• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Donating to Golf Tournaments: Ideas?

In summary, people have donated different things ranging from a $20 gift certificate for a fundraiser to a pizza stone and mix and a dish towel. Some people have also donated a piece of cake, a batter bowl, a whisk, a scraper, and a slice and serve. All in all, it seems like donating a product can be a good way to get your name out there and to make a good impression on the organizers.
ChefFran
Hi- I was just asked to donate some PC products or a basket for a local golf tournament. I was wondering what people have done in the past since I will obviously be paying for it. Any ideas? Thanks.

This is a little different, but I donated a $20 gift certificate for a fundraiser recently with the humane society. It was to be sold at silent auction. I did not attend and haven't heard from anyone who won it. I just felt a gift certificate is something that anyone could use because there are products for everyone.

Jeanie

i just did a basket for a local FR silent auction.I ordered a small pizza stone & a roll & crust mix (cost about $20) then attached a $10 GC redeemable through me only.i threw in some spice packs from supply & a SB.I got a inexpensive red & white checkered dish towel and put it all in a basket (from the Dollar store) wrapped it up w/ cellophane and tied w/ a twix-it.
all together it problay cost me about $25.
i also included some biz cards,order form & a cattie.

I did a basket for a private school mini golf tournament. I put a batter bowl, 2 PC chocolate cake mixes, whisk, scraper, slice n' serve, cake tester, SB cookbook. I also put a catalog, flyer for the upcoming months and business card. They loved it. I also gave them a card that had all the items listed on it so that the person in charge would sign, so that I can use it for my taxes. Then I gave them another card - this one for them to put the winners information on it. I was hoping to get a possible show booked but the people never called me back. If you want I will post the cards that I gave the school. This was my first donation.

I always include a certificate for a free Cooking Show and outline the host benefits. Usually people won't redeem these, but it's worth a shot!!!

Thanks for your responses. I am new at PC, only 8 months and don't want to lay out money for a donated basket. I told the woman running the event that I can do fundraisers and hopefully she will want to do one in the future.:)

I donate to a lot of events--Usually something small and a $25 G.C. redeemable only thru me--sometimes up to $100 of items I've earned --it gets name out there--because usually there is a program printed up---95 % of the time the g.c. is not redeemed--but i got advertising and looked good in the eyes of the organizers---I am now limiting it to 1 maybe 2 times for the same group--if I don't get any thing or organizer hasn't ordered --no more--only time I will continue is if it is for a customers event

I put recipe cards and catalog and business cards and always a seasons best--they will keep that--stamped of course

Chef susan said:
95 % of the time the g.c. is not redeemed--but i got advertising and looked good in the eyes of the organizers---

I can't believe that this many of your g.c.'s aren't redeemed!!! Especially if it is a silent auction where people are one-upping each other to get the product! I was thinking about doing this, but I want to get a potential customer out of it!

Okay, I must me missing something. Why would you limit yourself in giving away gift certificates to a group if they aren't redeemed 95% of the time? If they aren't redeemed it cost you nothing. I haven't donated any products yet since I'm only in month 4, but when I started earning "extras" I will do that also.

Jeanie

I don't feel I'm limiting myself--but I donate to a lot of organizations--I am a member of the chamber so I get hit up alot--so my name gets out there---they like the products they get in the basket--but you really never hear who wins it unless there is a g.c. that they "might " redeem-so no way for me to contact a winner---I usually try to put an expiration date on them--I don't want to be hit up all at X-mas time---I have gotten calls from my listing being in the program tho--I never give just a g.c.----there may not be a bidding war for that--people like to get "something" now

Related to Donating to Golf Tournaments: Ideas?

What are some popular donation ideas for golf tournaments?

Some popular donation ideas for golf tournaments include gift baskets, gift certificates, golf equipment or accessories, vacation packages, and sponsored holes or contests.

What are the benefits of donating to a golf tournament?

Donating to a golf tournament can provide exposure for your brand or business, show your support for a charitable cause, and potentially attract new customers or clients who attend the tournament.

How can I make my donation stand out at a golf tournament?

To make your donation stand out at a golf tournament, consider offering a unique or high-value item, personalizing the donation with your brand or logo, or providing a fun and interactive experience for tournament participants.

What is the process for donating to a golf tournament?

The process for donating to a golf tournament may vary, but typically you can contact the tournament organizer or committee to inquire about donation opportunities. They may have specific guidelines or forms for submitting donations.

Can I get a tax deduction for my donation to a golf tournament?

In most cases, yes, donations to golf tournaments can be tax deductible. However, it is always best to consult with a tax professional or refer to the specific guidelines set by the tournament or charity to ensure your donation qualifies for a tax deduction.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisaterwilliger
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lisaterwilliger
  • ChefMary412
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
soccermom18
  • pmprdprettyinsnj