• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Experiencing Issues with Adobe Reader?

In summary, bev's computer is having problems with Adobe files. She has tried uninstalling it, but it won't let her. She has also tried updating to a newer version but it won't let her. She has also tried other programs but they don't work. Finally, she has tried downloading Foxit Reader and it is working great for opening PDF files that she already has saved to her computer. However, she can't open PDF files from PC's website with Foxit Reader.
Stampaholic1961
Gold Member
Does anyone have experience with Adobe? I'm having problems with it! If I try to click on an Adobe file to open it, my browser freezes then shuts down. If I right click & "save target as"... then I can open it. I've tried updating to a newer version but it won't let me do that either. It says to contact the system administrator for help. I would appreciate any advice from any computer experts out there! Thanks in advance!!

I am CERTAINLY no expert...

Maybe try UNINSTALLING it, and then re-install it.

Others have other ideas?

That's what I would do Kelly. Bev, what browser (also version number) are you using, as well as version of Acrobat reader? Some early versions of Firefox didn't recognize the Acrobat plug-in.

I tried to un-install it but it won't let me do that either!!

I have Adobe 7.0.8. I'm having a stupid attack...I can't find
what version of Internet Explorer I have!!

Internet Explorer could be part of your problem. My hubby is a computer tech and he said that Explorer 7 was the worst one for things like that. I'm not even allowed to use Explorer anymore. We use Firefox (which you can download for free). To find what version you have go to help on the taskbar and click on "about Internet Explorer". Hope this helps a little.

I was using Internet Explorer 7. I switched to Firefox & tried again & still have the same problems. I did a Google search for the error number & went through the process they recommended & still can't get it to work! Very frustrated here!!!Thanks for all the advice everyone!

The only thing I use Explorer for is TPC and work, because the programmers at TPC and my project management website don't seem to like Firefox very much.Try using the Control Panel and look for Install and Uninstall Programs...and get rid of all the Acrobat program files you have installed. I have three versions of Reader on my system and they all seem to play nice together, but you may not be so lucky.

Stampaholic1961 said:
I tried to un-install it but it won't let me do that either!!

I have Adobe 7.0.8. I'm having a stupid attack...I can't find
what version of Internet Explorer I have!!

I updated to Adobe version 8 recently, so that might be part of the problem - you need the current version? HTH and good luck! :)

You might also consider ditching Adobe Reader altogether. I use Foxit Reader - it's free, works just as well, doesn't take so long to open, runs faster and just uses fewer computer resources. Never had a problem with it.http://www.foxitsoftware.com/

jenniferp417 said:
You might also consider ditching Adobe Reader altogether. I use Foxit Reader - it's free, works just as well, doesn't take so long to open, runs faster and just uses fewer computer resources. Never had a problem with it.

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/

Ok, I downloaded Foxit Reader. It's working great for opening PDF files that I already have saved to my computer but I can't get PDF's from PC's website to open with it. Any suggestioins?

Bev, right after you posted your problem, I started having the same issue with PDF's from CC. Weird. However, downloading and installing the latest version of Acrobat Reader fixed it for me. Or that was just a coincidence, and it had been broken because the PDFs in question were the new ones that HO just made available. Perhaps there was a glitch on that end.

Bev, really? I have had zero problems. I just went to CC and opened one and had no problem. :(I don't think Foxit makes itself the the "default" PDF reader automatically, the way some programs do.Look at this, see if it helps:
http://www.foxitsoftware.com/support/techsupport/showfaq.htm#rdr_04

Sometimes if you open adobe reader and then do your online browsing/opening of files everything will work fine. I had to do that for a number of months before a 2nd update/reinstall finally fixed my problems.

I finally got things fixed!!! I had to run "Windows Install Clean Up" & remove Adobe that way. Every other way I tried to remove it gave me error messages.
The Windows Install Clean Up let me remove the old version & install the updated version. Now I can open Adobe or Foxit files!!! Thanks everyone for your help & advice.

Wow that is weird, glad you got the problem fixed.

Wonderful!

1. Why is Adobe Reader running slowly on my computer?

There are a few potential reasons for Adobe Reader to run slowly on your computer. It could be due to a large file size or complex document, outdated software, or conflicts with other programs running on your computer. Try updating to the latest version of Adobe Reader and closing any unnecessary programs to see if that improves performance.

2. How do I fix the "Adobe Reader has stopped working" error?

This error can occur due to a variety of reasons, such as corrupt files, outdated software, or conflicts with other programs. Try repairing or reinstalling Adobe Reader, checking for updates, and closing any other programs that may be causing conflicts. If the issue persists, you may need to contact Adobe support for further assistance.

3. Why can't I print a PDF document in Adobe Reader?

If you are having trouble printing a PDF document in Adobe Reader, it could be due to a few reasons. First, make sure that your printer is connected and turned on. Then, check your printer settings to ensure that Adobe Reader is selected as the default program to open PDFs. You may also need to update your printer drivers or troubleshoot any printer issues.

4. How do I fix the "There was an error opening this document" message in Adobe Reader?

This error message can appear if the PDF file is corrupted or if Adobe Reader is not properly installed on your computer. Try downloading the PDF again or updating to the latest version of Adobe Reader. If the issue persists, you may need to contact Adobe support for further assistance.

5. How do I change the default settings in Adobe Reader?

To change the default settings in Adobe Reader, go to the Edit menu and select Preferences. From there, you can adjust various settings such as default PDF handler, display preferences, and security settings. Make sure to save your changes before closing the preferences window.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • K.Shaffer
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • barbchan