• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Double Chocolate Profiteroles: Perfect Super Bowl Treat!

In summary, to make the perfect chocolate sauce for profiteroles, you will need heavy cream, semisweet chocolate, and unsalted butter. You can make the profiteroles ahead of time and use different types of chocolate for the filling. To prevent them from collapsing, avoid opening the oven door and poke a hole in the bottom after baking. The profiteroles can also be frozen for up to 1 month before filling and serving.
ChefPaulaB
Does anyone have a picture of these or know which cook book might have a picture? Or the Double Chocolate Profiteroles, either one... am just trying to picture how they'll look making them in the MMP... I am looking for a finger-type dessert for my Super Bowl Party... just something small and sweet and of course, something Pampered! Are these good? Or are they more like a breakfast/brunch sort of thing?

The recipe and pics ar ein the SB Spring/Summer 2006 page 24 & 25
They are great and easy to make!!! I would even fill them by adding one our Sweet Sprinkle in the filling!

They are good anytime! Yummm! They are perfect as a brunch item or a dessert....

I've been thinking about these lately too....mmm mmm good!

Yumm. They always look like a lot of work went into them. Little that people know, they're easy! I wanted to make something for our staff meeting Tuesday. I think I'll make these.

1. How do I make the perfect chocolate sauce for the profiteroles?

To make the perfect chocolate sauce for your double chocolate profiteroles, you will need 1 cup of heavy cream, 8 ounces of semisweet chocolate, and 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter. Heat the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until it simmers. Remove from heat and add in the chocolate and butter, stirring until completely melted and smooth. Let it cool slightly before drizzling over the profiteroles.

2. Can I make the profiteroles ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the profiteroles ahead of time. Once they have cooled, store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. When ready to serve, reheat them in the oven at 350°F for 5-10 minutes until they are warmed through and crisp on the outside.

3. Can I use a different type of chocolate for the filling?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate for the filling, such as dark or milk chocolate. You can also mix in other flavors like hazelnut or raspberry for a twist on the classic double chocolate profiteroles.

4. How do I prevent the profiteroles from collapsing?

To prevent the profiteroles from collapsing, make sure to not open the oven door while they are baking. This sudden change in temperature can cause them to deflate. Also, make sure to poke a small hole in the bottom of each profiterole after they are baked to release any steam and prevent them from getting soggy.

5. Can I freeze the profiteroles?

Yes, you can freeze the profiteroles before filling them with the chocolate cream. Once they have cooled, place them in an airtight container and freeze for up to 1 month. When ready to serve, thaw them at room temperature and then fill with the chocolate cream and serve immediately.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • AnnieBee
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Sallie_M
  • akrebecca
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies