• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Experience Dove Chocolate at Home | Host Benefits & More

In summary, the Dove Chocolate at Home website does not have a lot of detail, but it is chocolate. There is also a lack of information about the company and its products online. The catalog is full of information, but the cost of starting with Dove is high.
NooraK
Gold Member
Has anyone had any experience with Dove Chocolate at Home? I stumbled upon their website, and it doesn't really have too much detail, but it's chocolate... :) The website said they launched Feb 2007, and they've been a DSA member since Nov, but not much else. The host benefits look generous, but there isn't a catalog online to see pricing.

Just curious...

How odd! I mean chocolate is good, yes but it seems a little limited and I think I'd be chocolated out before long as a consultant! Also, I just LOVE PC's website. The full catalog and all of the info. I don't appreciate when the only way to get real info is to contact someone. So...are ALL companies slowly trying to be DS? I just don't think it works for everything. Interesting...

I've never heard of it. It wasn't until fairly recently, though, that someone could go online and "thumb through" the PC catalog.

My experience with Dove chocolate at home was...well...let's just say it was more effective than flowers.

DH bought me Dove Dark Chocolates for Valentines Day........one of the many many reasons I love that man!:love: :love: :love:

Oh - and on topic - I did hear about this a couple months ago.....but I've never seen or heard of a consultant in my area. It didn't seem like, from what I could see, that they had a very extensive product list.

I love the Dove chocolate you can buy in the store. Is it the same company??

It is the same company! I just googled it.
Interesting....

Yeah, but when I buy chocolate I want it now. Is this something cash and carry or do you have to order it and wait for your chocolate?

i just checked out the website. very intersting. first time i've heard of them. I dont know how I feel about all that chocolate... i would rather have my own PC death by chocolate show... though it probably will do well because we all know everyone likes chocolate!

If you feel about all that chocolate, you're gonna get your fingers messy and the chocolates will get all melted and stuff.

If your chocolate melts in your hand you aren't eating your chocolate quickly enough.

raebates said:
If your chocolate melts in your hand you aren't eating your chocolate quickly enough.
Amen sister!!

*gulp* $399 to get started with the biz and that's just to help you practice and cover your first 4 shows... yikes! I'd say PC is still a MUCH better opportunity and way more established. However, this is good to note to folks who are interested but complain about the cost of starting with PC... a little reality check of what other companies charge may be helpful to someone like that.

I can buy a lotta Hershey bars for four hundred bucks.

I was doing an event and saw the Dove chocolate lady --- tasted it and she said it was fairy new with a low number of consultants. I agree, I'd want my chocolate NOW, and really how vast could their catalog be?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I can buy a lotta Hershey bars for four hundred bucks.

That's what I was thinking... I mean for what they say you get too, it doesn't sound like it'd be worth the value they claim.

I vaguely remember someone else posting about this within the last week or so, and they mentioned tempering equipment. So it's not just consumables.

chefann said:
I vaguely remember someone else posting about this within the last week or so, and they mentioned tempering equipment. So it's not just consumables.

True but I'd want a LOT of equipment for that price.

It's a pity they don't have a picture of what a new 'chocolatier' would get...

I also want my chocolate now, but....wouldn't it be great to get some on delivery day, too. I mean, really, I pretty much have a steady supply of chocolate anyway. When it's delivered it would be a special treat. I'd go to a show if someone had one, especially if there are samples. Yumm! I'm not having one, though.

I requested a catalog, so we will see where that goes.

chefann said:
Gee, I've got a really bad temper

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

maybe I should sign up.

Ha!The Kat Lady might be willing to help if you switched to a chocolate company. :D

lkprescott said:
True but I'd want a LOT of equipment for that price.

It's a pity they don't have a picture of what a new 'chocolatier' would get...

It's a lot of money, but how cool would it be to say "I'm a chocolatier - here's my card." LOL

Is that anything like a Mouseketeer? With ears and everything?http://www.menziesera.com/people/images/mmc_jimmie.jpg

Last edited:
redsoxgirl said:
It's a lot of money, but how cool would it be to say "I'm a chocolatier - here's my card." LOL

LOL... that would be cool though after I saw a recently shown Food Network Challenge for chocolatiers (recreate a major monument out of chocolate and nothing else) I don't know that I'd want that kind of title. Those structures were AMAZING... the Taj Mahal in white chocolate, the Eiffel tower, Statue of Liberty and St. Basil's in Russia all in all manners of chocolate... truly amazing.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Is that anything like a Mouseketeer? With ears and everything?

http://www.menziesera.com/people/images/mmc_jimmie.jpg

Yanno... that kinda works...

C h o... thanks for coming...c o l... see you real soon... a t i e r ...

*giggle*

lkprescott said:
LOL... that would be cool though after I saw a recently shown Food Network Challenge for chocolatiers (recreate a major monument out of chocolate and nothing else) I don't know that I'd want that kind of title. Those structures were AMAZING... the Taj Mahal in white chocolate, the Eiffel tower, Statue of Liberty and St. Basil's in Russia all in all manners of chocolate... truly amazing.
I'd be happy with a landmark like a hotels on both Boardwalk and Park Place.

lkprescott said:
Yanno... that kinda works...

C h o... thanks for coming...c o l... see you real soon... a t i e r ...

*giggle*
I was thinking along the lines of...

Who's the leader of the club
That's made for you and me?
M - I - L - T - O - N

H - E - R - S - H . . .

oops - he don't fit so well.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I was thinking along the lines of...

Who's the leader of the club
That's made for you and me?
M - I - L - T - O - N

H - E - R - S - H . . .

oops - he don't fit so well.

Yeah.. you're right... didn't work so good there... *giggle*

I actually hosted a Dove Chocolate at Home party. There is only 2 consultants in New York.
1)- they have a limited catalog
2)- it isn't your everyday chocolate ( they have fondue sets, sipping chocolate, martini mix, almonds)
3)- my chocolatier was BAD. Not good at selling it and she made a HUGE mess of my kitchen. She even got Chocolate on my NEW white windowpane placemat.
4)- she has no support. There are no local meetings and the one go to person for her, never calls back.
5)- They don't keep their chocolatier's up to date. My show was in Jan and she didn't know what the Feb special was yet and she said a new book was coming, but she didn't know anything about it.
6)- I only had the show to help her and it was double host credit. So I got $100 in FREE chocolate stuff. Got martini mix, choc chi tea, aztec sipping chocolate, 1 1/2 lbs of milk choc, choc cover almonds, fondue set and mousse mix.

I think unless this company gets up to date and more people it will fail soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kitchen_Guy
Is that anything like a Mouseketeer? With ears and everything?that guy Donny Lives around the corner from me---

That's cool! Don Grady? The one who was on My Three Sons?The closest brush to fame I can say was that I was standing next to James B. Sikking at a bar in Boston once. Robert De Niro and I were standing together in a corridor of the Empire State Building, each waiting for our wives to come out of the ladies' room.

chefkugler said:
I actually hosted a Dove Chocolate at Home party. There is only 2 consultants in New York.
2)- it isn't your everyday chocolate ( they have fondue sets, sipping chocolate, martini mix, almonds)
3)- my chocolatier was BAD. Not good at selling it and she made a HUGE mess of my kitchen. She even got Chocolate on my NEW white windowpane placemat.
4)- she has no support. There are no local meetings and the one go to person for her, never calls back.
5)- They don't keep their chocolatier's up to date. My show was in Jan and she didn't know what the Feb special was yet and she said a new book was coming, but she didn't know anything about it.
6)- I only had the show to help her and it was double host credit. So I got $100 in FREE chocolate stuff. Got martini mix, choc chi tea, aztec sipping chocolate, 1 1/2 lbs of milk choc, choc cover almonds, fondue set and mousse mix.

Good to hear from someone who has experienced it! Thanks for the info.:thumbup:

chefkugler said:

Thanks for sharing your experience. I can't imagine leaving a mess after a show. I like to leave it better than I found it or at the worst, the same.

Chefann knows just the place to send you sometime.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
That's cool! Don Grady? The one who was on My Three Sons?

The closest brush to fame I can say was that I was standing next to James B. Sikking at a bar in Boston once. Robert De Niro and I were standing together in a corridor of the Empire State Building, each waiting for our wives to come out of the ladies' room.

I have a photo of myself at age 12 sitting on the lap of Marlin Perkins of Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom fame. Plus, my ex husband's cousin was David Letterman's college roommate.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
That's cool! Don Grady? The one who was on My Three Sons?

