• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Embarking on a New Odyssey - Hbot

In summary, tomorrow is the beginning of a new experience for me, something I never dreamed existed, let alone, thought I would need. Tomorrow morning, I am going diving, the first of 30 dives I must make. HBOT increases blood oxygenation and promotes capillary growth.
Yippee!

(stupid minimum message length)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
10 down - 20 to go - 1/3 of the way done!
Happy dance!:thumbup:

Last edited:
missydivine said:
Happy dance!:thumbup:
No, THAT is a visual! KG doing a happy dance....LMAO

where is KG's cowboy hat

~

I also noticed the hat was missing. ;)It's alright, though, since I won't be dancing much until this whole thing is behind me.

12 down - 18 to go.My writing coach says he's going to stop by and visit tomorrow - it'll be good to see him. He's written several novels that are available at amazon and barnes & noble. He inspires me and I'm glad to know him. I've called him "Coach" for so long that sometimes, I forget his name is Marshall Cook. Coach teaches creative writing at the UW Extension and also teaches at the School of the Arts in Rhinelander each Summer. I hope I can attend that school next Summer.Oh, the moniker, "Coach" doesn't come from being a writing coach, it comes from being a baseball fan. There was a pitcher with my name in one of his novels that revolves around baseball. He also loves minor league ball and wrote a book about that, too.It'll be good to see him.

I noticed my first dive this morning was number 13.No worries, though, I was born on Friday, the 13th.And as expected, no problems other than it was very warm and uncomfortable this morning.

At least today wasn't the 13th - that would have been way too coincidental.

Glad to hear things are going well. How are the books? (I still take no responsibility if you don't like them...)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I noticed my first dive this morning was number 13.

No worries, though, I was born on Friday, the 13th.
And as expected, no problems other than it was very warm and uncomfortable this morning.

Now that explains it ALL! ;)

Glad to hear you are making it through it!

Hey, if you come up to Hodag Country next summer you'd better say "hi". ;)
I didn't even realize there was a school of the arts held here! I'm glad there is some culture around!

I just looked up the School of the Arts...pretty neat, nice variety. I hope you enjoy it and can go!

chefann said:
At least today wasn't the 13th - that would have been way too coincidental.

Glad to hear things are going well. How are the books? (I still take no responsibility if you don't like them...)
Odd Thomas was great - it made the time pass very quickly in the tank. I wasn't real happy with the ending but it was a page turner that I'd recommend.

There are 2 sequels to that one. I find Koontz to be an entertaining read. Not deep or meaningful, but interesting enough to pass the time. :)

ETA: the sequels are Forever Odd and Brother Odd. I've read Forever, but not the third one. Neither of those were on the large-print shelf at the library.

Not yet, anyway. I may look for the regular versions since Odd is an unusual character. I raced to the library yesterday, at least, as much as I can race, to try to get some more Koonz books. I did pick one up, along with a large print version of Rocket Boys by Homer Hickam. But there was a brand new large print book there, so right now, I'm in the middle of Bones to Ashes, by Kathy Reichs. The large print version was being checked in yesterday when I got to the library, so I'm the first to check it out. Since Reichs is a RL forensic anthropologist, some of it is like reading a textbook but the overall story is intriguing.

There are 2 Koontz books, whose titles escape me at the moment, about a young man who's allergic to sunlight. I had those on tape several years ago (I think DH sold them on eBay when we moved). Very good.

In case you hadn't picked up on it, there's always something paranormal/occult/eerie in Koontz. One (I think it's Watchers) has a fantastic super-intelligent golden retriever. Lightning is another page-turner.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
......... . I did pick one up, along with a large print version of Rocket Boys by Homer Hickam.

I loved October Sky, was it based on that book?

Yes the movie is based on that book - I love that movie as well - so uplifting!

The librarian working the info desk last night also loved The Watchers so I'm looking for it, too.Yes, Homer Hickam did grow up to be a rocket scientist for NASA, and October Sky was based on that book. I liked the movie and want to read the book, besides, I was in his part of West Virginia several times last year. Even though I was in the county, I never made it to his home town. They have a huge festival in his honor every year.

Well, back into the tank for #14 of 30. See y'all tonight!

I'm glad to hear it's all working out well. Almost 1/2 way done.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Well, back into the tank for #14 of 30.

See y'all tonight!
Wow!! Almost 1/2 way done, good for you!!

I'm looking forward to the day I can smile (with teeth) again.
HolyToledo.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, KG...you're so cute in your PC shirt!! ;)

I do have to say that I like your cowboy hat better, though. JMHO!

Great shirt KG!

pcchris said:
Oh, KG...you're so cute in your PC shirt!! ;)

I do have to say that I like your cowboy hat better, though. JMHO!
Holy Toledo!

dannyzmom said:
Great shirt KG!
It came from a company I used to deal with. What was it called? Let's see, initials, letters, what was that?

Oh, yes, RIP.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
It came from a company I used to deal with. What was it called? Let's see, initials, letters, what was that?

Oh, yes, RIP.

