• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Frozen Chicken Recipe: Cooking in DCB without Thawing | Tips & Tricks

In summary, if you want to cook chicken breasts without thawing them first, you can do it in the DCB. However, you should be careful not to cause thermal shock.
sarahlegare
Hi all! I have 4-5 chicken breasts in my freezer & was wondering if I could cook them in the DCB WITHOUT thawing them first? Anyone done this? How long did it take & what temp setting? Should I maybe do it on a the med. bar pan or the metal sheet pan instead??

i end up cooking mine frozen all the time, plus i cannot stand touching slimey chicken! I do them in the DCB. Not sure on time though. I just keeping checking them.

Just be careful doing this. You could cause thermal shock b/c they're frozen.

Maybe start them in a cold oven, that way they will start to thaw as the oven heats up.

To thaw them really quick, place them in a baggie in hot water. They'll thaw in less than 15 minutes.

I wouldn't risk it. Thermal shock=broken DCB=a PITA!!!

I only use frozen chicken breasts (it is all we had in Okinawa)! I always start ANYTHING cold-even chicken nuggets for the kids in a cold oven. I have been doing it for almost ten years without an issue............

stick the frozen chicken in a piece of cookware to thaw. Should thaw quickly due to heat transfer.Robin

I wouldn't risk it myself either. Take them out to thaw tonight and they will be ready tomorrow.

Thanks all! I was going to use them for dinner tonight, but was concerned about thermal shock. Decided to not bother....Thanks for all your comments!

I would be afraid of thermal shock too. It's not like nuggets that you put on a stone frozen.

I took my frozen chicken out of the freezer and then took the chicken out of the bag and then put it in a microwave safe dish and thawed out my chicken , then took out the junk, washed and towel dried the chicken before I got it ready to put it in the DCB the other night.

Remember...something that is already partially cooked (nuggets, fries, frozen pizzas, etc.) does NOT need to be thawed to be placed on our stones.

Something that is RAW can not be put on the stone in it's frozen state without the possibility of causing thermal shock. Doing that changes a small portion of the stone (where the chicken breast or pork roast, etc is laying) to become MUCH colder than the rest of the stone.

Also...be sure to cover 2/3 of your stone (or more) when cooking. Use the right stone for the job. If you put one chicken breast into the rectangle baker to cook, it can cause thermal shock too. For the same reason as above...most of the stone would heat up quickly in comparison to where the food is laying.

BTW...someone on here said that you can thaw chicken breasts in about 30 minutes in the family skillet. Just lay them on there, and keep turning every few minutes. The awesome heat transfer pulls the cold out of the chicken!!

I tried that last night with a pound of hamburger and it didn't thaw out in 30 minutes. It wasn't as solid, but definitely not thawed either. Of course, I wouldn't have this trouble if I would actually stick to the menus I plan and get the ingredients that need to thaw into the refrigerator the night before.

You can speed up the thawing on cookware by placing the pan on a cooling rack over a bowl of really hot water. The hot water increases the heat that is available to be transferred, thawing the meat faster.

katie0128 said:
I tried that last night with a pound of hamburger and it didn't thaw out in 30 minutes. It wasn't as solid, but definitely not thawed either. Of course, I wouldn't have this trouble if I would actually stick to the menus I plan and get the ingredients that need to thaw into the refrigerator the night before.
I tried the skillet thaw thing once and it didn't seem to work very well either. After watching Good Eats one to many times, DH and I discovered that by placing your food under warm or hot running water thaws your food really fast and less dangerous that putting it on the counter to thaw. I usually just fill the sink with hot water and let it soak. You do have to watch what your food is in though, you don't want it to get water logged. We usually vacuum seal our freezer food so we don't have to worry about water getting in.

1. Can I cook frozen chicken in the Deep Covered Baker?

Yes, you can cook frozen chicken in the Deep Covered Baker. The unique design of the baker allows for even heat distribution and helps to lock in moisture, resulting in perfectly cooked frozen chicken.

2. How long does it take to cook frozen chicken in the Deep Covered Baker?

The cooking time for frozen chicken in the Deep Covered Baker will vary depending on the size and thickness of the chicken. However, on average, it takes about 30-40 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

3. Do I need to thaw the frozen chicken before cooking it in the Deep Covered Baker?

No, you do not need to thaw the frozen chicken before cooking it in the Deep Covered Baker. The baker is designed to cook frozen meats, such as chicken, without the need for thawing.

4. Can I add other ingredients to the Deep Covered Baker with the frozen chicken?

Yes, you can add other ingredients such as vegetables or seasonings to the Deep Covered Baker with the frozen chicken. Just be mindful of the cooking time and adjust accordingly.

5. Is it safe to cook frozen chicken in the Deep Covered Baker?

Yes, it is safe to cook frozen chicken in the Deep Covered Baker. The baker is made of high-quality materials and is designed to be safe for use in the oven. Just be sure to follow the recommended cooking instructions for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • stephanieboyd
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jori-sc
Replies