• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Business Promotion: Tips and Strategies for Passive Advertising

In summary, most people try to wear their pins high up on either their left or right side. They also use their catalog tote as a purse.
Kathytnt
I am curious what works best for most people. I guess I am talking more passive promotion such as shirts, caps, bags, car magnets etc.

Today for the third or 4th time I have come out of the post office with a person waiting by my car. They either saw my little Pampered Chef hanger in the window (like Baby on Board) or my car magnets. The Hanger was free with my first order from Nancy's and the car magnets I got from Merrill.

My current shirts - Long sleeve and polo shirt in pink with stitching rarely draw attention. I even got the matching ball cap. Probably doesn't draw attention because the colors don't stand out.

Just thought I would see what works for others.

I chose "other" because the one thing that has gotten more comments - and even shows:D has been my Pampered Chef pin from Nancy's Artworks! More than my catalog tote, and my shirts, and my coat, combined! Best $2 I ever spent on advertising!

ChefBeckyD said:
I chose "other" because the one thing that has gotten more comments - and even shows:D has been my Pampered Chef pin from Nancy's Artworks! More than my catalog tote, and my shirts, and my coat, combined! Best $2 I ever spent on advertising!

What pin do you have?

I haven't had much luck with any thing I have bought so far (shirts, hats, coats, bags, etc)

I do use all of them though, I can say the teal/blue t-shirt from vip does make people look. I had one lady follow me around the store just to see what the front said.

One of my choices checked was other. I have a jacket from VIP with the PC logo on it.
I have car magnets from Town & Country (before Merrill) but it is an outside of the box moment for me to put them on. I do like Merrills better however.
Mostly the shirts and jacket bring up conversations. They haven't always been a lead on a party. Sometimes and order but rare.
Ann

When I started I got the starter pack from Merrill with the name tag, stamper and business cards all matching. Just bought some note pads that were on sale (with the bridal sale last month) and the car magnets match too. I can't beleive I just bought my third set of business cards from Merrill. I usually get 500 at a time to save money.

bbauman07 said:
What pin do you have?

I haven't had much luck with any thing I have bought so far (shirts, hats, coats, bags, etc)

I used to use the round red one that said "The Pampered Chef", Now it's a rectangular white with the PC logo, and tag line "Discover the Chef in You..." - Both have been effective.

I am going to get a catalog tote, and only really use it when I go to the grocery store, which is once a week, so I will see if that will help...

ChefBeckyD said:
I used to use the round red one that said "The Pampered Chef", Now it's a rectangular white with the PC logo, and tag line "Discover the Chef in You..." - Both have been effective.

Where do you wear your pin?

bbauman07 said:
Where do you wear your pin?

high up on either my left or right side.....high enough so that people aren't embarrassed to look at it!:D ;)

In the winter I wear in on the lapel of my coat most of the time.

I have a PC coat 2 actually it's a 2 in 1. It's probally that I usually have my kids with me. I will try the pin though. Thanks.

I do feel a little self-conscious sometimes. I feel like I have to be careful about what l wearing, how my hair looks etc when I am where PC promotion stuff and driving carefully when I have the magnets on the car. LOL! Road ragers have my phone number but it's never been a problem

Kathytnt said:
I do feel a little self-conscious sometimes. I feel like I have to be careful about what l wearing, how my hair looks etc when I am where PC promotion stuff and driving carefully when I have the magnets on the car. LOL! Road ragers have my phone number but it's never been a problem

Haha, I had "some lady" cut me off the other day, and I got so mad....and then when I got on the side of her in the turning lane, she had a PC decal on her side window!! Our meetings contain her cluster and mine! I couldn't believe it....

My catalog tote gets the most attention. I use it as a purse.

Jennifer...that's my biggest fear that I'm going to be "some lady" if I get car magnets or stickers! I just made me a catalog tote, so hopefully that will gain some attention...it seems to work for my buddy...I have a few PC shirts that nobody ever comments on...

I use a little 5x7" purse I got from Wal-Mart for $1.68 plus tax. It has a photo window spot on it. I put a little flyer in the windows of the purse (both sides have a window). It has a saying on it "Let's talk about Pampered Chef" with an asterik. At bottom, the asterik says, "and get a FREE cookbook." I get their information on a standard PC Drawing slip, have about a 15 minute conversation with them (either then or later), then mail them a SB.

This works wonders! I always put the purse up on the counter when paying, set it up on a table if eating out, or in my basket at the grocery store. I get tons of comments and get leads for guest, hosts, consultants this way.

Trish in Texas
Future Director & Recruiter

That is a great idea Trish!

So it appears that hats or caps are not a big draw The lady that was standing by my car at the post office has actually ordered something and has dropped by my work twice already. I know she isn't a stalker LOL! I work for a Natural Foods store and she had to come back to get an item that had not come in yet.

I have my bag with my calender and cattys in it with me all the time, and when i am not at work at my day job, I am wearing something that says PC on it generally!!

So Trish, How long ago did you get this purse? I wonder if they have them here? Can you post a pic of it? Thanks

I use a little 5x7" purse I got from Wal-Mart for $1.68 plus tax. It has a photo window spot on it. I put a little flyer in the windows of the purse (both sides have a window).

I started this post because I am thinking about investing is a few more promotional items and want to invest wisely

I have been thinking about getting decals for my car. However, I know I can't use the tag line because I would get them from an outside vendor but I also don't know if my work would approve. They don't pay ofr the car but if I am traveling to customer's location and stuff they are not something i could remove. I thought about the car magnets but terrified they would blow off. I don't think the catalog bag would go over big with me :)

Jason, if they don't pay for the car, what are they going to say? I wouldn't think there's much they could do unless you were actively promoting PC on their company time.

I live in North Texas and we have wind, rain, sleet, hail and yes even snow and my magnets have never come off unless I am taking them off

I have the Belinda "Business is Great" pin and I get LOTS of compliments on that! (mwa ha ha ha)

I have a similiar pin but didn't get it from Belinda's website - There is a wholesaler in town where I can get it for a better price

Anyone know if there is someone where we can suggest a conference workshop??

I have the PC pin on my purse, but I get (got in the winter) more comments for wearing my pc fleece jacket. It has the pc logo on the front.

I just picked up a bag similar to the one Trish mentioned, but bigger. It's a larger tote bag with five or six photo slots on the outside. I'm in the process of creating graphics and flyers of some sort to stick in the slots. It was only $5.00 at michael's, and it's pink, my favorite color, so it works better for me than the catalog tote.

I wish I had a Micheal's. I really need to get a customer base established. I will have to look at Hobby Lobby.

I've gotten a few comments when I have made kids in matching neon green shirts with the logo on it. The color is bright and there are TWO of them so that makes you look twice. It's be really good if I where one at the same time but they didn't have adult sizes. They were on clearance but it's gone now.....

Ok - I have to admit that you will not see me in neon green put it would be a catchy color Fuschia works for me LOL! But I can't find anything at VIP in that shade of pink I have to have cool colors.

Kathy,Are you creative at all? You could do your own shirt. It just can't have the official logo - but it could still say The Pampered Chef.At least, I think so.

Actually, it can have the logo on it, as long as you make it yourself. We aren't allowed to give the logo to another company to produce things with, but if you buy iron on transfers and make them yourself it's fine. The logos are available to download on CC. I just picked up t-shirts at the craft store for a few dollars each.

Well I might just go crazy on creativity now - I guess I was not sure about using the Pampered Chef name

Anyone make their own PC attire and if so what does it look like. What are our limitations as far as PC. Can I put I HEART Pampered Chef but no chef hat logo or tagline of Discover the Chef in you??

As I read it, it's okay to make things for your own use...I sent HO an email, just to see. My mom has an embroidery machine and I'd LOVE to make my own stuff. That way I can pick my style and such. I'll let y'all know when I hear back! (though this MIGHT be one of those things that it's better to do and then apologize rather than ask and be told no...)

Related to Effective Business Promotion: Tips and Strategies for Passive Advertising

1. How can I effectively promote my business passively?

Passive promotion can be achieved through various methods such as using promotional products like shirts, caps, bags, car magnets, etc., utilizing social media and online platforms, and participating in community events.

2. What are some tips for using promotional products to promote my business?

Choose products that are relevant to your business and have a high chance of being used by potential customers. Use eye-catching designs and colors to make your products stand out. Also, make sure to distribute them strategically, such as giving them out at events or including them in your packaging.

3. How can I make my car magnets and hangers more effective for promoting my business?

Make sure to include your business name, logo, and contact information on the magnets and hangers. Use bold and easy-to-read fonts, and choose colors that stand out. You can also consider adding a catchy slogan or tagline to make them more memorable.

4. What are some other ways to passively promote my business?

Utilizing social media and online platforms such as creating a business page on Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn can help increase your online presence and reach a wider audience. Additionally, participating in community events and sponsoring local sports teams or organizations can also help promote your business passively.

5. How can I make sure my promotional products are effective in promoting my business?

Regularly evaluate the success of your promotional products by tracking their usage and impact on your business. You can also ask for feedback from customers who have received your products and use their suggestions to improve your future promotional efforts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leilanisivertsen
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
leilanisivertsen
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • MakinBacon
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies