• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

E-Invites Going to Junk Mail! -Eeeeeeeeeek!

In summary, a lot of e-invitations sent through the site had problems. A lot of the hosts' guests never received the invitations.
pregochef
I'm so frustrated. I just found out that the show I'm doing tonight had a problem with the invitations through the site. Apparently a lot of servers are considering them "junk" or "bulk" mail. Half of my hostess's guests never received the invite!!!!!!!!!!

By the time we noticed, it was too last minute. This hostess has a reputation of having 15-30 guests at her shows. We currently have 5!!!!!!!!

Gee that stinks.

Sorry just needed to vent.

THAT is my biggest frustration with the e-invitations.

I have even backed off from telling my hosts to use them - because what good is an invitation if only 1/3 - 1/2 of those invited actually receive it?:grumpy:

Sorry to hear that happened. That is another reason to have the host also make follow up calls/reminder calls like doctors offices do.

I for one always check my "junk" mail folder to see if something got put in that shouldn't have.

Maybe you ought to mention to your future hosts that they will be getting an e-vite and to watch their mail.

By the way, was it from e-vites or from your PWS that these were sent?

I tell my hosts to send e-vites now and the postcards 2 weeks before the party as a reminder and then phone calls 2 days before the show. That way they are reaching people who don't check their email, emails that go to junk mail, husbands who hid the invitations, lost post cards etc. It just covers all the bases. I would never let a host only send e-vites.

When I have hosts who like to use them, I tell them to just add themself as a guest, and send that one invitation. Then forward it like a regular note from their email program. You lose the RSVP features, but it's more likely to get to everyone, and the link for shopping as part of the show will still work.

Instead of having your Host go to your PWS to send invitations, send one to your host and ask them to forward it (cut and paste) to their friends. When I do this I type in "Friends & Family" in the spots for First Name and Last Name. So the forwarded invitation reads something like "Dear Friends & Family". . . . Most importantly, it shows the invitation as coming from the Host.

I think of the email invitations as an extra. I still want to send snail mail invites and make reminder calls. I can't tell you how many times I've heard people say "I don't read my emails very often". Doesn't help get guests to my show. Like postcards, these invitations are less than reliable so that’s not adequate for my business.

Last edited:
chefjeanine said:
Instead of having your Host go to your PWS to send invitations, send one to your host and ask them to forward it (cut and paste) to their friends. When I do this I type in "Friends & Family" in the spots for First Name and Last Name. So the forwarded invitation reads something like "Dear Friends & Family". . . . Most importantly, it shows the invitation as coming from the Host.

I think of the email invitations as an extra. I still want to send snail mail invites and make reminder calls. I can't tell you how many times I've heard people say "I don't remind my emails very often". Doesn't help get guests to my show. Like postcards, these invitations are less than reliable so that’s not adequate for my business.

Thanks for that tip, i'm going to try that next time!! My last catalog show she invited over 58 people and only 7 ordered or even got the e-vite, and it's so frustrating!! I started mailing invites for my hosts because of this, but i'll also tell them to fwd e-vites as well.

My show on Saturday is the first one where I've used the PWS evites.
Over half the people got them and viewed them, but very few have replied.

I like the idea of sending the one invite to the host, and asking the host to forward it.

Then add the rest of the guest list for the follow-up email?

I usually log in as the host and send. That way it is coming from an address that usually they have on their contacts list and not from me - someone who they never heard of.

I do this all the time and don't have any problems!

m

1. Why are my e-invites going to junk mail?

There are a few reasons why your e-invites may be ending up in junk mail. One common reason is that the email service provider or spam filter is flagging your e-invites as potential spam. This could be due to certain words or phrases in the subject line or content of the email. Another reason could be that the email address you are sending the e-invites from is not recognized as a trusted sender.

2. How can I prevent my e-invites from going to junk mail?

To avoid your e-invites from going to junk mail, make sure to include a clear and concise subject line that accurately reflects the content of the email. Avoid using spam trigger words such as "free" or "urgent." Additionally, try sending the e-invites from a recognized and trusted email address, or consider using a professional email marketing service.

3. Can I customize the content of my e-invites to avoid them from being marked as spam?

Yes, you can customize the content of your e-invites to avoid them from being marked as spam. Try to use personalized and relevant information in the email, such as the recipient's name and event details. Also, avoid using excessive images or links in the email, as this can trigger spam filters.

4. How can I check if my e-invites are being marked as spam?

You can check if your e-invites are being marked as spam by sending a test email to yourself or a few friends. If the email ends up in the spam folder, it is likely that the e-invites are also going to junk mail for others. You can also use email testing tools or consult with your email service provider for more insights.

5. What should I do if my e-invites are consistently going to junk mail?

If your e-invites are consistently going to junk mail, it's important to take action to prevent this from happening. Consider reaching out to your email service provider for assistance, or try using a professional email marketing service. You can also ask recipients to add your email address to their contact list to ensure future emails are delivered to their inbox.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Bobby
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefBrittiny
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • byrd1956