• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Elementary School Great American Teach in

In summary, Laurie was asked by her son's kindergarten teacher to participate in the Great American Teach In to talk about PC. Laurie has NO idea what to talk to 5 and 6 year olds about and is at a loss. Laurie suggests some safety tips, hand washing, healthy food choices, mixing and measuring, recipe cards, and more. Laurie has fun and thanks everyone for their input.
pcheflaurie7
Gold Member
Hi everyone!

I was asked by my son's kindergarten teacher to participate in the Great American Teach In to talk about PC. I believe I will have about 15 minutes to talk and demonstrate. I have absolutely NO IDEA what to talk to a bunch of 5 and 6 year olds about. I figure I'll hand out a mini catalog and a kids in the kitchen flyer for them to bring home to mom. But aside from that...I'm at a loss!! Any suggestions would be fabulous!!

Thanks in advance!
Laurie

Talk about the business opportunity! You'd be surprised at how many kids at that age will retain the info! I can see them now, going home & instructing their mother that she needs to have her own business so that she can set her own hours, work as much or as little as she wants & be off when she wants to participate in PTA activities, sporting events, etc.! LOLI was a Police Dispatcher working night shift when my 3 nephews came to live with me. I'll never forget the day the 1st grader came home from school & informed me that I was nocturnal! LOL He had learned about bats that day in school and associated the "being up at night" thing with me. Children really do retain a lot at that age!!!

pcheflaurie7 said:
Hi everyone!

I was asked by my son's kindergarten teacher to participate in the Great American Teach In to talk about PC. I believe I will have about 15 minutes to talk and demonstrate. I have absolutely NO IDEA what to talk to a bunch of 5 and 6 year olds about. I figure I'll hand out a mini catalog and a kids in the kitchen flyer for them to bring home to mom. But aside from that...I'm at a loss!! Any suggestions would be fabulous!!

Thanks in advance!
Laurie
Laurie,

How about some safety tips, hand washing is a great one especially now with the H1N1. There are some really good files with Kids in the Kitchen on here. And you could also talk about healthy food choices, and being a good helper in the kitchen. And you never know if there is a brother or sister of a scout in the audience, you could tell them about helping get their cooking badge. I am sure that they would definitely tell their parents about that one . . . and you never know, could be a future booking for you!

Also mixing and measuring ~ those math skills definitely come in handy!! And I am sure that by telling them the best apple to chose and which one is too ripe/mushy, could really make a difference in a child's choice of a healthy snack.

I hope some of these have helped you.:balloon:

Good luck!
Connie

Definitely could do some safety in the kitchen stuff. And, of course, mentioning that you have the best job b/c you can come in to talk to the class and attend other school activities b/c it's so flexible. You could even pass out coloring sheets or something (with your info on it). Smart about the Kids in the Kitchen flyer. Much better than just just giving them a catalog. While you can use the opportunity, it's not really why they asked you. If you have recipe cards that would be a good one to do with kids, that might be good to send home too. Maybe with a sticker on it with your info, of course, and maybe in general the services you provide, or specifically, something about them inviting you to help their friends learn to make the recipe with their kids for a fun time together.

Have fun!

Well I found out I actually have 3 - 30 minute blocks where I will be talking to 2 kindergarten classes at a time so I can cover all 6!! AAAHHH LOL

1. What is the Elementary School Great American Teach in?

The Elementary School Great American Teach in is an annual event where professionals from various fields are invited to share their knowledge and expertise with elementary school students. It aims to expose students to different career options and inspire them to pursue their passions.

2. How can I get involved in the Elementary School Great American Teach in?

If you are interested in participating in the Elementary School Great American Teach in, you can contact your local elementary school to see if they are in need of volunteers. You can also reach out to the organizers of the event in your community to inquire about opportunities to speak at schools.

3. What types of professionals are typically involved in the Elementary School Great American Teach in?

The Elementary School Great American Teach in welcomes professionals from all industries and backgrounds. Some common participants include doctors, lawyers, engineers, chefs, artists, and entrepreneurs. However, anyone with a unique skill or knowledge to share is encouraged to participate.

4. How long does the Elementary School Great American Teach in typically last?

The duration of the Elementary School Great American Teach in can vary depending on the school's schedule and the number of volunteers. However, most sessions last around 30 minutes to an hour.

5. Do I need to prepare a lesson or presentation for the Elementary School Great American Teach in?

While some schools may request specific topics or activities, it is not necessary to have a formal lesson or presentation prepared for the Elementary School Great American Teach in. The main goal is to share your experiences and engage with students in a fun and interactive way.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cookingwith_tara
  • quiverfull7
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
erinb
Replies