• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Bad Check Letter for Bounced Checks - Helpful Tips and Guide

so I don't know what to say when someone says they don't want to pay me. I usually just give them cash and tell them that I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I would just call the kids cell and nicely apologize for calling the cell BUT... you tried to get in touch with her and this is the only way - So ask for the parent on the kids cell - I luckily have never been... so I don't know what to say when someone says they don't want to pay me.
melindag
I have seen in past threads reference to a letter in the files for a bounced check, but I can't seem to find it with all of the keywords searches I have tried. Would a kind soul be willing to post it again, or help me out?

thanks
Melinda

here's one!
i found this one on another site!

Last edited:
You could also call your local DA and talk to someone in the worthless check unit.

That said, though, I have been in business for almost 2 years, and have only gotten 1 bad check. A courtesy phone call might be better than a stern letter!

I've already done the courtesy phone call......twice, followed up with a courtesy letter which confirmed the one phone conversation I was fortunate enough to have with the person. now it's time to move to the next stop.

thanks
Melinda

So sorry
melindag said:
I've already done the courtesy phone call......twice, followed up with a courtesy letter which confirmed the one phone conversation I was fortunate enough to have with the person. now it's time to move to the next stop.

thanks
Melinda

Great job with all the courtesy phone calls and letters. I am sorry you are dealing with this. I figured you were ready for something a little more drastic because you had exhausted all other resources. I hope you get your money, I hope it wasn't a huge check!

I actually went to a hostess' home today because it has been something different each time. Not that she was lying, her grandfather died, her daughter was sick today, and her husband left her home without a vehicle. She actually had me take her debit card to the ATM to get my $160.00 that she owed me (guest wrote check to her, and her debit card stalled the show because it didn't go through so I paid with my card).

Well guess how I felt when it said "System unavailable"? I have never seen a message like that on an ATM machine. I was worried that I wasn't going to get my money, that I drove all the way to her home for nothing, and that the card was bogus. Well I prayed and asked the Lord to help me from getting frustrated and to fix everything. Well I went across the street to another ATM and it worked!!! I was so relieved and happy.

Debbie :D

this experience has really soured me - I have been trying to recover these fund since mid-December. My bank socked me with a hefty fee on top of it. When I spoke to the customer, she agreed to reimburse me the fees in addition to her order amount - which was great - now I just need her to "show me the money"!

Being a p-t consultant, I'm just not at a level of business where I can absorb these kinds of expenses without it being real detrimental.

Melinda

:) I have only had this happen once, and the lady was very nice and gave me cash. If I had looked closed at the check, it says not vaild for under 100.00. :yuck: She has more than one account and just gave me the wrong check. That being said, I have to go to someone's house who HASNOT paid me for her orderl . I usually never pay for someone's order then collect, but I know her and so I did it as a favor to her, she turned her order in over the phone. I tired to call her and the phone is disconnected,:yuck: but I have her kids' cell phone. My DS is GOOD friends with her DD. I don't want to invlove her kid, but I NEED MY MONEY.....:grumpy:

chefdiana2007 said:
:) I have only had this happen once, and the lady was very nice and gave me cash. If I had looked closed at the check, it says not vaild for under 100.00. :yuck: She has more than one account and just gave me the wrong check. That being said, I have to go to someone's house who HASNOT paid me for her orderl . I usually never pay for someone's order then collect, but I know her and so I did it as a favor to her, she turned her order in over the phone. I tired to call her and the phone is disconnected,:yuck: but I have her kids' cell phone. My DS is GOOD friends with her DD. I don't want to invlove her kid, but I NEED MY MONEY.....:grumpy:

I would just call the kids cell and nicely apologize for calling the cell BUT... you tried to get in touch with her and this is the only way - So ask for the parent on the kids cell -

I luckily have never been burnt but I also tell everyone (friends or not) that I am holding the show till I get the check - I basically say that HO needs to know how payment is made including check # so that it is covered by guarantees etc -

As I said earlier, call your city/county DA office. Turn the affair over to the worthless check unit. IMHO if she is giving you the run-around for this long, you aren't the only person that she had done this to!

Does she have the product or did you get it back?

I have been selling PC for a little over a year and a half. Last October, the daughter of my SUPERVISOR at the business college where I teach part-time did a catalog show. Her mom, again, my supervisor, placed an order for over $115, and the check bounced! I called her and emailed her. She told me she would pay it right away. She has yet to make it right. (And, so far, knock wood, that was the first and only bounced check I've ever received.)

Well, I work at an attorney's office, which she knows, and the attorney across the street is a huge PC fan and has become a great customer. I asked her my options (since the attorneys I've worked for don't deal with small claims and such), and she told me my two options were to turn it into the Prosecutor or she would send a letter giving 10 days to pay. The 10 days just expired, and no payment. So, the attorney is going to file suit. In Indiana the law is you can sue for 3 times the amount of the check and fees, AND attorney fees. Thankfully, this doesn't happen to consultants too often, but it's worth checking into your options and deciding which would work best for you. It really upsets me that we had a professional working relationship and she totally disregarded that she stiffed me for $125 or so (thankfully my bank only charged me $7). I have even called the school the last couple of days for another co-worker, and she answered the phone. She never mentioned it, nor did I. There are always going to be people who make you scratch your head...

Good luck collecting your money.

Tammy

Related to Effective Bad Check Letter for Bounced Checks - Helpful Tips and Guide

What is "Iso: Bad Check Letter"?

"Iso: Bad Check Letter" is a letter that is sent to a customer who has written a check that has been returned by their bank due to insufficient funds or other issues. This letter serves as a notice to the customer that they need to make the payment for their purchase using a different form of payment.

Why did I receive an "Iso: Bad Check Letter" from Pampered Chef?

If you have received an "Iso: Bad Check Letter" from Pampered Chef, it means that a check you wrote to make a purchase was returned by your bank. This could be due to insufficient funds, a closed account, or other reasons. The letter serves as a reminder to make the payment using a different form of payment.

What do I need to do after receiving an "Iso: Bad Check Letter"?

After receiving an "Iso: Bad Check Letter" from Pampered Chef, you will need to make the payment for your purchase using a different form of payment. You can do this by either sending a new check, making a payment online, or contacting our customer service team for further assistance.

Will I incur any fees or penalties for a returned check?

There may be fees or penalties associated with a returned check, depending on your bank's policies and the terms and conditions of your account. We recommend contacting your bank for more information. Additionally, Pampered Chef may charge a fee for the returned check, which will be stated in the "Iso: Bad Check Letter".

How can I avoid receiving an "Iso: Bad Check Letter" in the future?

To avoid receiving an "Iso: Bad Check Letter" in the future, make sure to have sufficient funds in your account before writing a check for a purchase. You can also consider using alternative forms of payment, such as credit or debit cards, to ensure that your payment is processed successfully.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• adauw
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedmom71
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • pamperedlinda