• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dressing Nice for a Show: What to Wear?

My feet and my back would be killing me if I wore heels......I rarely wear them when I am going to have to be on my feet for any length of time.:D But I'm 5'7" and DH is 5'8"....so no reason for me to wear heels......I do like cute shoes though - so does JAE....we've been shoe shopping...
jrb0328
Obviously, when doing a show - you would want to dress nice. but what would you consider dressing nice for a show?

i wear nice jeans and a casual dressy top! i don't want to look to business like because i want people to be comfortable and not think they are at a board meeting or anything like that! plus i always wear flats, it is more comfortable!

Khaki or black pants and a nice shirt. I try to wear pink shirts. Pink puts me in a great mood. I have noticed when I wear other colors I do not have as much of a spark during my demo.

I wear casual dress pants most of the time with a light sweater or blouse type shirt. I've worn nice jeans, occasionally. I've dressed up with dressier slacks, too, closer to Christmas, when it was darker earlier and homes were a little more decked out for Christmas. KWIM?

I dress up during holiday time, black pants and a nice shirt, alot of times I wear jeans and a nice shirt, if I know the host and the guests and I know it's informal, I'll wear one of my PC sweatshirts or something too..

Jeans or slacks (if show is shortly after day job), and a nice top. It is important not to look to 'dressy'. You want everyone to feel comfortable around you, and you want to show everyone that PC is something they can do.

I usually wear nice jeans, but I dress them up with decent shoes instead of sneakers. And I wear a sweater, nice blouse, or a nice PC t-shirt (in summer). I try to look nice, but not over-dressed, so that I'm approachable. I wear my apron at shows, so that covers a lot of my clothing, anyway.

WOW - I'm surprised how many of you wear jeans.....I'm always thinking I'd like to wear jeans, and sometimes even plan to wear them, but then, something in me just won't let me wear them....maybe I just need to take the plunge, and wear them one time......

During the winter, I usually wear black dress pants and a nice PC shirt or sweater or I have a really cute pair of gray dress slacks with pink pinstripes, and they look really cute with my pink PC sweater :D. During warmer months, I wear capris or a casual summer skirt.

I wear nice black pants and a blouse most of the time - unless I know the crowd and its going to be casual - I wear nice jeans and a nice blouse - always nice shoes - except in the summer where its really nice flip flops and toes that are polished in a cute french manicure - capris and a nice top -

I usually wear nice pants in the winte or capris in the summer and a nice shirt.

PamperedDor said:
I wear nice black pants and a blouse most of the time - unless I know the crowd and its going to be casual - I wear nice jeans and a nice blouse - always nice shoes - except in the summer where its really nice flip flops and toes that are polished in a cute french manicure - capris and a nice top -
Me too, except I wear my "party shoes" opened toed slip ons that are sparkly and platformish All the time. Or I have a pair of really tall looking Mary Janes. (All my shoes are platforms) as I am a shorty and my DH is 6"4 so I need all the heighth I can get! LOL

heat123 said:
Me too, except I wear my "party shoes" opened toed slip ons that are sparkly and platformish All the time. Or I have a pair of really tall looking Mary Janes. (All my shoes are platforms) as I am a shorty and my DH is 6"4 so I need all the heighth I can get! LOL

LOL - I am a talley - 5'10! Hubby 6'3 so I only wear flats - cute ones but they are always flat!! Ya gotta love a cute shoe!!! ;)

heat123 said:

My feet and my back would be killing me if I wore heels......I rarely wear them when I am going to have to be on my feet for any length of time.:D But I'm 5'7" and DH is 5'8"....so no reason for me to wear heels......I do like cute shoes though - so does JAE....we've been shoe shopping together!:thumbup:

heat123 said:
Heather-you might be a shorty, but you're a cutie! Will you be in Wave 1 this summer?

ChefBeckyD said:
My feet and my back would be killing me if I wore heels......I rarely wear them when I am going to have to be on my feet for any length of time.:D But I'm 5'7" and DH is 5'8"....so no reason for me to wear heels......I do like cute shoes though - so does JAE....we've been shoe shopping together!:thumbup:
I like cute shoes, but I really don't wear them very often. I like comfort, and try to get a little heel because I hang out with volleyball players.

JAE said:
I like cute shoes, but I really don't wear them very often. I like comfort, and try to get a little heel because I hang out with volleyball players.

Hey - ya gotta love a VB player - Oh ya - I was varsity in high school from sophmore year - working on getting a vb player in my family - so far only my middle guy picked it up this year but will have to give it up next year because in HS its the same season as soccer - working on #4 though!!;)

I always wear black slacks and a nice shirt. I will wear capris in the summer if it is really hot.

i am surprised at how many people wear jeans! i was trying to think of what i should wear for my first shows. want to make a good impression ya know. but i dont want guests to think that they are under dressed or something

I, too, wear nice jeans & my black sparkly PC shirt. I've got a pair of black shoes that I wear with it. In the summer, I wear some khaki capris with a pink PC shirt.

What to wear?I always wear black pants and a nice blouse or sweater. My director said we should look business like . I love jeans, but don't really consider them business attire. I do wear my apron during the show, so much of my clothing is covered.:p

For the jeans... two reasons why I wear them:

1) My butt is too big to fit into my khaki pants and
2) I want to make it look like anyone could join me & do what I do. I'm a SAHM so I don't have a lot of business casual clothes & didn't want to have to buy them either.

I truly think it depends on where you live... some places are more casual and then some are more business like - I love the idea that it OUR business - run it like you would like to - It can work either way - casual is appealing in that its a very personal - low key - no pressure job - and business like can work the same way - for those who want to get out to dress up, feel professional, and just good about them selves (ok - not that those who dress any other way feel less - Please don't jump down my throat - )

I think - we should all dress in whatever way makes US feel comfortable and Proud of our business - that will just impress everyone who meets us no matter what your dress!! So ....... Go out and Have a great show - and HAVE FUN!!

ChefBeckyD said:
WOW - I'm surprised how many of you wear jeans.....I'm always thinking I'd like to wear jeans, and sometimes even plan to wear them, but then, something in me just won't let me wear them....maybe I just need to take the plunge, and wear them one time......

During the winter, I usually wear black dress pants and a nice PC shirt or sweater or I have a really cute pair of gray dress slacks with pink pinstripes, and they look really cute with my pink PC sweater :D. During warmer months, I wear capris or a casual summer skirt.

I'm with you, Becky. I just can't bring myself to wear jeans no matter how badly I want to. I generally wear either khaki chinos, black slacks, or tan linen capris or pink fun slacks...topped with a crisp white blouse, a PC shirt, a cardigan/twinset or a light sweater depending on the weather. I have my basic 4 outfits I wear to shows that I can kinda mix & match...casual and comfy but neat.

Becky, we should find a night that we both have shows and then take the plunge together and wear jeans!!! Hubby just got me the cutest pair for my birthday - I'll try to dig up a pic of them...but they're not really appropriate for shows either way.

PamperedDor said:
I truly think it depends on where you live... some places are more casual and then some are more business like - I love the idea that it OUR business - run it like you would like to - It can work either way - casual is appealing in that its a very personal - low key - no pressure job - and business like can work the same way - for those who want to get out to dress up, feel professional, and just good about them selves (ok - not that those who dress any other way feel less - Please don't jump down my throat - )

I think - we should all dress in whatever way makes US feel comfortable and Proud of our business - that will just impress everyone who meets us no matter what your dress!! So ....... Go out and Have a great show - and HAVE FUN!!

I totally agree - I think WHERE you live has a big impact on how you dress. "Business casual" means so many different things to so many different people. When I lived up in NJ, everyone wore pantyhose to work, year round -- here in So. Fla...you can go into the banks, the courthouse, the finest business establishment and you will hardly ever see pantyhose on anyone's legs...it's WAY more casual here.

I have two pair of Dockers in black and brown that I usually wear. I top them with a solid color knit short sleeved shirt. I always wear closed toe shoes. Even in summertime I wore Crocs maryjanes. But in summer I usually wear Capris instead of pants.Lately I have been wearing jeans more cuz I just bought a new pair of Levis that fit and look nice. We'll see if that continues...

My major problem is that I have to wear sneakers because I have plantar fiscitis. Dress slacks don't exactly go with that.

I usually wear dress slacks (capris in summer) & nice top. Always have on earrings & sometimes matching necklace. I have on occassion worn jeans & nice top but not very often. I had the class with Belinda Ellsworth at conference & she talked about dress. Her rule is to always dress one notch above everyone at the show.

I've only worn jeans a couple times...usually it's slacks or a skirt. I think anything that looks polished is okay (and jeans can...but not on me, no matter how hard I try:cry:. If they did, I would consider them.)

Truthfully, I probably dress more business like than not. It's my comfort zone. It doesn't seem to have discouraged people from considering the business. I'd say simply present yourself in a way that is genuine and comfortable for you.

ChefBeckyD said:
Well there's a difference for me on wearing Platforms (thick-chunky tall shoes all the way across the bottom) as opposed to "heels" like stalletos (sp?). I cannot wear shoes with "heels", no way no How! LOL

JAE said:
Heather-you might be a shorty, but you're a cutie! Will you be in Wave 1 this summer?
Awwhh, thanks:blushing: your too sweet ! No, unfortunately I cannot make it to confrence this year due to a family wedding and renuion that weekend!:cry: But I would have been in wave 3 this year!:(

ChefLisa said:
Khaki or black pants and a nice shirt. I try to wear pink shirts. Pink puts me in a great mood. I have noticed when I wear other colors I do not have as much of a spark during my demo.

Usually drinking a coke on the way to my shows gives my show "a spark" :D It happened a few shows in a row and when I noticed everyone laughing ALOT...I told them I guess I need to limit my sugar :) (I even had one girl book a show and told me not to skip the coke!)

