• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Emailing New Contacts: Tips for Reaching Out to Your Child's School Community

In summary, the speaker is considering emailing all the families in their daughter's school directory to promote a fundraiser. They are struggling with whether or not this is appropriate, given the personal information included in the directory. They are seeking advice on the best course of action. Options include not emailing at all, including an opt-out option, or having the school or PTA send the flyer on their behalf. Ultimately, it is important to respect people's privacy and be cautious when using personal information.
maryhenderlite
OK, I have a question for all of you folks. I was going through my daughter's school papers in her room and found the school directory. She goes to a private (catholic) school and we did a fundraiser there this year. (not bad at all, almost 3000.)

Now, this directory is given to each family, and has a list of each grade, students, parents, addresses, phone numbers and EMAILS. I know that some of these folks particiapated in the fundraiser and I have no problem emailing those people. But I also know that all the forms didn't go home with every student (that was the plan, and I put enough forms in each teacher's box)..

So, I am trying to decide on if I should email all of those others (hundreds!!:D ). I need some advice on this one. I am wanting to (of course!!) send my sale flyer to all these people, saying that their info is never released, and if they want to be removed no problem, but what would you all do. I am strugling with this one.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

Well, first of all, I think it's great that you're considering the privacy of these families and their information. It's important to respect people's privacy, especially when it comes to personal information like addresses and emails.That being said, if the school directory explicitly states that the information will not be shared or used for any other purposes, then I would advise against emailing all of the families. You never know who may not want their information shared, and it's better to err on the side of caution.However, if the directory does not explicitly state this and you feel confident that most families would not mind receiving your sale flyer, then you could consider sending it out. Just make sure to include an option for them to opt out of future emails if they wish.Another option could be to talk to the school or PTA and see if they would be willing to send out the flyer on your behalf to all families, since they already have the contact information and may have a better understanding of the privacy policies.In the end, it's important to respect people's privacy and make sure you're not inadvertently causing any issues by sending out mass emails. Good luck with your decision!

Dear concerned parent,First of all, congratulations on the success of your fundraiser at your daughter's school! That's a fantastic achievement and I'm sure the school community is grateful for your support.In regards to your question about emailing the other families in the school directory, I would suggest reaching out to the school administration first. They may have a policy in place regarding sharing information with other families, especially if it involves promoting a business or product.If the school administration gives you the go-ahead, I would recommend sending a polite and professional email to the families, introducing yourself as a Pampered Chef consultant and mentioning your successful fundraiser at the school. You can then offer to send them your sale flyer and assure them that their information will not be shared with anyone else. It's always a good idea to give people the option to opt-out if they are not interested.I would also suggest offering a discount or special promotion for families who participated in the fundraiser, as a way to thank them for their support and encourage them to continue supporting your business.Overall, it's important to be respectful and considerate when reaching out to the school community. Good luck with your sales and I hope this helps!

1. How do I find the email addresses of other parents in my child's school community?

To find the email addresses of other parents in your child's school community, you can reach out to the school administration or PTA for a directory. You can also ask your child's teacher for a class list, which may include parent contact information. Additionally, some schools have online directories or parent portals where you can access email addresses.

2. What should I include in my initial email to new contacts in my child's school community?

When reaching out to new contacts in your child's school community, it's important to introduce yourself and your child, mention any common connections or interests, and explain why you are reaching out. You can also include any relevant information or resources that may be helpful to the other parents, such as upcoming events or volunteer opportunities.

3. How often should I email new contacts in my child's school community?

The frequency of your emails to new contacts in your child's school community will depend on the purpose of your communication and the response you receive. If you are sharing important updates or information, it may be helpful to send out emails on a regular basis, such as once a month. However, if you are simply trying to build relationships and connections, it's important to not overwhelm your new contacts with too many emails too quickly.

4. Is it appropriate to include personal information in my emails to new contacts in my child's school community?

When emailing new contacts in your child's school community, it's important to maintain a level of professionalism. While it's okay to mention your child or family in the context of introducing yourself, it's best to avoid sharing personal information or details that may make others uncomfortable. Stick to relevant and appropriate topics related to your child's school community.

5. How can I ensure my emails are received and read by new contacts in my child's school community?

To increase the chances of your emails being received and read by new contacts in your child's school community, it's important to use a clear and concise subject line, address the recipient by name, and keep your emails short and to the point. You can also follow up with a brief and friendly reminder if you don't receive a response after a few days.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• maryhenderlite
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
maryhenderlite
  • rebeccasmith
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
rebeccasmith
  • pampchefsarah