• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Door Prize Slip Appears from Nowhere...

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
So last night, my husband and I are putting together folders for my upcoming show. I always have a bunch made up. So, we're removing the old paperwork and puttng in the new. I look in one folder and find a door prize slip that had been filled out by someone who attended a show who was "maybe" interested in becoming a consultant.:eek:A blessing from God, right? Here's the catch: she didn't make a purchase (that I can find on Pampered Partner) and she didn't fill out the date or host name. It must have been from Fall/Winter because that's the catalog that was in there. S, of course I want to call her, but what do I say when my usual intro is, "Hi I met you at so and so's show"?

Last edited:

afshea

Jan 6, 2006
Honesty is the best policy!

Call her and say "I was cleaning my desk/briefcase and found a slip with your name on it! I'm so sorry that I didn't contact you sooner!" then ask her what show she was at. Believe me, I have found slips...even ones that were dated...YEARS later...and I still called those people! I once called a lady and said "Hi, it's Angela with the Pampered Chef. I have a note her to call you in the Spring...of course that was the spring of 2002...ooops!" They either go for it or they don't, but if you don't make ANY call...they don't get to choose whether to go for it or not!

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
I like that idea. I'm going to call her tomorrow. It weird that I can't find her name on anything though. I guess she didn't buy anything.

jessica_momof6

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2006
I would just be honest with her too. show you are embarrased but still be excited about talking to her.
she will probably be just as excited that you finally called! :D

Yvonne

Mar 27, 2005
AJPratt said:
I like that idea. I'm going to call her tomorrow. It weird that I can't find her name on anything though. I guess she didn't buy anything.
I did a small F/R for a pre-school group and had two survey slips from girls who hadn't purchased anything. They were friends. One had a show last month, and the other booked from her show and is looking at the business opportunity when she has her show next month. I can't believe that sometimes I don't use the survey slips, and I would have just missed these two ladies totally!

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
Well, I always have the guests pass up the slip for a drawing, and I usually take a quick look for recruits and bookings. But this one was just left in the folder. So, I didn't get the chance to call her yesterday, but I will today. Thank for all of your great advice!!