• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Banana Recipes for Leftover Bananas

In summary, the conversation was about sharing recipes for using ripened bananas. A few different recipes were suggested, including banana nut bread, chocolate banana bread, and extreme banana nut bread. One person also shared their favorite recipe for topping banana bread with pecans. The conversation ended with a humorous mention of using very ripe bananas in the recipe.
jrstephens
How do you make it? My husband has been wanting me to by more fruit for him to eat but we always have left over ripened bananas. Can y'all share your easy and simple recipe for it?

Thanks!

My grandmother's recipe is awesome...but of course it is at home! As for now.....you can freeze those bananas until you get a recipe!:p

I use Betty Crocker's recipe....I can post it later if you don't have a BC cookbook. Pretty fail-proof & of course I bake in the mini loaf pan:thumbup:

Here's my recipe:

Banana Nut Bread
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp milk
1/2 cup nuts (I use walnuts)
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp baking soda
1tbsp vinegar

Pre-heat oven to 350. Cream the butter, sugar, and eggs together. Add mashed bananas. Stir in flour and nuts. In a separate bowl (Prep bowl), mix baking soda, vinegar & milk in that order. Add to the banana mixture. Pour into a bread pan and bake for 1 hour.

For mini- loaves and bread muffins test the bread at 40 minutes.

This one is my MOST REQUESTED bread recipe. You could add nuts...hope your hubby likes chocolate!

Chocolate Banana Bread
Submitted by: Tracie P.
Rated: 5 out of 5 by 451 members Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour Ready In: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
Yields: 24 servings

"This banana bread features cocoa, chocolate chips, sour cream and a bit of vanilla extract."
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup margarine, softened
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
6 bananas, mashed
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
powder
1 cup lite sour cream
1 cup semisweet chocolate
chips

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar and eggs. Stir in bananas and vanilla. Sift in flour, baking soda and cocoa; mix well. Blend in sour cream and chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pans.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean.

The Best Ever!!!It's funny how we all say that right! LOL But seriosly I love this recipe, just look at the name!

EXTREME BANANA NUT BREAD

INGREDIENTS
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup butter or margarine
2 cups white sugar
2 cups mashed overripe bananas
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup chopped walnuts

DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
Sift the flour, salt and baking soda into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the butter or margarine and sugar until smooth. Stir in the bananas, eggs, and walnuts until well blended. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture, and stir just until blended. Divide the batter evenly between the two loaf pans.
Bake for 60 to 70 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted into the crown of the loaf comes out clean. Let the loaves cool in the pans for at least 5 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack, and cool completely. Wrap in aluminum foil to keep in the moisture. Ideally, refrigerate the loaves for 2 hours or more before serving.

Debbie :D

jrstephens said:
How do you make it? My husband has been wanting me to by more fruit for him to eat but we always have left over ripened bananas. Can y'all share your easy and simple recipe for it?

Thanks!
Here's my favorite

Indescribably Delicious Banana Bread
Topping, put on after baking:
6 tablespoons butter
10 tablespoons dark brown sugar
5 tablespoons milk
1 cup or more, chopped pecans

Batter:
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
4 very ripe bananas, mashed *
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 tablespoons buttermilk
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350°

Cream butter and sugar. Mash bananas, beat 2 eggs and add to the bananas with vanilla and buttermilk; mix well and add to creamed butter and sugar.
Sift together flour, soda and salt. Add to banana mixture, beat well.
Pour into 2 greased and floured 9x5x3-inch loaf pans.

Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until bread pulls away from sides of pan. Cool.
To prepare Topping: Melt butter in saucepan. Add sugar and milk. Cook until very syrupy. Remove from heat and add chopped pecans. Pour over bread spreading to all the corners and place under broiler until bubbly and brown. Watch VERY VERY closely. This can burn in seconds. Done just right it is heavenly.

Yield 2 loaves
*I use the rottenest bananas I can find! Sometimes they are so black, my husband throws em out. That's just how ripe they are!

I use the Allrecipes recipe that Kelly posted. Allrecipes is my FAVORITE site for recipes!:love: although, actually, the Banana Banana Bread recipe is in the Allrecipes Cookbook that I own......which is also one of my favorite cookbooks!

Now, how do I choose which one to actually bake?:D

Whichever one you have all of the ingredients for :D

If you have enough bananas, make more than one!

And for those of you that know Veggie Tales, this conversation reminded me of "The Englishman Who Went Up the Hill and Came Down With All the Bananas" in King George and the Ducky. Hey... what can I say... my kids are little and they LOVE, LOVE, LOVE their veggies (well, as long as the veggies sing and dance. The ones that are served at the table they won't touch!)

ChefBeckyD said:
I use the Allrecipes recipe that Kelly posted. Allrecipes is my FAVORITE site for recipes!:love: although, actually, the Banana Banana Bread recipe is in the Allrecipes Cookbook that I own......which is also one of my favorite cookbooks!

A similar site that I *love* is http://www.recipezaar.com I also like Epicurious.com: Recipes, Menus, Cooking Articles & Food Guides site too.

:)

1. How can I use ripe bananas for easy recipes?

One of the best ways to use ripe bananas is to make banana bread or muffins. You can also use them in smoothies, pancakes, or as a topping for oatmeal or yogurt.

2. What are some easy banana recipes for breakfast?

You can make banana pancakes, oatmeal banana breakfast cookies, or a breakfast smoothie bowl with bananas as the main ingredient. Another option is to slice bananas on top of toast with peanut butter or almond butter.

3. Can I use frozen bananas in easy recipes?

Yes, you can use frozen bananas in many of the same recipes as fresh bananas. In fact, frozen bananas work well in smoothies, as they add a creamy texture and natural sweetness without the need for added sugar.

4. Are there any savory recipes for leftover bananas?

While bananas are typically used in sweet recipes, they can also be used in savory dishes such as banana curry or grilled banana sandwiches. You can also add sliced bananas to a stir-fry or use them as a topping for a savory grain bowl.

5. Can I substitute bananas for eggs in recipes?

Yes, mashed ripe bananas can be used as an egg substitute in many baking recipes. Use 1/4 cup of mashed banana for every egg called for in the recipe. This works best in recipes that do not require more than two eggs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • beepampered
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies