• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dove Chocolate at Home: A Delicious New Business Opportunity to Explore

In summary, the author is saying to ignore the doom and gloom voices and focus on what you can control, which is your micro-economy. Do not worry about the macro-economic picture and focus on what you can control.
allisonserna
I'm getting sort of burned out on PC - been doing it for almost 4 years now... and well I'm thinking about the DOVE Chocolate At Home business...

4 years ago I was doing Arbonne, and I was introduced to PC for the first time - had a party, though it was a good business idea offering my clients Arbonne & PC...

PC won - I got commissions right away and people loved it and my Arbonne biz fizzled out (I was glad it did)

Now I'm spending a lot of time with a DOVE Chocolatier (they call their consultants Chocolatiers) and she is having a lot of fun, doing great both in sales and recruits (the west coast at home opportunity was released on May 1st) and everything this lady touches turn to GOLD -so I know she wouldn't be doing it if she wasn't making any money...

I'm thinking on becoming a rep for them as well and see which business fizzles out first.

And every time we are together she brings something new for me to sample :)

Do we have any Chocolatiers in our group here online?

What are your troubles doing both?

I know from experience you cannot succeed at 2 different businesses - but I just want to keep my PC biz alive until my feb shows are done, and if any more PC shows come then fine, but I just think that DOVE might be a good switch for me. I have quite a PC client list and I'm sure they will still buy form me, but no one is doing shows right now, and well DCD (DOVE Chocolate Discoveries) seems to be still doing well even with this economy...

Also is there any fine print or loop holes that I dont know about DCD - that you want to share?

TIA

I would suggest searching the internet for that information. We've talked about people hosting a show before here, but no one ever mentioned being a representative.If you are truly considering it and leaving PC, I'd talk about it elsewhere so nothing is misconceived as you trying to take people here with you. We've been down that road before, don't need to do it again.Personally, I'd say go with what works for you. I don't think Dove is a better choice than PC in this economy, I think Dove is more of a luxury during this time, actually. Many consultants are doing much better right now when focusing on the right aspects.My ED sent me something today about the "supposed recession", let me find it for you...BRB...

Here it is (forwarded by Karin Logston - Sales Manager):Subject: [6-3networking] "I Refuse to Participate in a Recession? Now More Than Ever!" The following was written by Dr Ivan Misner - world renowned referral networking guru early last month (November, `08).I've written a few articles about refusing to participate in a recession and I recently had someone e-mail me saying, "Don't bother telling me . . . tell my customers. They are not as willing to accept a platitude as you feel I am." (Ouch, I guess he didn't like my thoughts on this matter.)Well sir, I'm afraid we'll just have to agree . . . to disagree. You see, I don't think it's a platitude, I think it's an attitude!Today's news is full of economic soap operas. In the United States, Congress, the White House and the pundits have all debated about the bailout of yet another pillar of corporate America. European nations and others around the globe are struggling with recessionary pressures. Voices everywhere seem to be spouting economic doom and gloom.Now, please, lean in close and listen carefully. I'm going to ask you to do something very difficult, yet very important: Ignore all those doom-and-gloom voices.It's not that I want to deny reality. Nor am I even judging whether all those important voices are right or wrong.What I am saying is, all those voices are sending you useless information. Not only are they urging you to be afraid . . . very afraid . . . they are completely ignoring the solutions on which you need to focus. Nothing like freezing a good entrepreneur in his or her tracks with old-fashioned fear.When Franklin Roosevelt wisely said during America's depression that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself . . . he left something out. When you are in business, at any time in any nation, the other thing you have to fear is: inaction. Not very poetic, I know, but it's true.Let others worry about the macro-economic picture. You have a micro-economy in which you are a vital and central player. Does the government or an economist know the ins and outs of your business better than you? Have you received any calls lately offering to bail you out with taxpayer money if your business slides to the brink of ruin? I'm guessing the answer is "no" to both questions.You already know this in your gut: No bailout is coming your way . . . unless you do it yourself. No rescue plan is being prepared for your business . . . unless you do it yourself. And no solutions to your problems will be developed . . . unless you do it yourself.The more you focus on fear, the more afraid you will become. The more you focus on obstacles, the larger they will loom. And the more you focus on today's global economic doom-and-gloom headlines, the less time, energy and faith you'll have to focus on building the prosperous, successful, well-networked business you really want.If you tell yourself, "I can't succeed in this economic downturn," you'll very likely prove yourself correct. But if, instead, you focus on specific solutions to the particular issues, challenges and opportunities of your business, your niche market, your current and prospective customers . . . you are very likely to enjoy more success than all the naysayers put together would have predicted.What the bigwigs on Wall Street, Pennsylvania Avenue, the London Financial district or the European Central Bank don't seem to understand is, out here in the real world of entrepreneurial small business, by sticking together and helping one another, we can face down the doom and gloom. We can build our businesses despite the headlines, and we can show others around the world the economic power of persistent, skillful and focused networking.Join me and the many other successful business people. Become someone who sees opportunities when others see problems, become someone who seeks growth when others expect collapse, and be someone who sees success when others see failure.I refuse to participate in a recession, now more than ever!Tom Gregory, N4NW ""Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision." Muhammad Ali

janetupnorth said:
If you are truly considering it and leaving PC, I'd talk about it elsewhere so nothing is misconceived as you trying to take people here with you. We've been down that road before, don't need to do it again.

Being burnt out and flat up leaving is a different matter all together

I have a lot of orders right now, but as far as shows goes they aren't happening.

I have this month booked as well as January... I'm already booking Feb - but after Feb looks bleek

I have over 8 years in direct sales from Mary Kay to Mia Bella Candles, plus Jerky direct and none of my clients ever went with me on the transition. nor would I expect them to, they "like" me because I give them service on a product they want, and if I offer them something else they would consider it "SPAM" LOL

I'm mostly concerned with the fine print or any loop holes that I am not aware of, because I've been talking with other DCD people besides my friend (we have like 50 or so in my county) I'm somewhat well known in my circles of friends as a go to person and at some point or another I've been a consultant with some company or another. and I belong to quite a few direct sales chat groups so I knew the day that Marlo Quinn went under and Weekenders and when i told my friends about it they just laughed, because of course I knew that those companies went under LOL

I found out the fine print after I become a Cookie Lee Consultant earlier this year in March. I was so upset about the fine print that when I tried to get my money back Cookie Lee Home Office ended up short changing me and I was really bummed. Thus I'm not a Cookie Lee Consultant anymore (I wrote them my cancellation letter and returned my product within 30 days to cancel my account)

allisonserna said:
I'm mostly concerned with the fine print or any loop holes that I am not aware of, because I've been talking with other DCD people besides my friend (we have like 50 or so in my county) I'm somewhat well known in my circles of friends as a go to person and at some point or another I've been a consultant with some company or another. and I belong to quite a few direct sales chat groups so I knew the day that Marlo Quinn went under and Weekenders and when i told my friends about it they just laughed, because of course I knew that those companies went under LOL

I found out the fine print after I become a Cookie Lee Consultant earlier this year in March. I was so upset about the fine print that when I tried to get my money back Cookie Lee Home Office ended up short changing me and I was really bummed. Thus I'm not a Cookie Lee Consultant anymore (I wrote them my cancellation letter and returned my product within 30 days to cancel my account)

I think the only way you are going to figure this out is by reading the fine print before you sign a contract. Yes, it takes a bit of extra time but it can save a lot of headache and sometimes money in the long run. I did a ton of research online before joining PC. Do a search for the candy company and I'm sure you will find lots of info both good and bad.

allisonserna said:

I have over 8 years in direct sales from Mary Kay to Mia Bella Candles, plus Jerky direct and none of my clients ever went with me on the transition. nor would I expect them to, they "like" me because I give them service on a product they want, and if I offer them something else they would consider it "SPAM" LOL

I think Janet was talking about people here maybe misinterpreting you as trying to recruit by pulling PC people away with you. My understanding is that someone once did that and it upset alot of people. So if you have posts that talk about how cool Dove Choc is, and all the perks of being a consultant, there might be people who get upset. I think she was just suggesting that if you want to avoid that there might be other (better?) forums/sites where you can get the info you need.

That's all!

Hope this helps!

Exactly Annie!I'm not questioning her leaving, why she is leaving, etc.I just believe she will get more information searching elsewhere and I haven't heard anyone here mention Dove except for having a party so I don't think there is much help here. So, best to use resources wisely and search elsewhere. That's just basic efficiency and the engineer/educator in me speaking.No need to get riled up again Allison, my post was meant with respect and kindness to direct you where I thought it was best to search.

It sounds to me that this is just your MO - spend a few years with one company then move on to another. So, maybe it's just time for you to move on to the next company. Eight years in Direct Sales and you've been with 5 companies - that's a lot. Sounds to me like you're just ready to move on.

Last edited:
I've been to two of these shows.

The chocolate is good - but definitely on the pricy side.

The concern I would have if I was you: what do you have to pay to keep "stocked" up to demo these products at a show.

For example: Products I buy for my PC business I will always have. I buy them one time.

But, what about all the chocolate for sampling at the shows? Who buys the product to be sampled? At the shows I was at, we had the Choc Mousse, the Chocolate melted in the melter and Choc Martinis. Someone had to pay for that product - and it has to be replenished for every show.

Just my thoughts...

A consultant on my team is a Dove chocolatier. PM me, and I'll give you her info.

I hosted a Dove party in September. Even with over 60 personal invitations, I had 2 in attendance and a few outside orders from family. To get it to where it counted as a show so I could turn it in, I had to add a $30 order. The Chocolatier who did my show said that her show average was about $150. I totally agree that at this time, chocolate is a luxury (all-be-it seemingly necessary at times!), and possibly shows during the holiday season do very well. My feeling is that overall, it would be a tough business.

allisonserna said:

I have a lot of orders right now, but as far as shows goes they aren't happening.

I have this month booked as well as January... I'm already booking Feb - but after Feb looks bleek

I think it's great that you have so much going for you right now. Those shows this month and January will probably lead you to having a fuller Feb. calendar, so I wouldn't discount that. You have to be doing something right to be having those bookings already set. It sounds like you should re-evaluate your "why". I think if you start Dove, you'll probably go in all gung ho and then your PC business will most likely start to dwindle. It will be an effect of your choice, not a sign that your PC biz is fizzling on it's own.

Just something to think about: chocolate is very seasonal. Winter is a must for chocolate due to temperature. (My mom does chocolates for X-Mas, and Valentines day is a given.) Summer chocolate is a gooey mess! Chocolates are very much an indulgence, and expensive too. Pampered Chef: People have to cook year around, several times a day. They're saving money by hosting a show for the kitchen tools, saving money again by cooking at home, then saving time by learning how to power cook. PC is the best!

sounds to me like you've already made up your mind

1. What is Dove Chocolate at Home?

Dove Chocolate at Home is a business opportunity that allows you to become a consultant and sell delicious Dove chocolate products. It is a direct sales company that offers a flexible and fun way to earn income.

2. How do I become a consultant for Dove Chocolate at Home?

To become a consultant, you can sign up on our website or contact a current consultant to get started. You will then receive a starter kit with everything you need to start your business, including delicious chocolate products and marketing materials.

3. How much can I earn as a Dove Chocolate at Home consultant?

Your earning potential as a consultant depends on your sales and the size of your team. You can earn up to 40% commission on your personal sales and additional bonuses for recruiting and leading a team. The more you sell, the more you can earn!

4. What kind of support and training does Dove Chocolate at Home provide?

As a consultant, you will have access to a variety of training materials, including online courses, webinars, and in-person training events. You will also have a mentor who will guide and support you throughout your journey as a Dove Chocolate at Home consultant.

5. Can I sell Dove Chocolate at Home products online?

Yes, you can sell Dove Chocolate at Home products online through your personal website provided by the company. You can also host virtual parties and share your website link with customers to shop. However, in-person events and parties are also encouraged for a more personal and interactive experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
c00p
  • DimSumTabi
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
3RingChef