1. Join Chef Success Today!
    We're the #1 Pampered Chef Consultant Community. Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files, images, discussions etc! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Uses for Stainless Steel Scoops

Discussion in 'Products and Tips' started by pmprdprettyinsnj, May 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. pmprdprettyinsnj

pmprdprettyinsnj Member Silver Member

I know the obvious is cookies, can you give me some other ideas of what you may be using the scoops for? I am trying to create a flyer for the scoop family :) Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance

2. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

• Muffins,
    • cupcakes,
    • perfectly portioned crepes
    • waffle batter (large one usually)
    • even pancakes (if trying to make them small...say for your little kids?),
    • meatballs,
    • truffle candies,
    • cheese balls or appetizers,
    • melons
    • biscuits,
    • cake pops, brownie pops
    • fill your decorator bottles or bags
    • Assemble sandwiches. Whether you’re making chicken salad sandwiches or ice cream sandwiches, a large scoop will give you just the right amount of filling. Smash it a little, and add the top of the sandwich. The same idea applies for homemade ravioli, enchiladas, stuffed zucchini or peppers, and pot stickers.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something....I've used it for probably all of these things at one time or another.

May 11, 2017
  3. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

Portioning of pudding / sour cream / guac / mayo / peanut butter / cooked rice. Use EVERY time I make drop cookies, small muffins, some use for ice cream (gasp!)

May 11, 2017
  4. mspibb

mspibb Member Gold Member

Coffee since we don't have a scoop anymore and will reach down to the bottom of a bag! :)

May 12, 2017
  5. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

I use the scoops SO much! It's one of those things you buy thinking "well, nice to have but I probably won't use much", but that is wrong! They are worth it if even just for cookies and cupcakes. I can't imagine filling muffin tins (regular or mini) without them. Each size has uses.

The only thing I can add to what hasn't been mentioned is using them to portion out the dumpling dough for Chicken and dumplings.

Oh! Also, since the smallest is about 1 Tbsp I use it to scoop out mounds of leftover tomato paste to freeze.

We just got a waffle maker and I CAN'T believe I DIDN'T think of using the scoops for the batter! Thanks Bobbi for the idea!

May 12, 2017
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted