• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Chicken Breasts in the DCB for Sandwiches: Pros and Cons

In summary, the chicken in the DCB in the microwave can be done in either a 30 minute or a 3 large chicken in 7-10 minutes. Either way, it can be carved and served.
ChefMoore
I have a show next Saturday and the hostess would like me to do the chicken in the DCB in the microwave. She wants to do the sandwich version of this show. I was wondering if I could get some opinions: do you think it would be better to do the whole chicken in 30 minutes and then carve it for the sandwhiches, or to do a few chicken breasts in the DCB for less time and cut them up for sandwiches instead.

If I do the chicken breasts, how long to they take in the DCB in the microwave?

The reason I am considering doing the breasts instead is because I would like to do a microwave cake in the heart dish to show it off as well. What do you think?

I usually do 3 large chicken breasts in the DCB in micro in about 7-10 minutes.

When I do the 30 minute chicken I put it in the microwave as soon as the first guest arrives, I ask her to be my witness that it is uncooked and we put it in for 30 minutes!! (as well as the host of course) - then as the guests arrive they smell it and it has to sit for a few minutes anyway - I have my host take it out of the microwave - you can be doing your demo at that point - when ready - pull out on of our knives and carve away - then you can do the heart cake as dessert!

i agree with doreen - do the whole chicken. it's very impressive. i did it at a show and the guests were amazed when i carved it and served it out

i cover mine with a paper towel---No clean up-----

i cover mine with a paper towel---No clean up-----

Related to Cooking Chicken Breasts in the DCB for Sandwiches: Pros and Cons

1. Can I use frozen chicken breasts in the DCB for sandwiches?

Yes, you can use frozen chicken breasts in the DCB for sandwiches. However, it is recommended to thaw the chicken breasts first for even cooking and better flavor.

2. How long does it take to cook chicken breasts in the DCB for sandwiches?

Cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts, but on average it takes about 25-30 minutes to cook chicken breasts in the DCB for sandwiches.

3. Do I need to add any liquid when cooking chicken breasts in the DCB for sandwiches?

No, you do not need to add any liquid when cooking chicken breasts in the DCB for sandwiches. The DCB is designed to trap moisture and create a steamy environment, so the chicken will cook in its own juices.

4. Can I season the chicken breasts before cooking them in the DCB for sandwiches?

Yes, you can season the chicken breasts before cooking them in the DCB for sandwiches. In fact, seasoning the chicken will enhance the flavor of your sandwiches. You can use your favorite seasonings or marinades.

5. Are there any downsides to cooking chicken breasts in the DCB for sandwiches?

One potential downside is that the chicken breasts may come out a bit soggy if they are not cooked properly. Make sure to follow the recommended cooking time and check the internal temperature of the chicken to ensure it is fully cooked. Also, the DCB may take up more space in your oven compared to traditional baking pans.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tjb11675
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
bridedream
  • stephanieboyd
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jori-sc
  • babywings76