• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Does January Always Seem to Disappoint?

In summary, this woman's Jan is not going well, she has 3 January shows scheduled, and she is worried about her show from last week. She is also worried about her catty show from tomorrow.
cewcooks
Hi all

I don't want to sound down but my Jan really stinks, I had 1 caddy show to close Jan 30th, now 1 guest wants to cancel her order, so with that the show does not qualify and I really need that show to keep me qualified, Feb is lookin good any tips on how I can get $97.00 in orders by Fri. To top that off I have a bad sinus infection and when I talk I sound like that little guy from the wizard of oz that says "we welcome you to munchkinland" :grumpy:

How about sending out a quick newsletter-type update with info about the outlet. Have a mystery host challenge. Do you have any extra NIB products lying around? Have it be an extra prize plus a spice/rub/sprinkle choice. If you can get a few people to each gather $100 in orders, than split the rewards.On second thought...what are the host's thoughts on that show? Is she quitting? Has she contacted all her contacts? Family who live out of the area to order and have direct shipping? Maybe she could see if a friend could gather a few extra orders, and she could share some of the benefits? Just throwing things out there...

Sorry you are sick right now!! As for getting another $100 in orders, if your host lives where you can pick up items easily, see if you can find anyone at work, friends, family, etc. that wants to order and add it to her show. Tell them you'll kick in a free SB if they help you out. When I have had to do this before, it has worked out fine. Good luck finishing out your show and staying qualified.

I, too, am having a crummy January. I need to keep qualified this month. The one cooking show I had scheduled already moved to Jan. 31, and I'm really hoping it all works out. On Friday I sent out an e-mail giving everyone a 10% discount if they will order by Jan. 30, but have not heard back from anyone yet that wants to buy. MIL is supposed to be doing a catalog show to end Jan. 31 as well.

This is just a rough time in the economy for everyone. Even with the prospect of free and discounted items, it's hard to get people to host shows when they know it will be hard to get orders from friends and family who are having to tighten their budgets just like everyone else.

I sent out a quick note on Friday regarding the carving knife set on the outlet -- quite the deal, $45 value for $11.50, I believe. I said to share the offer with friends and think of upcoming gifts -- Father's Day, Mother's Day, Graduation, Wedding Showers, etc. I got $145.90 in orders that one day!!

I know I personally am tempted to send out an outlet notice e-mail or something, but I plan on sending out my Feb. newsletter next week and am afraid of people getting tired of hearing from me.I have 3 January shows. 2 cooking and 1 catty. All 3 have me nervous. My show from last week still hasn't closed. My host was supposed to e-mail me yesterday with more orders she had and get me the checks today. Nothing has come in yet. I e-mailed her about it but haven't heard back. I plan to call tonight. Tomorrow is when my catty show is supposed to close. I have to call her during the day while she is at work, because that is where she has left all her orders and hopes to get more from co-workers. I really hope this all works out. Double points would be nice, plus I HAVE to stay active and have to do it this month!

Mine stinks too! Did get a couple of surprise outlet orders that total about $91. Another gal says she's got outlet items picked out, but hasn't ordered yet. Feb. is looking brighter. Luckily Dec. was good, so I'm not in danger of inactivity yet........

Yes, my January is pretty pathetic too, and February isn't looking too great either. I am forcing myself to get on the phone every free night this week with scripts so I don't slip up and sound whiny.

Worse comes to worst, bless and release this month, and focus on the next.

Yes, January has been awful - but I have 11 February shows - if they all stick!

My January isn't really that bad, I am sitting 1280.00 away from having a 4500.00 month and my February should be around the same and what a shocker is that i had all these bookings from before christmas and they all held.

Mine is actually really good...better than any other year by far. The key is to book before Christmas. Also, to let hosts know that people show UP for these January shows! Nothing else is really going on and it's too cold her to do much, but we WANT out of the house.February is shaping up too. All of a sudden (in the last few months), everyone is booking in really close. No cancellations and bookings galore. I have a potential consultant concerned about starting with the economy the way it is. Thank goodness eating is something every has to keep doing. Making it easier and more fun is the show they want now.Oh...and of course...one person's not so good CAN be someone else's wonderful!

My January is the BEST one I have had since I started 4 years ago!! I am closing two shows tomorrow and one is at $1100 right now and the other one is almost to $1000 and then on Friday I will close another show and I have a show Friday night that will close that night!!

Now...my February...I have 3 cooking shows and 5 catalog shows. I want the 19 total shows that someone else on here has!!

My Jan is not the best right now I'm just over $350 total. I would love it to be better, but I have had many cancellations.For now my Feb. looks great with 5 shows on the books so far.

My January stinks also. I only had two parties, totalling a total of $1200 in sales. Feb I only have two shows also :( And then nothing until a bridal shower in April and a party scheduled for May. At least I can look into the future of these and think not only do I know they will be good parties, both have had 1K shows in past, but then the weather..........ahhhhh the weather will be so much nicer :) Gotta think of something positive LOL

Mine isn't horrible. I have over $2k in right now and still have two shows to go. Tomorrow has 15 confirmed (YES!!!) so I hope it will be a good one.

OK, so thanks to this and other posts, I got on the phone tonight:

20 calls
15 voicemails
2 No's
1 summer possibility (she's having surgery)
2 Feb cattys!

Thank you!

Congrats Susan!

For myself, this Jan is the best I've ever had...I had 3 shows scheduled, had hoped for about 1200 in sales, but my first show was at $940, second was $1100 and I have one to close out this weekend that right now is almost $600 so I am thrilled! From those, I have 6 live shows and 3 catalog shows, plus one on already for March.

Not a great month, either. I had only 3 shows, but 5 catalog shows. (I did get 6 wedding registries which will make up for this month later). February looks better. I'm not getting too down, because March I'm almost to capacity for myself with more than 10 shows and 2 caddies and I'm still booking.

dismal January here too. One $42 order so far. A potential 200.00 show but we'll see. ugh!

Mine is pretty lousy too... I've had one excellent show, one poor show, one average show. I had three booked in this week and two have cancelled. So bummed about that as was hoping to generate Feb bookings from each show. I've got 5 booked in so far for next week and I wanted double that. Fingers crossed tonight's is a good show for bookings and sales!

Jan isn't so bad for me either. I should close out @ $3000 - hopefully higher. Feb is looking better too: 5 dated shows - 3 more to date in ink - and 4 catty shows. I WANT more so I need to get on the phone!

My January is terrrible.. a big fat goose egg.. lol good thing I am not worrying about going inactive.. cause I would if that was the threat. Almost everything has cancelled. 2 cat shows still with no sales yet. I think I'll send out an outlet e-mail...

Send out an e-mail about the outlet!! Make sure that you let them know that the items are limited quantity and when they are gone, they are gone --

Also, don't get off the phone --- personal contact is sooooo important!

I did $260 in online sales this month and had only a few shows with a catalog show...it's a slow month for me, but that is because I haven't been promoting the month. Bad, bad me!

I have lost 2 shows due to all the snow that we keep getting. The one host is doing a catalog show but not working to get it past $150 and the second host is rescheduling for February. There goes those double points!!

All my shows canceled this month--I have shows next month but am worried I will be considered inactive before they are submitted. I submitted one show in Dec. but it was held November 29th...it was submitted one week later...I'm hoping I'm safe since I did submit a show in Dec. and will have ones for Feb.

I didn't push January. People around me are still recovering from Christmas. I do have two booked for February. Which is a perfect number for me b/c I don't have time these days to do much more than that.

This has actually turned out to be one of my best January's ever!! I've had 4 cooking shows and 1 catalog show and I'm at $4,200 with 1 still to close out so I might be a little bit higher!!!! :sing: One of my shows I booked AS I was at the airport leaving for Leadership and it closed out at $1,200!!! Talk about a total God-thing! I am so grateful and completely psyched to be getting double points this month! Disney, here we come!!!! :love:

I will be closing January with 4 shows for an approximate total of $1700. Not too bad since I had 3 cancellations and a couple of reschedules. I currently have 7-8 shows on the books for both February and March. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will stick.

My January ROCKS!!!! I am SO excited this January. I just closed two $1000+ shows!! And I have 2 more shows to close!!

pampered.chris said:
My January ROCKS!!!! I am SO excited this January. I just closed two $1000+ shows!! And I have 2 more shows to close!!

Congratulations for refusing to participate!:D:thumbup:

I had a decent beginning Dec then horrible end of December (death in the family) then Leadership that followed so I didn't get pumped up till after Denver to try and get bookings. I only had 1 catty show close at $150 and another opened catty show that is supposed to close this week? Possibly another one closing tomorrow?

mine stinks....i was so excited because i had 10 shows scheduled in jan 5 cooking and 5 catalog well three of cooking rescheduled for feb. i had 1 of the cooking shows the other night and it was enough to submit. hoping fridays show is better. four of the catalog shows wont answer my calls. and the other wants to do hers in feb. I'm starting to get nervous because i didn't submit anything for december....but we'll see how it goes. although i did sign a new recruit...lol

pampered.chris said:

I'm with you! I had two show's back to back and they both went over $1,000!! Plus I had 5 other shows that averaged $400.:sing:

I'm choosing not to participate too

My Jan was pretty good. I currently have 1500 in sales and i still have 3 shows. The only bummer is that they are Thurs Fri and Sat, so I am sure they will be closing out in Feb but my Sat host wants to sign so that will be 2 recruits in Jan for me Yah

I thought my January would be awful. I had an early January party that didn't bring in much but JUST qualified. Then a host who said that she could deliver 15 guests only managed to bring in five. But four out of those five ordered and all were over a hundred dollars each so I can't complain. Then, I coached a host to invite 60 people out of fear from the earlier show inviting 40 and only getting 5. Her show brought in nearly 30 guests and some outside orders. I'll be closing this week on a $1500+ show and she's thrilled because she's currently at $440 in free product.
On the down side, that show got totally out of hand and while everyone had a good time, I only got one booking (for March). I'll be doing some customer care calls to bring that number up and crossing my fingers while I do it.
So much was going on and order forms were sailing my way, I didn't get to chat up the host benefits before people were in a hurry to pay up and split.
While the high volume was good on paper, I really am not as happy with the party as I could be. But with no January cancellations, I'll count my blessings!

