• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Beef Enchilada Casserole Recipe

In summary, the "29 Minutes to Dinner" cookbook features a Beef Enchilada Casserole recipe that can be made quickly on the stovetop and in the microwave. It includes ground beef, seasoning mix, enchilada sauce, salsa, tortillas, cilantro, and cheese. The recipe can be adapted for dietary needs and personal preferences. It has received positive reviews from those who have tried it.
erin.tpc
I have heard so much about this recipe, but do not have it myself. I know it's in the "29 Minutes to Dinner" cookbook...which I don't have yet. I tried searching but am not finding it. Does anyone by chance have it already typed out/saved on their computer? I can just borrow my Director's cookbook when she gets in from being out of town next week, but I thought I'd check here too. TIA!

Here you go...

BEEF ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
Pg. 81 ~ 29 Minutes to Dinner The Pampered Chef®

To speed up this family-pleasing dish, the ground beef mixture is cooked on the stovetop and then the whole casserole is heated in the microwave, NO OVEN REQUIRED!!!

Great show recipe!!

Approx cooking time 21 minutes!!!

1 lb 95% lean ground beef
1 tbsp Southwestern Seasoning Mix
¼ tsp salt
1 can enchilada sauce
¼ cup water
½ cup medium thick and chucky salsa
12 yellow corn tortillas
¼ cup snipped fresh cilantro divided
1 cup shredded Colby & Monterey Jack cheese blended, divided
Sour Cream and lime wedges (optional)

1.Combine beef, seasoning mix and salt in *10 inch skillet. Cook over medium – high heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking beef into crumbles using Mix N Chop. Add enchilada sauce, water and salsa to skillet. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
2.As beef mixture cooks, place tortillas in a stack and cut into 1 inch pieces using Pizza Cutter. Snip cilantro using Kitchen Shears
3.Arrange half of the tortillas evenly over bottom of Deep Dish Baker; top with half of the beef mixture and half of the cheese. Sprinkle 2 tbsp of the cilantro over cheese. Top with remaining tortillas, beef mixture and cheese.
4.Microwave baker on HIGH 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with remaining 2 tbsp cilantro. Serve with sour cream and lime wedges, if desired.

Yield 6 servings

U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 340, Total Fat 14g, Saturated Fat 6g, Cholesterol 65mg, Carbohydrate 33g, Protein 24g, Sodium 750ng, Fiber 6g

U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving: 2 starch, 2 ½ medium-fat meat (2 carb)

CHEF’S CORNER

Easily cut a stack of tortillas using Pizza Cutter
If desired, 1 tbsp taco seasoning mix can be substituted for the Southwestern Seasoning Mix
For a variation in flavor, substitute ground turkey and green enchilada sauce for the beef and red enchilada sauce, if desired
For a spicier kick, hot salsa can be substituted for medium salsa, if desired
If yellow corn tortillas are not available white corn tortillas can be substituted

Thank you Jodi!!! :D

By the way, this recipe is awesome. I prefer the white corn tortillas to the taste of the yellow and I usually put mine in the oven until the cheese is melted.

This recipe is soo easy and yummy! :)

ITA!!!
I love this recipe!! It's easy and very good.
I also use white corn tortillas instead of the yellow.

What ingredients do I need to make Beef Enchilada Casserole?

To make Beef Enchilada Casserole, you will need 1 pound of ground beef, 1 onion, 1 bell pepper, 1 can of enchilada sauce, 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1 can of black beans, 1 cup of shredded cheese, and 6-8 tortillas.

Can I use a different type of meat in this recipe?

Yes, you can use ground turkey, chicken, or even shredded beef in place of the ground beef for this recipe.

Do I need to pre-cook the tortillas before assembling the casserole?

No, you do not need to pre-cook the tortillas. They will soften as the casserole bakes in the oven.

How long do I bake the casserole for?

The casserole should be baked at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.

Can I add additional toppings to the casserole?

Yes, you can add additional toppings such as sliced olives, diced avocado, or chopped cilantro after the casserole has finished baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • CookingwithMary
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
tmo2008
  • Mama2bowbaby