• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximize Savings: Ditch Print Costs with Electronic Host Packets

In summary, she is spending a lot of money on ink for host packets and order forms and everything else. So, she was thinking that maybe an electronic host packet would be better. She always send an email with the 50 guests in 5 minutes sheet and the PDF guest list file before she mail the host packet. So what if she included all of those other forms as well? She means she knows that catalogs and maybe order forms have to be mailed, but does it REALLY help to print off the other stuff (host letter, show planner, guest and host specials, etc).Does anyone send their forms via email instead of a hard copy? I wouldn't stop printing the guest and host specials. The host would get
ms_twana
Sooo, I am spending A LOT of money on ink for host packets and order forms and everything else. So, I was thinking that maybe an electronic host packet would be better. I always send an email with the 50 guests in 5 minutes sheet and the PDF guest list file before I mail the host packet. So what if I included all of those other forms as well? I mean I know that catalogs and maybe order forms haved to be mailed, but does it REALLY help to print off the other stuff (host letter, show planner, guest and host specials, etc).

Does anyone send their forms via email instead of a hard copy?

I wouldn't stop printing the guest and host specials. The host would get your email but having a guest special attached to each catalog you send the host will actually get it in front of the guests. They do make a difference - people want free stuff! As for the show planner - they are super cheap and actually the first pack is free on each supply order, so just get them there instead of printing them. I don't know what all you are printing but I don't include a lot of printed material that isn't home office material in my packets.

I have this same issue and since I'm cheap, I struggle with what to do with all the extra copies, especially the outside order forms. Here's what I've come up with. I collect my host's packets at the end of the show or when we close. Then I use the extra outside order forms for my guests at my last 1-2 shows so they get used up. I only take host packets for the next month to my shows so if a guest wants to do a show that month, later in the month, I get the current host's packet, make sure all the info is in it, grab a planning guide from a next month packet and give it to them. If I need to get more order forms for them then I just mail them the next day. It's not completely efficient but it has cut down on my extra paper tremendously.

pcsharon1 said:
I wouldn't stop printing the guest and host specials. The host would get your email but having a guest special attached to each catalog you send the host will actually get it in front of the guests. They do make a difference - people want free stuff! As for the show planner - they are super cheap and actually the first pack is free on each supply order, so just get them there instead of printing them. I don't know what all you are printing but I don't include a lot of printed material that isn't home office material in my packets.

I don't attach the guest special to the books now. I never even thought of that. LOL. And my Show Planner is different from the HO one. I like mine better because it mentions things in the checklist that the HO one does not.

My packet has a Cover Page, Host Letter, Show Planner, Host Special, Guest Special, and sometimes Consultant Special. Those are all of the things I print up each time I need a packet. I like all of it, but that's just way too much.

I've been putting less and less in my host packet. Now, I have 5 OOF, 3 catalogs, and the 50 guests in 5 minutes flyer, along with 8-10 postcard invites for them to hand out.I send via email the PC Guest List form, and have them email their guest list to me, and then I also email the Host/Guest special, and the Show Planner.I use a generic OOF, without guest specials on it, so that they can be used for any month, and I make 10-15 host packets at a time - I always pack 5 in my bag for shows, and about the only time I mail a host packet is when I am booking for the new season, and don't have new catalogs, or for shows booked outside of shows (rare for me.) Right now, I have 6 shows booked in March, and can't send them host packets until after I get my catalogs. This is frustrating because I have 2 shows the first week of March, and can't even get them host packets until the middle of Feb. :(

I just put in the host planner, pack of catalogs, magnetic business card and 1 outside order form sheet with 3 per side, and I put in a recruiting brochure, at the show or when I need to send one out I add the special flier for the month printed front back and how many catalogs they want.. I either add a grocery list or e-mail that later. If they don't know when they want to have a show but with in the catalog selling season I give it to them and e-mail the special and menu.

This kinda made me giggle when I saw it because I thought you where going to says something like does anyone load the catalog and all the forms on to an ipad or a tablet computer? lol that would be cool but expensive to start out! maybe youd save money in time though. But just image heres your guest packet and you had everyone an ipad lol

Hmm I was just thinking about this two hours ago and thinking how much easier it would make things, I mean hand an ipad or tablet to everyguest have the catalog and order form on it and then have them send their order to your email address and that way you dont have to actually put all the orders in. How futuristic is that! Then PC would follow with an interactive catalog where they just click the product and tell it to put it in a wish list or to buy it ha Just dreaming here!

When you go to print your files, click on the Properities or Preferences button in the print window that pops up. Theres an option for Fast/Economical printing. Using this feature has cut my ink costs in about half.

For things that are identical in all of your host packets, you can go to a copy store and get them copied for about 4 cents a sheet. Sometimes Staples will have 2 cent b&w copies. Just another option for you.

You might also want to think about getting a new printerr if it keeps costing too much in ink. A big investment at first, but by the end of the year it might pay off. Plus its a tax write off!

pctharper said:
When you go to print your files, click on the Properities or Preferences button in the print window that pops up. Theres an option for Fast/Economical printing. Using this feature has cut my ink costs in about half.

