• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Uses for Stainless Steel Scoops

In summary, the scoops are great for portioning out ingredients for baking, cookies, ice cream, and more.
pmprdprettyinsnj
Silver Member
I know the obvious is cookies, can you give me some other ideas of what you may be using the scoops for? I am trying to create a flyer for the scoop family :) Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance

• Muffins,
  • cupcakes,
  • perfectly portioned crepes
  • waffle batter (large one usually)
  • even pancakes (if trying to make them small...say for your little kids?),
  • meatballs,
  • truffle candies,
  • cheese balls or appetizers,
  • melons
  • biscuits,
  • cake pops, brownie pops
  • fill your decorator bottles or bags
  • Assemble sandwiches. Whether you’re making chicken salad sandwiches or ice cream sandwiches, a large scoop will give you just the right amount of filling. Smash it a little, and add the top of the sandwich. The same idea applies for homemade ravioli, enchiladas, stuffed zucchini or peppers, and pot stickers.
I'm sure I'm forgetting something....I've used it for probably all of these things at one time or another.

Portioning of pudding / sour cream / guac / mayo / peanut butter / cooked rice. Use EVERY time I make drop cookies, small muffins, some use for ice cream (gasp!)

Coffee since we don't have a scoop anymore and will reach down to the bottom of a bag! :)

I use the scoops SO much! It's one of those things you buy thinking "well, nice to have but I probably won't use much", but that is wrong! They are worth it if even just for cookies and cupcakes. I can't imagine filling muffin tins (regular or mini) without them. Each size has uses.The only thing I can add to what hasn't been mentioned is using them to portion out the dumpling dough for Chicken and dumplings.Oh! Also, since the smallest is about 1 Tbsp I use it to scoop out mounds of leftover tomato paste to freeze.We just got a waffle maker and I CAN'T believe I DIDN'T think of using the scoops for the batter! Thanks Bobbi for the idea!

Scoops can also be used for dollops of butter or sour cream too :)

1. How do I use a stainless steel scoop for baking?

Stainless steel scoops are great for measuring and portioning out cookie dough, cupcake batter, and other baking ingredients. Simply scoop up the desired amount and release onto your baking sheet or into your muffin tin.

2. Can I use a stainless steel scoop for serving ice cream?

Yes, stainless steel scoops are perfect for scooping ice cream onto cones or into bowls. They are also great for making perfectly round and even scoops of ice cream for sundaes.

3. What other uses are there for stainless steel scoops in the kitchen?

Aside from baking and serving ice cream, stainless steel scoops can also be used for portioning out rice, grains, and other dry ingredients. They can also be used for scooping and forming meatballs or falafel balls.

4. Can a stainless steel scoop be used for non-food items?

Yes, stainless steel scoops can be used for non-food items such as bath salts, laundry detergent, or even as a garden scoop for potting soil or seeds. Just be sure to designate a separate scoop for non-food items.

5. How do I clean and maintain a stainless steel scoop?

To clean a stainless steel scoop, simply wash it with hot soapy water and dry thoroughly. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners as they can damage the scoop's finish. Also, make sure to dry the scoop completely after each use to prevent rusting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pmprdprettyinsnj
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
  • JenBowen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • lt1jane