• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Efficient Team Meeting Strategies: Booking, Recruiting, and Product Knowledge

It's great when consultants let us know what they need from the meetings but it is up to the directors to decide what the agenda is. If he's asking for the same things you offer in new consultant training suggest he sit in on the next one you do. Offer it as a way for him to prepare to advance himself by reviewing what it covered at that class.
pamela
Meeting VENT!I had an email from a Director I do my meeetings with (there are 4 of us). She stated she had talked to a "seasoned" consultant last week and that he wanted us to show the following things at our team meetings~the basics on how to do a show, how to make customer care calls, what are good, quick recipes...
WELL, I just about passed out! Is this something that we should be concentrating on at a meeting or is this why we have NEW CONSULTANT training?? I know we are supposed to utilize the basics of booking and recruiting and product knowledge, but I just can't see talking about it in the simplified way this consultant wants!
What do you all think? How are you conducting your meetings? Are we making it too confusing by having things like Chefardy? AM I OVERREACTING??!!!:eek:

chefmeg said:
I had an email from a Director I do my meeetings with (there are 4 of us). She stated she had talked to a "seasoned" consultant last week and that he wanted us to show the following things at our team meetings~the basics on how to do a show, how to make customer care calls, what are good, quick recipes...
WELL, I just about passed out! Is this something that we should be concentrating on at a meeting or is this why we have NEW CONSULTANT training?? I know we are supposed to utilize the basics of booking and recruiting and product knowledge, but I just can't see talking about it in the simplified way this consultant wants!
What do you all think? How are you conducting your meetings? Are we making it too confusing by having things like Chefardy? AM I OVERREACTING??!!!:eek:

It's great when consultants let us know what they need from the meetings but it is up to the directors to decide what the agenda is. If he's asking for the same things you offer in new consultant training suggest he sit in on the next one you do. Offer it as a way for him to prepare to advance himself by reviewing what it covered at that class.

I think every meeting should have something about booking, customer care, doing the show and recruiting but most consultants will get bored if you kept it simple every time - they come for new ideas and support. I always try to bring segments (like chefardy) back to how it can help everyone. There is usually someone new there and I urge "seasoned" consultants to help the newer ones with some of their questions so they can be networking.

I have a team of 9 and of that 6 are less than 5 months in the business. So we do our ,monthly cluster meeting. This is held at my directors house with 3 other directors. Then once a month I do a training night. Each month is a different training topic. I do this mainly cause they are so new. But even my seasoned consultants come still.

I use the monthly meeting planner.

I would encourage him to attend a cook & book

I find one of the most challenging things about meetings are meeting the needs of all levels of consultants. Not getting too complicated for the newbies and not boring the the oldies. It doesn't seem right if the basic training is just for 1 or 2 people. On the other hand everyone can always use a short review and you could infuse it with some advanced selling skills.
Another challenge I find when doing meetings with other directors is that what I would like to do isn't always what they would like to do- so you're often compromising. But its so much less work too planning and doing the meeting.

Happy Chef said:
I find one of the most challenging things about meetings are meeting the needs of all levels of consultants. Not getting too complicated for the newbies and not boring the the oldies. It doesn't seem right if the basic training is just for 1 or 2 people. On the other hand everyone can always use a short review and you could infuse it with some advanced selling skills.
Another challenge I find when doing meetings with other directors is that what I would like to do isn't always what they would like to do- so you're often compromising. But its so much less work too planning and doing the meeting.

I felt that way for a long, long time and then I had a revelation! I kept thinking that covering the "basics" was boring and remedial for my seasoned consultants. Even one complained.... I'll get to that in a minute. My revelation was that all we need to do as consultants to be successful IS STICK TO THE BASICS!!! I realized that after HO introduced the online courses. If we just do what we need to do and not complicate it, we will be successful. It's those consultants who "have tried that" that complicate their businesses.

The consultant I wrote about on the other thread who is considering leaving PC was the one who complained. She thought the online courses were only applicable to new consultants. Of course she never did her list of 100, never host coached, never shared the opportunity with others. She wanted it all to be "magic!"

What I do now is use the meeting planner from the directory. I get through that in 90 minutes and then leave the last half hour to go over anything one-on-one with someone if they need it. I work with them directly, but in front of the group (they know I will do this) so it can benefit everyone.

update!He didn't even come to the meeting! I have to say this was one of the best meetings we ever has and I really feel that it was because this consultant wasn't there giving his usual negative vibe off...I talked to another Director that was there, and she felt the same way.
His negativity is really costing him his business and is holding him back in so many ways. I am not his Director, but would LOVE to be able to share with him just how he is affecting himself.

Anyone have any suggestions? I am thinking of telling my husband I want one for Christmas. We have one of those camcorders that plays the really small tapes and the only way to put it on the tv is to hook it up to the tv with the cord, there is nothing to just put them in and play in the vcr like others. And I do not want to to have to go through a lot of trouble to record them to something else all the time.

I do not know what features to look for. What I need, what I don't need. What they use to make it look good when it does not matter. Things like that.

Thanks!

i usually go to bestbuy and circuit city website and take a look at what is out there. They have user reviews. I also do a search on line and usually find some forums where they have reviews.

Also go into bestbuy or circuit city and talk to a sales rep. I find that circuit city tends to be more knowledgeable. If you are able to go during the day in the week they will most likely have a lot of time to spend with you and answer all of your questions without expecting a sale.

Nikkijo said:
i usually go to bestbuy and circuit city website and take a look at what is out there. They have user reviews. I also do a search on line and usually find some forums where they have reviews.

Also go into bestbuy or circuit city and talk to a sales rep. I find that circuit city tends to be more knowledgeable. If you are able to go during the day in the week they will most likely have a lot of time to spend with you and answer all of your questions without expecting a sale.

I agree, I do the exact same thing!

Attachments

• label for stopping by booth.doc
    65.5 KB · Views: 212
  • label for stopping by booth.doc
    65.5 KB · Views: 193
  • fall 2008 gift sets.doc
    64 KB · Views: 165
  • fall 2008 gift sets.doc
    64 KB · Views: 154
The nearest Best Buy or Circuit City is 90 miles away from me. It is a great idea though.

Mine will probably be bought at Walmart where I will be way more knowledgable than the person selling it!! HAHAHA!!!:icecream:

chefmeg said:
He didn't even come to the meeting! I have to say this was one of the best meetings we ever has and I really feel that it was because this consultant wasn't there giving his usual negative vibe off...I talked to another Director that was there, and she felt the same way.
His negativity is really costing him his business and is holding him back in so many ways. I am not his Director, but would LOVE to be able to share with him just how he is affecting himself.

We have our monthly meetings where we do recognition and usually discuss something specific like gift ideas, fair booths, booking through customer care, - since most of those who come are the newer consultants, we have planned to repeat the basics again (objections are always helpful & seasoned consultants seem to enjoy "knowing" and hrlping). We also have "focused trainings" at the end of the month that have no recognition, and are meant to train on specific basics (recruiting, booking, etc).

In addition to being able to ask questions after the meeting, anyone that has specific things they want to work on should be encouraged to contact their director to schedule in some training. As you mentioned they can do online training, conference calls, even review their manual.

Hi Susan, how are you feeling? Didn't you have surgery recently?

1. What are some tips for efficiently booking team meetings?

Some tips for efficiently booking team meetings include setting a specific date and time for the meeting, sending out invitations or reminders in advance, and clearly outlining the agenda for the meeting. It's also helpful to ask attendees for their availability beforehand and consider using a scheduling tool like Doodle to find the best meeting time for everyone.

2. How can I effectively recruit team members for a meeting?

To effectively recruit team members for a meeting, it's important to clearly communicate the purpose and benefits of the meeting. You can also appeal to their interests or goals by highlighting how the meeting will help them improve their skills or achieve their targets. Additionally, offering incentives or rewards for attendance can also be a helpful recruitment strategy.

3. What are some ways to improve product knowledge during team meetings?

One way to improve product knowledge during team meetings is to incorporate interactive activities or presentations that focus on specific products. This could include product demonstrations, role-playing scenarios, or quizzes. Additionally, providing team members with access to product resources or training materials can also help improve their product knowledge.

4. How can I keep team meetings on track and efficient?

To keep team meetings on track and efficient, it's important to have a clear agenda and stick to it. This means avoiding tangents or off-topic discussions, and assigning a time limit for each agenda item. It's also helpful to designate a facilitator or timekeeper to ensure the meeting stays on schedule.

5. What is the recommended length for a team meeting?

The recommended length for a team meeting can vary depending on the purpose and goals of the meeting. However, it's generally recommended to keep meetings to no longer than 1-2 hours. If a longer meeting is necessary, be sure to schedule breaks and provide refreshments to keep attendees engaged and focused.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kathytnt
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
  • Bren706
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • Malinda Klein