1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Door prize drawing

1. kcmckay

kcmckay Advanced Member Gold Member

I have a live cooking show tonight. First one since November:eek: And like always because my cooking shows always seem to be so spread out I feel like I'm starting over every time. Which is frustrating because I've been doing this over a year:rolleyes: Basically I'm curious when everyone does there door prize drawings with slips. I don't think I ever do it at right time, I usually do it at end but I'm thinking I should do it before I check everyone out and maybe collect them as I'm checking them out so I can see what they wrote and use that in the checkout process?? What has worked for everyone else? I really want to try to get some bookings from this show. I only have a catalog show for April thus far and a cooking show in late June. I have a possible cooking show in April too but still haven't confirmed date with host yet. Please let me know what has worked/hasn't worked for you or any suggestions!! Thanks so much.

Mar 28, 2009
  2. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

I do them right after I'm done doing my demo, before they eat typically. Then I collect them and do the drawing while everyone is eating - and I draw for free shipping - so I need to know who wins before I figure up the orders. OH, and I honestly never look at who marked what on their slips because I ask EVERYONE if they'd like to book a catalog or cooking show. And then, I've been trying to make it a habit to call folks 1-2 days later and ask them if they had any questions about the PC opportunity that they didn't have a chance to ask at the show.

Mar 28, 2009
  3. Nanisu

Nanisu Veteran Member Gold Member

I do it at the end of my demo and jokingly tell them it's their meal ticket, so they have to answer all the questions before they get to eat. It always gets a laugh or two.

Mar 28, 2009
  4. sk8rgrrl99

sk8rgrrl99 Member

I collect them during the checkout and ask each person if they want to get my bi-monthly email newsletter when I collect them. Then if they say yes and they didn't write down their email address I can get it from them.

Mar 29, 2009
  5. Dina Atnip

Dina Atnip Advanced Member Gold Member

Collecting at check out is the best ideal also it gives you the chance to ask any question you can ask according to what they check.

Mar 29, 2009
  6. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

definitely at the end - it's like asking someone out on a date before they know you, otherwise!!

(Hey - you are asking them 'for a date' aren't you?)

Mar 29, 2009
Have something to add?