ROFLOL! Thanks for the laugh before bed - I needed it! Very clever!

By the way...I took a few minutes to catch up on your blog on your "diving" adventures. You are a good writer KG - keep it up!

TY.There's a new post http://www.jrmanning.com/ that describes what is going on in the tank.

Hey, KG! You're halfway done!

Woo-hoo!

Yup - came out of my 15th dive about an hour ago. Only 15 to go...5 more before surgery and 10 more post-operative dives. They tell me the pure oxygen "enhances" the effect of opium-based pain killers. Any posts I make next week might be very entertaining.

I'll be sure to keep them on my computer so we have the evidence, even if you go back and edit them. :D

I might get arrested for TUI.Typing Under the Influence.

16 down.14 to go.WOO-HOO!

Woo Hoo is right!

katie0128 said:
So how was diving today? You started on another book yet?
The reading list to date:

The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield

Odd Thomas by Dean Koonz (with a tip o' the hat to ChefAnn)

Bones to Ashes by Kathy Reichs

I'd recommend any one of the three!

Is Bones to Ashes the new Temprence Brennen book? If so, is the book anything like the show? and how was the book?

and btw, congrats about being so close to the finish line!

Yes, it is. I haven't read the other ones in the series, so I'm still learning the characters and what all the acronyms mean, but it's an engaging story.I haven't seen the show so I can't comment on that.Ya gotta love anyone who would name a cat Birdie and have a talking bird with a foul mouth.

Glad to hear your over half done!
I can't wait to read your posts next week....

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Ya gotta love anyone who would name a cat Birdie and have a talking bird with a foul mouth.
Don't you mean fowl mouth?

chefann said:
Don't you mean fowl mouth?
I was too chicken to use that one, someone would have swung at me and it's too hard to duck.

Sometimes you just have to wing it on the jokes.

It's tough when they keep me cooped up but after this afternoon's dive, I'll escape from the tank and fly.

Is that also a reference to the nitrogen euphoria? I hear it's a real gas.

And worthy of being in a tank.

You out already? Woo-hoo!

So I checked at the Borders downstairs for The Thirteenth Tale, and couldn't find it. I looked in the Mystery stacks. Was that the correct place, or should I have looked in general fiction?

No, I posted that last one before I went in for the second dive. I'm home now, 18 down, 12 to go. 2 more until they cut me, then 10 more.It might be filed under General Fiction. (Which is what the Democrats call General Petraeus, these days.)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
No, I posted that last one before I went in for the second dive. I'm home now, 18 down, 12 to go. 2 more until they cut me, then 10 more.

It might be filed under General Fiction. (Which is what the Democrats call General Petraeus, these days.)
Sense of humor intact!!! Whoohooo!! When is your surgery date?

They cut next Tuesday.

What are they doing during the surgery?

oh my, i love the humor...glad to see the dives aren't affecting that...maybe even enhancing?

<h2>1. What is hyberbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT)?</h2><p>HBOT is a medical treatment that involves breathing pure oxygen under pressurized conditions. This can increase blood oxygenation and promote capillary growth, aiding in the healing process.</p><h2>2. How is HBOT performed?</h2><p>HBOT is typically performed in a specialized chamber where the patient is exposed to increased atmospheric pressure. The chamber is not filled with 100% oxygen, but rather uses ambient air. Patients may wear a helmet or mask to deliver the oxygen.</p><h2>3. Why is HBOT being used in this specific case?</h2><p>The individual in question is undergoing HBOT in preparation for surgery later in the month. This therapy may help improve healing and recovery after the surgery.</p><h2>4. What are the restrictions inside the chamber during treatment?</h2><p>For safety reasons, no electronic devices, books, magazines, or printed materials are allowed inside the chamber. Inks and mechanical devices can release toxins under pressure, and there are also no toilets available inside the chamber.</p><h2>5. How long does a typical HBOT session last?</h2><p>The length of an HBOT session can vary, but a typical session may last a couple of hours. This may also depend on the specific condition being treated and the recommendation of a medical professional.</p>

1. What is hyberbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT)?

HBOT is a medical treatment that involves breathing pure oxygen under pressurized conditions. This can increase blood oxygenation and promote capillary growth, aiding in the healing process.

2. How is HBOT performed?

HBOT is typically performed in a specialized chamber where the patient is exposed to increased atmospheric pressure. The chamber is not filled with 100% oxygen, but rather uses ambient air. Patients may wear a helmet or mask to deliver the oxygen.

3. Why is HBOT being used in this specific case?

The individual in question is undergoing HBOT in preparation for surgery later in the month. This therapy may help improve healing and recovery after the surgery.

4. What are the restrictions inside the chamber during treatment?

For safety reasons, no electronic devices, books, magazines, or printed materials are allowed inside the chamber. Inks and mechanical devices can release toxins under pressure, and there are also no toilets available inside the chamber.

5. How long does a typical HBOT session last?

The length of an HBOT session can vary, but a typical session may last a couple of hours. This may also depend on the specific condition being treated and the recommendation of a medical professional.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
Replies
Views
SillyChef