• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Enchilade Casserole Recipe Needed

In summary, the author is looking for the Enchilada Casserole recipe from the 29 minutes cookbook, and asks for help from anyone. A few people reply and one person offers to help out. The recipe calls for ground beef, seasoning mix, enchilada sauce, water, salsa, and tortillas. The dish is cooked in a skillet and then arranged in a dish with cheese and cilantro. The dish is microwaved for a few minutes until the cheese is melted. The dish is then garnished with cilantro and served with sour cream and lime wedges, if desired.
rebeccastt
Silver Member
Hi All,
I'm staying at my SIL's house and don't have my 29 minutes cookbook. I want to make the Enchilade Casserole recipe tonight for her/our family. Can anyone help a girl out?

Thanks!

Anyone, anyone? Bueller? Bueller? :cry: :cry:

Campbell Soup Chicken Enchilada

Cook : 25 minutes

1 can condensed cream of chicken soup (10 3/4)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon butter
1 medium onion, chopped to = 1/2 cup
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 cups cooked, chopped chicken or turkey
1 can green chilies, chopped ( 4 ounces)
8 flour tortillas (8 inch)
1 cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese (4 ounces)

Mix soup and sour cream.

In saucepan over medium heat, add butter.
Now add onion and chili powder and cook till tender.
Add the chicken, chilies and 2 tablespoons soup mixture.

Spread 1/2 cup soup mixture in a 2 qt shallow baking dish.

Along one side of each tortilla, spread about 1/4 cup chicken mixture.
Roll up each tortilla around filling and place seam side down in baking dish.

Spread remaining soup mixture over each enchiladas.
Sprinkle cheese over soup mixture. Bake 350 F for 25 minutes. Serve hot. Serves 4.

From the thread: Let's Sell Family Skillets

Thanks JAE, but I'm looking for the Enchilada Casserole in the new 29 minutes cookbook. :eek:

Here you go:

1 lb 95% lean ground beef
1 T Southwestern Seasoning Mix
1/4 t salt
1 can enchilada sauce
3/4 c water
1/2 c medium thick and chunky salsa
12 (6") yellow corn tortillas
1/4 c snipped fresh cilantro, divided
1 c shredded colby and monterey jack cheese blend, divided
sour cream and lime wedges (optional)

1. Combine beef, seasoning mix and salt in 10" Skillet; cook over med-hi heat 8-10 min or until beef is no longer pink, breaking beef into crumbles using Mix 'N Chop. Add enchilada sauce, water and salsa to Skillet. Bring to a simmer and remove fom heat.

2. As beef mixture cooks, place tortillas in a stack and cut into 1" pieces using Pizza Cutter. Snip cilantro using Kitchen Shears.

3. Arrange half of the tortillas evenly over bottom of Deep Dish Baker; top with half of the beef mixture and half of the cheese. Sprinkle 2 T of the cilantro over cheese. Top with remaining tortillas, beef mixture and cheese.

4. Microwave baker on HIGH 3-5 min or until cheese is melted. Garnish with remaining 2 T cilantro. Serve w/ sour cream and lime wedges, if desired.

Yield: 6 servings

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!Thank you so much, Diane! I really appreciate the time you took to type it out for me. :angel: I can't wait to try it out after all the raves I've read on here lately!

No problem - I haven't tried the recipe yet. I really want to - it sounded yummy while I was typing it! Maybe tomorrow:D .

I just bought the ingredients for this recipe yesterday along with a couple of others from that cookbook! They all sound so good!
How was it tonight? I'm anxious to make it. Probably won't happen til Saturday night though.

dianevill said:
Here you go:

1 lb 95% lean ground beef
1 T Southwestern Seasoning Mix
1/4 t salt
1 can enchilada sauce
3/4 c water
1/2 c medium thick and chunky salsa
12 (6") yellow corn tortillas
1/4 c snipped fresh cilantro, divided
1 c shredded colby and monterey jack cheese blend, divided
sour cream and lime wedges (optional)

1. Combine beef, seasoning mix and salt in 10" Skillet; cook over med-hi heat 8-10 min or until beef is no longer pink, breaking beef into crumbles using Mix 'N Chop. Add enchilada sauce, water and salsa to Skillet. Bring to a simmer and remove fom heat.

2. As beef mixture cooks, place tortillas in a stack and cut into 1" pieces using Pizza Cutter. Snip cilantro using Kitchen Shears.

3. Arrange half of the tortillas evenly over bottom of Deep Dish Baker; top with half of the beef mixture and half of the cheese. Sprinkle 2 T of the cilantro over cheese. Top with remaining tortillas, beef mixture and cheese.

4. Microwave baker on HIGH 3-5 min or until cheese is melted. Garnish with remaining 2 T cilantro. Serve w/ sour cream and lime wedges, if desired.

Yield: 6 servings

I made this Sunday night for dinner. It's delicious! And I can see that you could jazz it up a little with black olives on the top, onions and peppers mixed into the salsa mixture, etc.

You all are making me hungry!

This is sooooo yummy! My husband is asking for it again already!!

1. Can you provide a vegetarian version of the enchilada casserole recipe?

Yes, we have a vegetarian enchilada casserole recipe that uses black beans, corn, and bell peppers as the filling instead of meat. You can find the recipe on our website or in our vegetarian cookbook.

2. How spicy is the enchilada casserole recipe?

The spiciness level of the enchilada casserole can be adjusted to your preference. Our recipe calls for mild enchilada sauce, but you can use medium or hot sauce for a spicier dish. You can also add diced jalapenos or a pinch of cayenne pepper for more heat.

3. Can I make the enchilada casserole in advance?

Yes, you can assemble the enchilada casserole ahead of time and refrigerate it until ready to bake. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time if the dish is cold when going into the oven.

4. Can I use flour tortillas instead of corn tortillas?

Yes, you can use flour tortillas instead of corn tortillas in the enchilada casserole. Keep in mind that flour tortillas are softer and may become soggy when baked, so you may want to lightly toast them in a pan before layering them in the casserole.

5. Can I substitute the ground beef for ground turkey?

Yes, you can substitute ground beef for ground turkey in the enchilada casserole recipe. You may want to add a bit more seasoning to the turkey as it is leaner and has a milder flavor than beef. You can also use shredded chicken or diced tofu as a protein option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefjwr
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • hanson617
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies