to flip through the catalog and chat while eating. I definitely have them eat right away with an express show, but also encourage them to snack even if I'm preparing something.

I know how frustrating it is and you sure don't want to stand up there and "be the teacher" (no offense to those teachers on here)

A couple things that have worked:

talk really quietly

start out with "I know you all are excited to visit with each other but please pay attention so that no one misses a tip they want. You will have plenty of time to catch up with each other after the demo"

stop talking and wait for them to notice then say "I didn't want anyone to miss out on this tip (or how to use this product...)"

The main thing is always be nice.

Get the guests involved...whomever is talking, say to her "Jane, can you come up here and stir / chop / slice this for me" - she will come up & help out, thus ending her chattersession, and her friends who were feeling chatty will suddenly realize "if I dont shut up - she's gonna call me up to assist, too!" and tey'll all shut up. My mom tends to be a real problem at shows - she's a chatterbug. But, I love to have her with me when she can come and she loves to watch me perform (or have an opportunity to meet new friends to chatter with - LOL)...so, when she starts being disruptive, I simply say, "Mom, come on up & chop this..."
Also, when u get them up using the tools, they'll buy them. Once they get their hands on a tool, they want it....i.e. my experience sunday with the salad chopper/salsa at the fundraiser.

My Director bought a "dancing chicken" (you all know the chicken dance, don't you?). She is taking it to her shows and will bring it out when things start getting out of hand. It's a thought!!!:)

Personally, I love it when it's this way! They are having FUN and that's my goal.

When I have these types of shows, I tell them I'm going to go ahead and prepare the recipe..."but can I have your attend just for 10 minutes." Then I talk a bit about each collection PC offers. I tell them "I'm going to do the 3 pile system, stack up your orders here and I'll call your name when it's your turn."

These are the FUN shows and end up being BIG $$ ones too!

Ginny

I used to get all bent out of shape (Inside) w/ people who weren't attentive.....but now, I just don't let it bother me. I tell them at the beginning of the show (I got this from my director - who got it from Julie Weitz) to sit back, relax, enjoy their time with friends and get ready for a fun evening. I also let them know that it's okay to talk and socialize with their friends - I know that is part of why they came - but that I hope that I am captivating enough to hold their attention (said tongue in cheek) and that if they do happen to listen, they will pick up some great tips and learn some really cool things that they will be able to go home and recreate in their own kitchens with no problem!

I actually think they are more attentive when I start my show this way - by giving them permission to chat......

Agree with Becky --- usually after I say that they are all attentative -- it's weird :p They sometimes are soooo quiet when I am doing something and not speaking that I say "You are all so quiet and this is a party! I must be terribly fascinating or horribly intimidating... please don't be afraid to chat or comment!" They giggle and then ask a question or comment.

That's a great line Jenn. It's weird when you can hear crickets in the backround!

I had a party like the noisy ones described too. I feel like a t.v. that was left on in the backround. Oh well. Tonight there are 20 people coming to the show I'll be doing...guess I'll find out what type of night it will be when I get there!

I just had a show like that last Friday:mad: It was in the garage which is also
known as "the man cave" at their house.

The best guest was their big ol' dog Farley. He was so good around the pork tenderloin:rolleyes:

I like the ideas & will try them. Thanks!

1. How can I control the crowd at shows to improve sales?

One effective way to control the crowd at shows is by setting up a designated demo area where you can showcase your products and interact with potential customers. This will help to minimize chaos and keep the crowd focused on your products.

2. What can I do to keep the crowd engaged during my presentation?

One tip is to make your presentation interactive by asking the audience questions and involving them in the demonstration. You can also offer samples or special promotions to keep their interest and make them more likely to purchase.

3. How should I handle pushy or disruptive customers at shows?

The key is to remain calm and professional. Politely acknowledge their concerns and offer to assist them with any questions or issues. If the situation becomes too difficult to handle, you may need to politely ask them to leave.

4. How can I make sure my booth is easy to navigate for customers?

Make sure your booth is well-organized and visually appealing. Use clear signage and labels to guide customers to different areas of your booth and make it easy for them to find what they are looking for. Additionally, having a designated checkout area can help streamline the purchasing process.

5. How can I encourage customers to make a purchase at my booth?

Offering special promotions or discounts can be a great incentive for customers to make a purchase. You can also create a sense of urgency by highlighting limited edition or exclusive products only available at the show. Lastly, providing excellent customer service and building a personal connection with customers can also increase the likelihood of a sale.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rhonda4554
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
MSmith
  • gilliandanielle
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pcleah
  • CAPCnewbie