• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploding Batter Bowl: Unsolved Mystery?

In summary, there have been a few instances of Batter Bowls from this brand shattering unexpectedly. It is believed that this may be due to a defect or a sudden extreme temperature change. The company has a five year warranty and a safety type glass, but when they do break, they shatter into a million pieces. They take customer feedback seriously and are willing to assist with any issues.
purrbal
Gold Member
Okay I actually had a past client tell me that their Batter Bowl exploded in her daughters hands when she went to clean it...why on earth would it explode into a million tiny pieces? Extreme temp change? Defect? I was shocked when she said it.

Sounds like a defective one to me!! Get her another one right away...they have a five year warranty!!

Paula

I had a lady in Oct. call me she got my name from someone, she had one that shattered while microwaving dr pepper in it..... don't know why she was doing that and didn't ask just sold her a new one she said it was old & she didn't remember the cons or have the receipt.

I had one break on me once when I was putting the small bowl into the large bowl for storage - I think the small one was hot out of the dishwasher - and one of them shattered in a million pieces. It's because of the kind of glass it is (I think it's like windshield glass) - it is actually safer than the shards of glass that happen when you break another type of glass bowl.

She must have bumped it just right or it touched something hot. I'm glad she wasn't hurt. I love that they are a safety type glass and they don't chip - but when they do break! :eek:

Hi there! That is definitely concerning to hear. I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the Batter Bowl exploding. Our products go through rigorous testing and quality control processes, so this is definitely not a common occurrence. It's possible that there was a defect in the bowl or that there was a sudden extreme temperature change that caused it to break. We take all customer feedback seriously and would love to help you and your daughter with this issue. Please reach out to our customer service team and we will be happy to assist you further. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Related to Exploding Batter Bowl: Unsolved Mystery?

1. What is the "Exploding Batter Bowl: Unsolved Mystery?"

The "Exploding Batter Bowl: Unsolved Mystery" is a phenomenon where certain Pampered Chef batter bowls have been known to shatter or explode while in use or in storage. This has caused concern and confusion among customers.

2. Why are the batter bowls exploding?

The exact cause of the exploding batter bowls is still unknown. Pampered Chef is currently conducting investigations and working with experts to determine the root cause of the issue.

3. Is it safe to use the Pampered Chef batter bowls?

At this time, we recommend that customers discontinue using the batter bowls until we have more information and a resolution to the issue. The safety of our customers is our top priority.

4. What should I do if my batter bowl has already exploded?

If your batter bowl has shattered or exploded, please discontinue use and contact Pampered Chef's customer service for assistance. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

5. Will I receive a replacement for my exploding batter bowl?

At this time, we are still in the process of investigating the issue and determining the best course of action. We will provide updates and information on any potential replacements or solutions as soon as possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ahammons
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
PC1
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
Replies