• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

HO Conference Meal Guide: What's Included & What to Bring | Wave 2 Travel Tips

In summary, the Hilton offers breakfast and lunch with the HO tour, and rooms have mini refrigerators.
sailortena
From experience, can anyone tell me what meals are provided by HO and which ones we are responsible for ourselves?

I am in Wave 2, and the group of people I will be traveling will be getting to Chicago on July 11, right before conference starts the next day.

I am taking a HO tour at 7:30 on the 12th, so figured that with the $25 I am paying for, I will also get breakfast.

I am an economical person and want to eat as cheaply and healthy as possible. I thought a lot about bringing most of my own food, but I didn't know how well it would go over carrying a large cooler.

Do the rooms at the Hilton have mini refrigerators?

I haven't been to confenence yet so can't help you with some of your question, but this is what the Hilton lists as their amenities -- I don't see a refigerator, so I'd expect they do not have since they were so detailed on the other things they offer.

Guest Accommodations
A Grand Tradition of 1544 richly appointed guest rooms and suites fusing historic luxury and contemporary amenities.

High speed internet access networks: 100% wireless access in all guest rooms and suites plus elevator floor lounges.
Wired access in 30% of guest rooms to compliment existing wireless access, for rooms on floors 8, 9, 10, 23, 24, 25.
Serenity Bed manufactured by Serta® provides plush-top mattress to provide plenty support and luxury.
Fine European-style 250 thread-count linens. Four fabulous down and feather pillows on double/double beds and five pillows on king beds.
Easy to set Alarm Clock with pre-set radio stations and MP3 connectivity to personalize in-room listening using iPods, CD players and other portable devices.
Get fit with Hilton In-Room Fitness Program. Treadmill equipped guest rooms provide professional full-sized SOLE F80 models.
27'' inch flat screen televisions offering remote control cable TV, Pay-Per View movies, Play Station®, Zip-Out check-out via TV.
2-line direct dial phones
Automated voice mail
Delivery of USA Today® newspaper (M-F)
Coffee service with complimentary coffee/tea
Ironing boards, irons
Hairdryers.

sailortena said:
From experience, can anyone tell me what meals are provided by HO and which ones we are responsible for ourselves?

I am in Wave 2, and the group of people I will be traveling will be getting to Chicago on July 11, right before conference starts the next day.

I am taking a HO tour at 7:30 on the 12th, so figured that with the $25 I am paying for, I will also get breakfast.

I am an economical person and want to eat as cheaply and healthy as possible. I thought a lot about bringing most of my own food, but I didn't know how well it would go over carrying a large cooler.

If you really want a fridge, you might call and see if they have them either by special request or for a fee. I had to do this once when traveling with a baby--I think it might have been a Hilton hotel (the Palmer House in Chicago also, think that is now a Hilton property)

You do get breakfast or lunch with the HO tour (depending on the time you go). The schedule that you got about conference tells you which meals are included. There are several inexpensive deli's and restaurants all within walking distance of the hotels for the rest of the meals. Even if you choose a place that requires a cab ride it's only a couple dollars when you divide the fare between 3-4 people riding together.

There are also stores in walking distance to the hotels where you can buy snacks, drinks and light food to eat in your room.

I personally don't think it would be worth the extra money to get a refrigerator. You are not in the room much at all and you can chill drinks with the ice bucket or bring a cooler to add ice to.

sailortena said:

You can get a refrigerator at the Hilton (I've never had one in my room there) by asking. One of the girls in our group was pumping breast milk last year so asked for one to be put in her room. Don't have any idea how much they charged.

There is a Jewel grocery store very close to the Hilton.

What I did was to bring a prep bowl, plastic spoons and instant oatmeal. Usually there is a coffee machine in the room which can heat the water for the oatmeal. I also brought snacks. I think I spent about $50 on meals while I was there - and I did go to Giordanos for a deep dish pizza!

Last year the only meal we paid for was the first evening (the Execs had a dinner that night). We just ordered in from a local restaurant. Pasta and salad....I think it was around $8 a person.

Other than that, everything else was paid for!

I think...don't have my paperwork...we get breakfast day 2 & 3, lunch day 2, dinner at the executive banquet. I think that is all.

I don't remember spending more than $50 myself and that includes buying lunch at the starbucks at the convention center one day. There are a ton of little places right around the Hilton, the first day I arrived last year I had a hot dog for lunch there and it was only like $3. I also bought a flat of water from the walgreens and then carried water with me each day, so I didn't have to worry about that.

There was a great cafe right around the corner from the Hilton last year. Had pretty inexpensive breakfast & lunch.
If anyone's staying at the Sheraton, we've eaten at the NBC building across the street. There's a really inexpensive lunch place there.

sailortena said:

Oh, and yes, you do get a bag breakfast with a bagel, cream cheese, yogurt, fruit and juice for the HO tour!

If you are going to be in town the night before and need a dinner place, try Gino's East or Giordano's for Chicago Style pizza...they are both great!

Our rooms at the Hilton had fridges the past 2 years, but I think that they changed the policy last year that if it was unlocked, you would be charged.

Meals with conference are:
Something with the tour (box breakfast or lunch, depending if you're on the early or late tour)
Breakfast, lunch and banquet Day 2
Breakfast Day 3

Thanks for the info!!

You should try Bubba Gumps on the Navy Pier. Its not cheap but the food is great.

We always go to Ed Debevic's. It is so much fun. A diner that has singing waitress and waiters. It is a little bit of a walk and we normally have to wait but it is so much fun!:D :D

My cluster usually walks the couple of miles from the Hilton to Cheesecake Factory. It's a way of preemptively working off the cheesecake.

A couple years ago we went for dinner at the Weber Grill-- YUM!

Thanks for the info ladies! It helps a lot knowing what you are going into and what to expect. First Conference for me!

What is included in the HO Conference Meal Guide?

The HO Conference Meal Guide includes a variety of meal options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner during the Wave 2 travel dates. It also includes snack options, as well as dietary accommodations for those with allergies or food preferences.

Do I need to bring my own food to the HO Conference?

No, the HO Conference Meal Guide provides all necessary meals and snacks during the Wave 2 travel dates. However, if you have any specific dietary restrictions or preferences, you may want to bring your own snacks or meals to supplement the provided options.

Are there vegetarian/vegan options available in the HO Conference Meal Guide?

Yes, the HO Conference Meal Guide includes vegetarian and vegan options for those with dietary restrictions or preferences. Please make sure to indicate any dietary needs when registering for the conference.

Can I request additional meals or snacks in the HO Conference Meal Guide?

While the HO Conference Meal Guide provides a variety of meal options, if you have specific dietary restrictions or preferences, you may want to bring your own snacks or meals to supplement the provided options. You can also speak to the conference coordinator to see if any additional accommodations can be made.

Do I need to bring my own plates and utensils for the meals provided in the HO Conference Meal Guide?

No, all necessary plates, utensils, and napkins will be provided for the meals included in the HO Conference Meal Guide. You do not need to bring your own unless you have specific preferences or dietary restrictions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• yummybytes
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KellyTheChef
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
Replies