• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Giant Rocky Road Cookies- Substitution Question?

In summary, you can substitute ingredients in the Giant Rocky Road Cookies recipe based on your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. Some common substitutions include using different types of flour, butter, sugar, chocolate chips, and nuts. You can also use marshmallows instead of marshmallow cream, make the cookies without eggs by using a flax egg or applesauce, and use cocoa powder instead of melted chocolate. Additionally, you can freeze the dough for later use by rolling it into balls and placing them in the freezer.
esavvymom
Staff member
I am looking at these sinful cookies in the "Simply Sweet" dessert cookbook, and I'm wondering if I can leave out the Walnuts and somehow use graham crackers- to make them more of a Giant S'More Cookie.??

Reason: My DH is den leader for a bunch of Cub Scouts. we have at least 3 boys in our den who are allergic to tree nuts/peanuts. Monday is Valentine's Day, and I wanted to do something for snack, and these looked perfect. I have chocolate that is "nut-safe" brand, so the only item I have to contend with is the walnuts.

Just wasn't sure if I put the crackers (broken up some) on top, if they'd burn in the 15 min it takes to cook, or if you had other ideas? Otherwise, I'll just leave the walnuts off and do the cookie as is. I would bet it would still be delicious.

Ideas?

I'm thinking it would be fine to use graham crackers. I'd toss them with just a little bit of butter after you broke them up, and then add them to the cookies.

That sounds like a really good variation to me!

Good idea about the butter. I'll give it a shot. My youngest is under the weather today, so we're house-bound (and that's a good thing in my book this week!). I may try them. I can always try a few cookies that way and see how they bake up. If not, then I do it without them. I'll let you know how it turns out.

That sounds like a great idea. Let us know how they turn out. I love anything smores.

The S'More Cups in the same book are outstanding.

What ingredients can I substitute in the Giant Rocky Road Cookies recipe?

You can substitute ingredients in the Giant Rocky Road Cookies recipe based on your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. Here are some common substitutions:

• Flour: You can use all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, or a gluten-free flour blend.
  • Butter: You can use margarine, coconut oil, or vegetable oil for a dairy-free option.
  • Sugar: You can use white granulated sugar, brown sugar, coconut sugar, or a sugar substitute like stevia or monk fruit.
  • Chocolate chips: You can use any type of chocolate chips, such as milk, dark, or white chocolate.
  • Nuts: You can use any type of nuts, such as almonds, walnuts, or pecans.

Can I use marshmallows instead of marshmallow cream in the Giant Rocky Road Cookies recipe?

Yes, you can use marshmallows instead of marshmallow cream in the Giant Rocky Road Cookies recipe. Simply chop the marshmallows into small pieces and mix them into the cookie dough.

Can I make the Giant Rocky Road Cookies without eggs?

Yes, you can make the Giant Rocky Road Cookies without eggs by using a flax egg or applesauce as a substitute. To make a flax egg, mix 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons of water and let it sit for 5-10 minutes until it becomes gel-like. Use this as a replacement for one egg in the recipe. Applesauce can also be used as a substitute for eggs in a 1:1 ratio.

Can I use cocoa powder instead of melted chocolate in the Giant Rocky Road Cookies recipe?

Yes, you can use cocoa powder instead of melted chocolate in the Giant Rocky Road Cookies recipe. Use 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder for every 1 ounce of melted chocolate called for in the recipe. You may also need to adjust the amount of sugar to balance the flavor.

Can I freeze the Giant Rocky Road Cookies dough?

Yes, you can freeze the Giant Rocky Road Cookies dough for later use. Simply roll the dough into balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze the balls for about an hour, then transfer them to a freezer-safe bag or container. When ready to bake, let the dough balls thaw for 10-15 minutes before baking as directed in the recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• aried
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC