• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Giant Rocky Road Cookies-Failure

In summary, the conversation discusses common issues with making Giant Rocky Road Cookies and provides tips for achieving the best results. It is recommended to accurately measure ingredients, use room temperature ingredients, and properly space and chill the dough before baking. Substituting ingredients may affect the taste and texture of the cookies. The cookies can also be frozen before or after baking for longer storage. If stored in an airtight container, the cookies can stay fresh for up to 1 week at room temperature.
aried
Gold Member
Made the Giant Rocky Road Cookies from the Simply Sweet cookbook. The measurements are small and I didn't put in enoug flour. They were not good.:mad: Will be emailing PC about the small print. Even had to read with my biofocals. They need bigger numbers for us old people!

The southwest sala I made in the MFP this morning was really good and I have been enjoying the smells from the italian beef in the crockpot, should be eating that soon!

The thing I had a problem with was getting the marshmallows and nuts to stay on them. :rolleyes:

babywings76 said:
The thing I had a problem with was getting the marshmallows and nuts to stay on them. :rolleyes:

Me too.

They were good, but DEFINITELY something you need milk with! I can't say I'd be making them again. But then again, I'm not a huge "Overdose"-Chocolate fan, and these cookies are a lot of chocolate.

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that the measurements in the Simply Sweet cookbook were too small for you to read and resulted in your cookies not turning out as expected. I completely understand the frustration of having to read small print, especially when trying to follow a recipe. I recommend reaching out to our customer service team at Pampered Chef to share your feedback about the small print and the need for bigger numbers. They are always looking for ways to improve our products and resources for our customers. In the meantime, please don't hesitate to ask for assistance or clarification from our team or fellow consultants when using our recipes. We want your cooking and baking experiences to be successful and enjoyable. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and happy cooking!

1. Why did my Giant Rocky Road Cookies fail?

There could be several reasons why your cookies did not turn out as expected. It is possible that the measurements for the ingredients were not accurate, the oven temperature was too high or low, or the cookies were over or underbaked. It is also important to make sure that all the ingredients are at room temperature before mixing.

2. Can I substitute any ingredients in the recipe?

While some substitutions may work, we recommend following the recipe as closely as possible for the best results. Substituting ingredients may alter the flavor and texture of the cookies.

3. How do I prevent my cookies from spreading too much?

To prevent your cookies from spreading too much, make sure the dough is chilled before baking and space the cookies at least 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Also, avoid using warm baking sheets as this can cause the cookies to spread too quickly.

4. Can I freeze the Giant Rocky Road Cookies?

Yes, you can freeze the cookies before or after baking. To freeze before baking, shape the dough into balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze until firm, then transfer the dough balls to a freezer-safe bag. When ready to bake, let the dough thaw for about 10 minutes before placing them on a baking sheet and baking as directed in the recipe. To freeze after baking, let the cookies cool completely, then place them in a freezer-safe bag and freeze for up to 3 months.

5. How long do Giant Rocky Road Cookies stay fresh?

If stored in an airtight container, the cookies can stay fresh for up to 1 week at room temperature. You can also freeze the cookies for longer storage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • janetupnorth