Not totally stinky, yet. One catty show...but the last time I called the hostess she was very serious about waiting till the end of Jan. to talk (scary....) My show last Sun. had 30 invited and 6 yes; only 2 called to say no. When I got there it was Cassy and her mom.... Well, we did have fun (she was a former student so we knew each other). I've gotten her an extra $50 order and she is just under $300 now. My show for tonight has been changed to a catty show. I made a post call letting everyone know and telling them in honor of all the snow everyone that ordered would get a white Quick Cut Paring knife (hope it helps boost sales). The host (another former studen) said she would be calling people, too. She booked from a girl that had an over $1000 show and seems pretty organized, so maybe things won't be so bad.

I had a decent January with over $3000 in sales. Much better then last year.

My show for tomorrow night has 30 confirmed people coming. Although it probably wont close out till Feb but hey that is ok.

I got up a catty order on January 5th with 10 sets of the Creative Cutters for my Kids in the Kitchen Workshop on Feb 7th, so I got the binder. One of my customers who usually orders about $50-75 a month from me placed 2 orders that totaled $178 so I made her a "Catalog Show"! She was thrilled with $15 FPV plus the 10% off for a year. I have one catty show closing on Saturday which is at $164 right now. She is hoping for $500 but may not make it. I prefer she doesn't hold it till February but then again if it would make it a really high one, I'd deal with it. I have 4 Pampered Business Shows for February plus 1 regular Catalog Show. I am going to drop off some more PB packets tomorrow to see what I can do. My ED is doing a weekly Booking Blitz for February every Sunday night at 6 p.m. (she is in CA so it is 3 p.m. her time). I plan on going for that each week. I also have a potential host to call tomorrow to get her scheduled; she lives about 2 hours away but her DD is local and she will do the show at her house. Her DD had a baby then had blood clots so has been pretty out of it since Nov. Hopefully can "nail her down" tomorrow.I am doing a weekly Coaching Call with my Director now and she sent me a form to fill out each week. I was feeling pretty negative about the "poor month" but when I put down my "accomplishments" this week, I had 6 positive items vs only 2 negative so I felt much better about myself! I also wrote down my weekly goals so that helps too for the accountability!

I am having a great January. I am looking at $3000 in sells (best January yet) and 9 shows and 1 catty in February!!! I am also looking at signing 2 new recruits the first 2 weeks of February! I am ALMOST a director--that will put me at 4!!! One of those recruits and I will be walking at conference!! I think people staying at home and cooking more is rocking our business! I am selling more gadgets, stones, choppers, and useful stuff than ever before! I am so pumped up to be a part of a business that helps people during an economic downturn!

I am glad to hear that everyone is having ups and downs, I pampered my dr's office yesterday and I have 1 order today and the lady took the catalog home b/c she has friends comin for the weekend so my Jan show will most likely qualify at $150.00.

My show for Saturday is falling through. No one can come to it. She is turning it into a catty show. It will barely qualify and sadly, she won't earn any free product. And she really needs it! I'm so sad for her. She just had a nasty divorce and her ex took all her kitchen stuff out of spite.

1. "How can I reach my sales goal when a guest wants to cancel their order?"

One option could be to reach out to other guests from the same show and offer a special discount or incentive for placing an order by the deadline. You could also advertise the show on social media or through email to reach a wider audience.

2. "What can I do to keep my qualification status if I'm at risk of losing it due to a cancelled order?"

You could consider hosting a last-minute virtual party or offering a special promotion to your existing customers to make up for the cancelled order. Additionally, reach out to your upline for support and advice on how to meet your qualification requirements.

3. "How can I boost my sales in a short amount of time to make up for the cancelled order?"

One idea could be to offer a limited-time discount or bundle deal to your customers. You could also host a flash sale and promote it through your social media channels or email list. Collaborating with other consultants and cross-promoting each other's products could also help increase sales.

4. "What are some tips for managing a sinus infection while running my business?"

First and foremost, make sure to take care of yourself and get enough rest to allow your body to heal. Consider delegating tasks or rescheduling appointments if needed. You could also look into natural remedies or over-the-counter medication to help alleviate symptoms.

5. "How can I maintain a positive attitude and motivation during a challenging time in my business?"

Remember to focus on the bigger picture and your long-term goals. It can also be helpful to connect with other consultants for support and motivation. Take breaks when needed and find ways to recharge and rejuvenate yourself. Don't be afraid to ask for help or reach out to your upline for guidance. Most importantly, stay positive and have faith in yourself and your abilities as a consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• k1tchng0ddess
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
KellyCooks
  • Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
  • Mel92504