For things that are identical in all of your host packets, you can go to a copy store and get them copied for about 4 cents a sheet. Sometimes Staples will have 2 cent b&w copies. Just another option for you.

I agree - sending your paperwork to Office Depot (or is it Office Max?) to get printed and then paying using our discount with PC is much cheaper than printing stuff off yourself.

I print the guest special small - four per page - and staple them to the front of the catalogs I give to hosts. I also give three catalogs total - 1 with the host special on it and a label that says Host Copy - and two with guest specials attached for them to use to collect outside orders.

I also have a special outside order form that I use that I call the "host worksheet". It has space on it (front and back) for six outside orders and a section for bookings.

ms_twana said:
my Show Planner is different from the HO one. I like mine better because it mentions things in the checklist that the HO one does not.

I would love to see a copy of your show planner. I like the HO one but if this is something you feel is helping your hosts have better success, I'd love a chance to look it over. Could you email it to me at [email protected].

pctharper said:

You might also want to think about getting a new printerr if it keeps costing too much in ink. A big investment at first, but by the end of the year it might pay off. Plus its a tax write off!

I try to do this as often as I can, and I don't seem to have that option on most of the PC PDF files? I click preferences and nothing happens - like its not available? So what I do instead is print ONE then use my printere (which is also a scanner/copier - and only cost $89 BTW!) and print copies choosing draft quality on my printer. Now if I could just remember to not print the second page on the OOF!! Ugh I cant tell you how many times I have forgotten that! :)

pcsharon1 said:
I agree - sending your paperwork to Office Depot (or is it Office Max?) to get printed and then paying using our discount with PC is much cheaper than printing stuff off yourself.

I print the guest special small - four per page - and staple them to the front of the catalogs I give to hosts. I also give three catalogs total - 1 with the host special on it and a label that says Host Copy - and two with guest specials attached for them to use to collect outside orders.

I also have a special outside order form that I use that I call the "host worksheet". It has space on it (front and back) for six outside orders and a section for bookings.

I would love to see a copy of your show planner. I like the HO one but if this is something you feel is helping your hosts have better success, I'd love a chance to look it over. Could you email it to me at [email protected].

Could you post your host planner here? AND could you post the generic outside order form that is 3 to a page here? Thanks!

ms_twana said:
Sooo, I am spending A LOT of money on ink for host packets and order forms and everything else. So, I was thinking that maybe an electronic host packet would be better. I always send an email with the 50 guests in 5 minutes sheet and the PDF guest list file before I mail the host packet. So what if I included all of those other forms as well? I mean I know that catalogs and maybe order forms haved to be mailed, but does it REALLY help to print off the other stuff (host letter, show planner, guest and host specials, etc).

Does anyone send their forms via email instead of a hard copy?

Ive never heard of the 50 guests in 5 minutes form. Where can I find that?

Could I bother you with a copy of the 50 guests in 5 minutes flyer? i KNOW I have it but can't find it in it's "special place". Thanks in advance!

mom4angela said:
Could I bother you with a copy of the 50 guests in 5 minutes flyer? i KNOW I have it but can't find it in it's "special place". Thanks in advance!

Go to Files, and type in 50 - you will have several to choose from.

(That is better than re-posting it here, every time something that is in the files gets re-posted, it just adds unnecessarily to the files.)

Found it! Thank you, Becky D.!

I hardly put anything in my host packets. I use the PC show planner because they're free. I include a few OOFs that list the monthly special. I don't put anything on the catalog with the special - they always seemed to get torn off. That said, I put every show on my PWS and most of my hosts do all of their planning on there. I don't even have many folks who want invitations mailed - it all goes off of the PWS.

pctharper said:

GREAT tips!!! Thanks so much.

pcsharon1 said:

My show planner is just one that I found on here. I think I may have added a thing or two in the checklist. I'll email it to you.

I would love to see your host worksheet.

ms_twana said:
GREAT tips!!! Thanks so much.

My show planner is just one that I found on here. I think I may have added a thing or two in the checklist. I'll email it to you.

I would love to see your host worksheet.

Instead of e-mailing it can you post it on here?

It's in the files section. Just search for Cooking Show Planner.

1. What is included in the Electronic Packet?

The Electronic Packet includes digital versions of all the materials and resources that are included in the traditional Pampered Chef starter kit, such as product catalogs, training guides, and order forms.

2. Can I access the Electronic Packet on any device?

Yes, the Electronic Packet can be accessed and downloaded on any device that has internet access, including computers, tablets, and smartphones.

3. How do I purchase the Electronic Packet?

The Electronic Packet can be purchased through your Pampered Chef consultant by adding it to your starter kit order. It can also be purchased separately through the Pampered Chef website.

4. Is there a difference between the traditional starter kit and the Electronic Packet?

No, the content and materials included in both the traditional starter kit and the Electronic Packet are the same. The only difference is that the Electronic Packet is in digital format.

5. Can I share the Electronic Packet with my team members?

Yes, the Electronic Packet can be shared with any team members who are also Pampered Chef consultants. However, it cannot be shared with non-consultants or used for any commercial purposes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pkd09
Replies
Views
Kristina21