The closest brush to fame I can say was that I was standing next to James B. Sikking at a bar in Boston once. Robert De Niro and I were standing together in a corridor of the Empire State Building, each waiting for our wives to come out of the ladies' room.

I have several. I have a photo of myself at age 12 sitting on the lap of Marlin Perkins of Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom fame. My ex husband's cousin was David Letterman's college roommate. And, I used to work for author John Maxwell's dad, Dr. Melvin Maxwell.

I once was in a hotel room with Patrick Duffy & the woman who played opposite him on Dallas. :) It was pretty cool. They watched 4th of July fireworks with us on the Riverfront in St. Louis. That was about 20 years ago, though.

raebates said:
I have several. I have a photo of myself at age 12 sitting on the lap of Marlin Perkins of Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom fame. My ex husband's cousin was David Letterman's college roommate. And, I used to work for author John Maxwell's dad, Dr. Melvin Maxwell.
I think I saw that episode! "While Jim wrestles with the alligator in the Wabash River, I'll sit here in the safety of the Land Rover with this charming little girl on my lap."

Now that would have been funny. Actually, my dad, who worked for Mutual of Omaha at the time, earned a trip to Bermuda. He and Mom took my little brother and me. We each had our picture taken separately. Mr. Perkins was a very nice man. I also always figured he was the smart man. After all, he was watching from the safety of the helicopter, or jeep, or boat, or . . .

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill every time.

Ain't that the truth!

"Face it, girls, I'm older and have more insurance."Robin

chefann said:

That was me...

I ran into one of their first Michigan consultants back in Dec. Got the whole, "come join me and get in on the ground floor" yadda yadda yadda speach. Kit costs too much, in my opinion, products - like someone said, I can't wait for chocolate, and how many $299 tempering machines are you really going to sell?? BTW... who has room for another piece of equipment that you will use once, twice, then forget about it?? And, another thing.. Michigan here... most people are having a hard time paying their mortage. That, and the fact that you don't need no fancy machine to temper chocolate, all you need is a heat source and something to measure the heat.

So, if someone buys a machine and finances it, and they miss a payment so it get repossessed, then they lose their temper? :confused:

They lose their temperer.

chefann said:
They lose their temperer.
This whole tread is a hoot!:D

Would they lose their tempurpedic, too?Robin

I hope not. They'd probably lose sleep over that.

I have been invited to a party that is actually tomorrow night, but I have a PC show and won't be going. I will have to ask her for a catalog though. I thought it was just chocolate, and wasn't very interested.

<h2>1. What is Dove Chocolate at Home?</h2><p>Dove Chocolate at Home is a direct sales company that offers a variety of premium chocolate products for purchase through independent consultants.</p><h2>2. When was Dove Chocolate at Home launched?</h2><p>Dove Chocolate at Home was launched in February 2007.</p><h2>3. Is Dove Chocolate at Home a member of the Direct Selling Association?</h2><p>Yes, Dove Chocolate at Home has been a member of the Direct Selling Association (DSA) since November 2007.</p><h2>4. What are the host benefits for hosting a Dove Chocolate at Home party?</h2><p>The host benefits for hosting a Dove Chocolate at Home party include free and discounted products, exclusive host-only specials, and the opportunity to earn free products based on party sales.</p><h2>5. Is there a catalog available online to view Dove Chocolate at Home product pricing?</h2><p>No, there is not a catalog available online to view Dove Chocolate at Home product pricing. However, you can contact a consultant for pricing information or attend a party to see and taste the products.</p>

1. What is Dove Chocolate at Home?

Dove Chocolate at Home is a direct sales company that offers a variety of premium chocolate products for purchase through independent consultants.

2. When was Dove Chocolate at Home launched?

Dove Chocolate at Home was launched in February 2007.

3. Is Dove Chocolate at Home a member of the Direct Selling Association?

Yes, Dove Chocolate at Home has been a member of the Direct Selling Association (DSA) since November 2007.

4. What are the host benefits for hosting a Dove Chocolate at Home party?

The host benefits for hosting a Dove Chocolate at Home party include free and discounted products, exclusive host-only specials, and the opportunity to earn free products based on party sales.

5. Is there a catalog available online to view Dove Chocolate at Home product pricing?

No, there is not a catalog available online to view Dove Chocolate at Home product pricing. However, you can contact a consultant for pricing information or attend a party to see and taste the products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • chefmoseley
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies