• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Engagement Notices--Help Finding Addresses

In summary, the conversation is discussing the use of engagement notices in local newspapers as a way to reach potential clients for a PC (Pampered Chef) consultant. Some members suggest finding the mailing information of the couples through phone books or online directories, while others advise caution in contacting brides directly. It is suggested to send a letter congratulating the couple and including information about the PC registry. Some members have had success with this method, while others have received a negative response from brides.
Hi,

I got my Spring/Summer paper work yesterday and started reading through the wedding information. I think the new registry is going to be great for future business. One of the suggestions they listed was Engagement Notices in local paper. Does anyone know how you can find their mailing information from the newspaper? I would like to send them a note to congratulate them on their upcoming wedding and offer my service.

Thanks,
Katie Losik

Have you read some of the other posts on this?You have to be careful how you go about this. If you've read some of the other posts, you'll know that some brides have gotten whacky when they were contacted by a PC consultant. I plan to clip the announcement and send it to the brides for whom I can find info on. I am going to include a note that says "You never seem to have enough copies of these to send to everyone!" and then have a Registry flier included. I know that it is considered a waste of time to not follow up with a call, but in this case I will NOT call them. I will be clear that I just wanted to get them another copy of their announcement, and if they are interested in the registry or bridal shower, they can contact me.

Thanks for the advice! Believe me, I don't want to be hassle them. I only want to send a simple note and include the registry info. If I don't hear from them, that is fine. But if I do, what a great way to get some more business.

I just did this last week for the first time. 2 announcements I clipped out of the paper and 1 was a girl that had attended one of my shows and said she was getting married in June. This girl will be the only one I call. The other two I wont. I did find the other two by looking in the phone book. Well, I found one of the girl's parents and then the other girl it said her husband owned a Lawn Service and I found that in the yellow pages. I addressed the letter to both of them and mailed it to his work address. I just sent a letter an just kind of went over what we do at a Bridal shower. I tried not to sound pushy. I think the letters went out in the mail on Thursday, so I am still hopeful.

letterCould you post (or e-mail) I copy of your letter? I'd like to start doing this in March but need somewhere to start. Also, I think I'm going to send it to the mother of the bride rather than the bride if I can since I think bride's don't make many of the decisions - especially if she's younger and starting a new home. If you just get 10% of your folks calling - I think that's awesome! Thanks...BEE

Engagement NoticesWhat I Do Is Look In The Phone Book And Either Find The Bride Or Grooms Address Or The Parents To The Couple. Also You Could Even Send It To There Work Place. Most Of The Time They List Were They Work. Especially In A Small Town.

I have a whole crazy method that I use and it takes some time but I get very few returned addresses. First I look in the phone book, next I go to www.zabasearch.com and look up address for both the bride and groom and possibly the parents of the bride or groom. When I have two matching addresses from any of the above I use that address and send it off. I used this method the last time, sent out 40 letters and I only got 3 back. Several people have contacted me, I don't call them. I figure they have the info and if they are interested they will call or e-mail me.

Just curious though...what is this about some brides getting all "whacky", what happened.

What is an engagement notice?

An engagement notice is a public announcement of a couple's intention to get married. It typically includes the names of the engaged couple, their parents' names, and the wedding date or timeframe.

Why would someone want to find addresses for engagement notices?

People may want to find addresses for engagement notices for a variety of reasons, such as sending a congratulatory card or gift, or simply to keep track of friends and family members' life events.

How can I find addresses for engagement notices?

There are a few ways to find addresses for engagement notices. You can try searching online for the couple's names and wedding announcement, checking social media, or reaching out to mutual friends or family members.

Is it appropriate to send a gift or card for an engagement notice?

While it is not required, it is a kind gesture to send a congratulatory gift or card for an engagement notice. This shows the couple that you are happy for them and are thinking of them during this exciting time.

What should I include in a congratulatory gift or card for an engagement notice?

When sending a gift or card for an engagement notice, be sure to include a heartfelt message of congratulations and well wishes for the couple. You can also include a small gift, such as a personalized item or a gift card to a favorite store or restaurant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• blueikaos
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • dkp1269
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
heat123
  • thedancingchef