• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Everyone Wants to Do a Catalog Show!!

In summary, Bobby is telling newbies that it takes time for people to want to do cooking shows. He advises newbies to stay persistent and to find a scrumptious recipe that people will love and also mention that you can come to their house and cook it for them and their friends. He also suggests combining two hosts together to do one bigger show. Finally, Bobby advises newbies to not overlook what they currently have and to be
jsnow
I'm in my first 30 days, and I have 5 catalog shows so far. No one wants to do a cooking show!!!!!

How do I get cooking shows?

Jessica

Keep asking! 5 catalog shows is great!

you could offer to buy the ingredients... or offer $25 extra in free products.. then you use their discount to buy it. just a few ideas

I would be honest and tell them that first of all, they won't get as much free stuff with a catalog show, b/c they have to do all the work, and they don't know the products as well as you do (my avg. catalog show is only around $300, wheras my cooking shows are way over $600). You would do most of the work at a cooking show, all they have to do is invite the guests for a fun night out!

Also, if they are your friends, tell them how direct sales works - if they have a show and invite a bunch of people you don't know, then you can book shows with others and get your business off the ground (and then you won't be bugging them all the time, either!). Hang in there and try to turn some of them around. Maybe now is just not a good time, so they can do a cat. show now, and then a cooking show closer to the holidays maybe? Hope so! Hang in there and keep asking - someone will book one!!

Start with having your own cooking show and try to get the bookings from there. I'd rather do 5 catalogue shows any day. Less work invoved.
Bobby

I understand you frustration about wanting to do cooking shows when you first start! Everyone wanted to do catalog shows for me too! BUT, remember - they STILL count as shows! Your cooking shows will come... hang in there!!

My house isn't set up for parties (and I'm not just saying that). One lady post-poned her party till november. I was bummed, but understood. We just moved to this area in June, so I do'nt know many people. I did 'pamper' a bank today in hopes of getting orders:)

Still do some major host coaching. Make sure she/he gives you contact info, especially the phone number. You have so many reasons to call those people because they didn't hear you talk about use and care or TPC guarantees. I just closed a $400 catalog show off a $300 cooking show, and she got a booking for another catalog show. Catalog shows are awesome because you could be doing other shows while the catty is going on.

Let them know it would be doing you a huge favor to do a Cooking Show because you would really like the practice and feedback from guests. They will NOT be disappointed because of the great host benefits. AND let them know all the new products are coming out and they can be the first to see them (if not in person, at least in the catalog while you walk them through it). Good luck!!:D

The best thing you can do is find a scrumptious, to die for recipe. Something that will make people salivate and want it right now when you tell them about it. Then mention that you can come to their house and cook it for them and their friends.

Ask them why they don't want to do a cooking show and problem solve with them... not enough space, have an outside show at a park. Dont' know enough people? Combine two of those type of hosts together and do one bigger show. And do your own show even if it is in a park or some other public space and invite absolutely everyone. In the meantime, don't overlook what you have... like already mentioned, be sure to get all contact info from your catalog customers and follow up with customer care calls and to try and book shows. I have one recruit who did a catalog show off of a catalog show (in another state), and I have another gal who did a catalog show off of a catalog show and plans to sign in Sept. You just never know where one show could lead you.

dwyerkim said:
Ask them why they don't want to do a cooking show and problem solve with them... not enough space, have an outside show at a park. Dont' know enough people? Combine two of those type of hosts together and do one bigger show. And do your own show even if it is in a park or some other public space and invite absolutely everyone. In the meantime, don't overlook what you have... like already mentioned, be sure to get all contact info from your catalog customers and follow up with customer care calls and to try and book shows. I have one recruit who did a catalog show off of a catalog show (in another state), and I have another gal who did a catalog show off of a catalog show and plans to sign in Sept. You just never know where one show could lead you.

In addition to this once they give you their catty show, tell them how much they've earned "so far" and tell them that they can possibly double that amount by hosting an actual show. Tell them that you are going to do your very best to get her future Host Specials too.

The 30 minute chicken and 10 minute pork are my best booking tools! I tell people that it's so incredible - you have to see it to believe it! The meat is so tender, and juicy.....and it's the simplest meal they will ever make!

In fact, I had a lady who called last night to place an order to replace a broken stone - and she ended up booking a Show for Oct. 2nd! Yee Hawww! I now have 2 shows a week for the first 3 weeks of Oct!!!
Here is how the conversation went: (after taking care of her order)

Customer: I'm interested in that baker Esther was raving about, but can't afford it right now.

Me: Sue, did you know that it is the host special for Oct.? in Oct., just for hosting a show, you can purchase the DCB for 60% off? And I have to tell you - all of Esther's raving is for good reason! It makes the most incredibly delicious chicken and pork.....

Her: I can? Wow! I've been so busy - I didn't book at Esther's show because my life has just been so crazy all summer.......maybe though I can do Oct...???? Is the Pork really tender? not dried out at all?

Me: Sue - I know it sounds too good to be true - but it is the most tender meat you will ever eat! I have been doing either the chicken or the pork at my house at least once a week all summer........and I STILL say to myself when I take it out of the micro - "I can't believe I just made this in the microwave!" It's THAT good!

Sue: Hmmmm, you have my phone # right? Could you give me a call next month to book an Oct. show? Or are you already booking?

Me: Actually, my schedule for Oct. is already filling up - I do shows on Mon., Tues., Thurs., and Sat Brunch - is there a specific day of the week you would prefer?

Sue: Oh- I would need a Tuesday for sure.....

Me: Okay - I have Oct 29 or Oct 2nd open....

Sue: Oh, You better put me down for the 2nd then.....

....and so on! And this is from someone who wasn't calling to book any kind of show! Even my shows for Sept. - who are booking to get the cookware, want me to do the chicken or pork demo! I have been calling the DCB my secret booking weapon!

Just be glad you have shows period! I would be happy just to have 5 orders right now.

Related to Everyone Wants to Do a Catalog Show!!

1. Can I do a catalog show if I don't have any experience with Pampered Chef products?

Yes, anyone can host a catalog show with Pampered Chef! Our products are easy to use and our catalog provides all the information you need to get started. Plus, our consultants are always available to answer any questions you or your guests may have.

2. How much do I have to spend to host a catalog show?

There is no minimum spending requirement for hosting a catalog show with Pampered Chef. Our products range in price and we have options for every budget. Your consultant can work with you to find the best products for your needs and budget.

3. Do I have to deliver the products to my guests?

No, you do not have to deliver the products to your guests. Your consultant will handle all product deliveries and will work with you to arrange the best delivery option for your guests. This could be direct shipping to their homes or having them pick up their products from you.

4. Can I earn host rewards with a catalog show?

Yes, you can earn host rewards with a catalog show! Our host rewards program allows you to earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your show. Your consultant can provide more information on the specific rewards you can earn.

5. How long does a catalog show last?

The length of a catalog show varies, but typically lasts 1-2 weeks. Your consultant will work with you to determine the best timeframe for your show based on your schedule and the needs of your guests. They will also provide guidance on when to submit orders and when to expect product deliveries.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • HealthNut
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BlueMoon
  • chefgirlrd