I have ALWAYS worn dress pants and a nice shirt. I recently got into a young newlywed crowd and started wearing nice jeans instead. I am SO much more comfortable and they don't care. Now that is my standard outfit unless I am doing a bridal shower or know that it will be an older crowd.

krzymomof4 said:
My major problem is that I have to wear sneakers because I have plantar fiscitis. Dress slacks don't exactly go with that.

I have that also. It is very painful. I bought two pairs of Merrell shoes and they are incredibly comfortable. My foot pain has diminished greatly!

Depends on my crowd and the day of the week. My Sunday afternoon shows I try to dress nicer b/c most of the guests are still in their church clothes. Other days I wear nice jeans (dark wash) and a PC shirt. I also wear Kahaki's or capri's in the summer. I have also worn a summer skirt a few times. I almost always try to wear a PC shirt. I don't wear sneakers, but in the summer I sometimes wear cute Keds with my capri's. Usually it's a nicer shoe though.

I too am suprised at how many wear jeans. I don't dress up but look very professional. Business casual. But I do wear a nice pair of sneakers. Why? Because I'm on my feet for at least 3-4 hours and I am not used to standing on my feet. The pants I wear usually cover them up and most of the time I take my shoes off at a host's house so I don't have to worry about what I'm wearing anyway.

I have two pairs of slacks I alternate at the moment...one khaki and one navy. I usually wear a white polo shirt or a striped button-down top, just because I find my apron strap irritates my neck if I don't have a collar to rest it behind. Sneakers are a must for me unless the weather complies, and then I wear nice closed-toe sandals (believe me, no one needs to see my toes and feet!). I'd love to start wearing jeans, but that would have to be something I talk to my host about ahead of time...maybe if I clear it with the host ahead of time (just telling her it would be a way to make it fun...tell everyone to wear jeans!), I could do it without worrying...but most of the time I've always felt good in what I've worn because more than half the crowd comes a little on the "dressy casual" side, and I wouldn't want to risk dressing too much more casual than them. Paranoia strikes deep...

krzymomof4 said:

I have plantar fiscitis too! I found a comfortable pair of shoes and wear arch inserts I got from the Dr. I want to order a pair of black Birkenstocks sometime (closed toe of course)- they are my favorite! I always wear black slacks.

I start wearing my chef coat from work and then half way through I take it off (have a nice top underneath) and put on my apron-- a dramatic way of saying... I won't have to work at a job forever if I just put on the most valuable product this business has... the apron. This could work for a lot of other careers if you just put on the apron ( I heard that on an old PC tape and loved the idea!)

I dress up. I'm a sahm and this is the only chance besides church and bunco where I get to get out of the house and get to wear my cute clothes:) At home I tend to stay in the comfy wear. It just goes better with mac and cheese stains. LOL

I used to always dress in slacks or khakis and a dress top, but then my day job changed the dress code and now we can wear jeans everyday to work, so I usually wear jeans and a nice top to shows. I have found that people do feel more comfortable when you are relaxed and having fun. I know a girl that used to sell PC and she would wear skirts and such to her shows, I was thinking NO WAY for me!!

I wear slacks that feel like jammie pants and a nice shirt. I also wear my fuzzy on the inside, suede on the outside clogs (I have them in three different colors) cuz they are soooo comfy. I look business casual but feel like I'm wearing jammies. LOL... I like being comfy, it helps me feel relaxed. The only time I wear denim is I have a long blue denim and a long khaki denim skirt I've worn to shows... in winter, I pair the skirts up with funky socks... not sure what I'll wear when the weather turns warmer.

Maternity clothes :) . I usually where casual pants and a nice shirt. And cool socks. It is quite snowy here so I wear boots to their house and take them off at the door. Everyone I know always takes shoes off at the door - summer or winter.

I love cool shoes - but my DH thinks I have too many. I have like 5 pairs - which I think we can all agree is NOT enough.

ZK

Related to Dressing Nice for a Show: What to Wear?

1. What is the dress code for a Pampered Chef show?

While there is no official dress code for Pampered Chef shows, we recommend dressing in business casual attire. This could include a nice top or blouse paired with dress pants or a skirt.

2. Can I wear jeans to a Pampered Chef show?

While we encourage dressing nicely, we understand that jeans can be a comfortable and practical choice. If you choose to wear jeans, make sure they are clean and in good condition.

3. Are there any colors or patterns I should avoid wearing?

It's best to avoid loud or distracting patterns and bright, neon colors. Stick to neutral colors or subtle patterns that won't take away from the products being showcased.

4. Can I wear open-toed shoes to a Pampered Chef show?

It is acceptable to wear open-toed shoes, but we recommend avoiding anything too casual, such as flip-flops or sandals. Opt for dressier open-toed shoes, such as wedges or peep-toe heels.

5. Is it appropriate to wear jewelry to a Pampered Chef show?

Jewelry can be a great way to add some personality to your outfit, but it's important not to overdo it. Stick to simple, classic pieces that won't be distracting or make noise during the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Shawnna
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • suzipooh
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
suzipooh