• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Double Berry Galette: Delicious Recipe & Reviews

In summary, the double berry galette is a delicious and popular dessert that can be found in the Stoneware Inspirations cookbook. It is made with blueberries, raspberries, lemon, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and a refrigerated pie crust. The recipe is simple to follow and has received great reviews. The only downside is waiting for it to cool and using aluminum foil to catch any drippings in the oven. A link to a similar recipe is available for anyone who wants to try making it.
pregochef
ANyone ever make the double berry galette? Is it good? Can someone send me or post the recipe?

I made it a few times this summer, for shows and for the family. We loved it, and it was a real hit at the show. It's in the Stoneware Inspirations cookbook.

Ingredients:
1 lemon
3 cups blueberries, divided
1 cup raspberries, divided
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp Pantry Korintje Cinnamon
1 refrigerated pie crust (from 15-oz package), softened as directed on package.
Powdered sugar

1. Preheat oven to 375F. Zest lemon using Microplane Adjustable Grater to measure 1 Tbsp zest; set aside. Juice lemon using Juicer to measure 2 teaspoons juice. Combine lemon juice, 1 cup of the blueberries, 1/2 cup of the raspberries, granulated sugar, flour and cinnamon in Small Batter Bowl; toss gently to coat using Small Mix 'N Scraper.

2. Gently unroll pie crust onto center of Small Round Stone. Spoon berry mixture evenly over crust to within 1 1/2 inches of edge of crust. Fold outer edge of crust up over filling, overlapping every 2 inches to form an even border.

3. Bake 35-37 minutes or until filling is bubbly in center and crust is golden brown. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Sprinkle with remaining berries; cool 30 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Garnish with reserved lemon zest. Cut into wedges using Slice 'N Serve.

The only downfall to this recipe is waiting for it to cool. Also, in the cook's tips, they suggest placing a sheet of aluminum foil on the oven rack below the stone to catch drippings - DEFINITELY do this. I had quite the mess in my oven.

I have not personally made the double berry galette, but I have heard it is delicious! I found a recipe online that looks pretty simple and has great reviews. I'll post the link here for you: [insert recipe link]. Let me know how it turns out if you end up making it!

Related to Double Berry Galette: Delicious Recipe & Reviews

1. What are the ingredients for the Double Berry Galette?

The ingredients for the Double Berry Galette include all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, salt, unsalted butter, ice water, fresh strawberries, fresh blueberries, cornstarch, and lemon juice.

2. How long does it take to make the Double Berry Galette?

The preparation time for the Double Berry Galette is about 20 minutes, and the baking time is approximately 35-40 minutes.

3. Can I use frozen berries for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen berries for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw them and drain any excess liquid before using them in the galette.

4. Can I use a different type of fruit for this galette?

Yes, you can use any type of fruit for this galette. However, keep in mind that the baking time may vary depending on the type of fruit you use.

5. Can I make this galette ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the galette ahead of time. Once it has cooled completely, you can cover it and store it in the fridge for up to two days. Just reheat it in the oven before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies