• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did a Biscuit Canister Really Cause Attempted Murder?

In summary, " the first and last letter are in the right place, but the middle letter is in the wrong place.
whiteyteresa
1st - I had no problem and I was surprised

Only great minds

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too

Cna y uo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it

2nd - this was a newspaper clipping (I tried to copy and paste but wouldn't work so I just retyped it

KILLER BISCUITS WANTED FOR
ATTEMPTED MURDER
(the actual AP headline)

Lisa Burnette, 23, a resident of San Diego, was visiting her in-laws and while there went to a nearby supermarket to pick up some groceries. Several people noticed her sitting in her car with the windows rolled up and with her eyes closed, with both hands behind the back of her head. One customer who had been at the store for a while became concerned and walked over to the car. He noticed that Lisa's eyes were now open, and she looked very strange. He asked her if she was okay and Lisa replied that she'd been shot in the back of the head, and had been holding her brains in for over an hour. The man called paramedics, who broke into the car because the doors were locked and Lisa refused to remover her hands from her head. When they finally got in, they found that Lisa had a wad of bread dough on the back of her head. A Pillsbury biscuit canister had exploded from the heat, making a loud sound that sounded like a gunshot, and the wad of dough hit her in the back of her head. When she reached back to find out what it was, she felt the dough and thought it was her brains. She initially passed out, but quickly recovered and tried to hold her brains in for over an hour until someone noticed and came to her aid. Lisa is blonde.

Just had to share these

:chef:

Roflmao!!!:d

funny!!!!!!!!

I'm calling MENSA! I obviously am brilliant enough to be a member because I could read that first one with no problems! :)

Kitchen Diva said:
I'm calling MENSA! I obviously am brilliant enough to be a member because I could read that first one with no problems! :)
Me too!!! We are just too smart for our britches, Kasey!

I'm a teacher and have to read passages like this all the time! I was surprised that people that don't have to read the writings of 7 and 8 year olds every day could do it too! LOL!

Holding her brains in!!:D :D :D I don't have any of those really great emotion thingies that can roll around on the floor or spew stuff out of their mouths, but that is the kind of thing I would have here if I had it!!

Holding her brains in! Classic!:rolleyes:

The biscuit story is an old chestnut that has been floating around the Internet for a long time.According to snopes.com, comedienne Brett Butler used the story in her act, purportedly happening to her sister, as far back as 1994. It did not originate with Butler, though, it had been around even before that.It is funny - but it is a joke and not an actual anecdote.

And I believe that Mythbusters tested whether tube biscuits will explode in a hot car.Edited to add: Yep, it was on one of the pilots for the show. They did manage to explode a can, but had to really raise the temp of the car to do so.

Last edited:
I love Mythbusters!

It is still a funny story!

ROTFLMBO!!! Too freakin funny!
I can read those things, always have been able to so, I guess I'm special! LOL
The other story cracked me up!!! Could you imagine! I know KG said it was not real, but I know a few people who would think that it actually happened, and they are not all blondes!!! LOL! Thanks for the laugh, Teresa!:D ;)

WHat is scary is I have a few friends that came to mind that would really think this happened to them.

Kitchen Diva said:

That because your a 5 Girlfriend!!!!!!!! I could too...... Oh to be smart and beautiful....... LOL;)

Related to Did a Biscuit Canister Really Cause Attempted Murder?

What are the two emails I received today?

The two emails you received today are the "Weekly Newsletter" and the "Special Offer for Our Valued Customers".

Is the weekly newsletter sent out every week?

Yes, the weekly newsletter is sent out every week on the same day.

What type of content can I expect in the weekly newsletter?

The weekly newsletter typically includes new product releases, recipes, kitchen tips, and upcoming promotions.

What is the special offer for valued customers?

The special offer for valued customers is a limited-time discount or promotion exclusive to our loyal customers. It is our way of thanking you for choosing Pampered Chef.

How often will I receive emails from Pampered Chef?

You will receive emails from Pampered Chef based on your email preferences. You can choose to receive emails weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly. You can also opt-out of receiving emails at any time by unsubscribing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShellBeach