• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Anyone Take Their Laptops to Shows

no.I used to take my laptop, but stopped a few months ago. It's another thing to worry about, and it's weight I don't need to carry in. I do mention that we are given the software when I do my recruiting talk (I still think it's ridiculous that some companies charge for theirs, especially when they require that consultants use it). And I'm actually faster with a calculator than the laptop, since there's no number pad for data entry.
pchef_Christy
Does anyone take their laptops to shows, and if so what do you do with them?

I have thought about it and it would be so convenient to just put the order right in but as i wrote on one of the threads earier, since i have put pp3 on it it is incredibly slow

I LOVE taking my laptop to shows! Just got one this year and it is so convenient to toal it up right there and it is actually accurate! I have them fill out the outside order forms at the show, I input it onto my computer and when I close the show I print out receipts and mail to the host. Seems to save me time as I don't have to manually add it and then recheck my figures and then have to turn around and go home and enter it all. LOVE IT!!!

I used to take mine, but stopped a few months ago. It's another thing to worry about, and it's weight I don't need to carry in. I do mention that we are given the software when I do my recruiting talk (I still think it's ridiculous that some companies charge for theirs, especially when they require that consultants use it). And I'm actually faster with a calculator than the laptop, since there's no number pad for data entry. If I'm in a situation that I want to close a show that night, I'll take it - it's SOOO much easier for the host order because of the discounts.

I take my laptop to every show. It saves me time later - I don't have to re-enter everything. AND I am calculator illiterate. I make mistakes on those things big time. Also, when doing orders by hand I have noticed that people sometimes write the price down wrong and I certainly don't know all of the exact prices. It's just way easier - even with the weight and extra bag it takes - to bring the laptop. Besides I also say (true) that I bought it with my PC commission!

I did try to not take it for a while and couldn't do it. I need it there!

BethCooks4U said:
I take my laptop to every show. It saves me time later - I don't have to re-enter everything. AND I am calculator illiterate. I make mistakes on those things big time. Also, when doing orders by hand I have noticed that people sometimes write the price down wrong and I certainly don't know all of the exact prices. It's just way easier - even with the weight and extra bag it takes - to bring the laptop. Besides I also say (true) that I bought it with my PC commission!

I did try to not take it for a while and couldn't do it. I need it there!

What she said. I was forgetting shipping, tax & everything else when I left mine at home. It cost me a lot of money! :eek: So, now I take mine always. I can also look up host info (I have cell internet) if someone forgets their past host number. I just set it up in the checkout area & turn it on once I'm cleaning up. I tell people I'll be just a minute & will call them when I'm ready.

The first time I brought my laptop, there were over 20 guests at the show. All I did was enter their name and products and it took soooo long to enter their orders, I just never brought it again. I think it would be fine if only a few guests, but I don't bother now. Besides, my laptop has a large screen (which I absolutely love) but it makes it big and heavy to lug around to shows along with everything else.

I take my laptop to every show and input all my orders into PP3, I love it.

chefann said:
I used to take mine, but stopped a few months ago. It's another thing to worry about, and it's weight I don't need to carry in. I do mention that we are given the software when I do my recruiting talk (I still think it's ridiculous that some companies charge for theirs, especially when they require that consultants use it). And I'm actually faster with a calculator than the laptop, since there's no number pad for data entry.

I'm with Ann. I actually LIKE doing my data entry later at home, that way I can also enter notes about that person (has a son in the marines, works at Home Depot, whatever...) and actually remember them better.

I am terrible with the calculator and tax ( and yes I was a finace major), messed up my entire 1st show, so I play it safe with my laptop :)

Thanks!! This is going to be something to think about when I go to my first show!! I'm just looking for some ideas to take with me.

pchef_Christy said:
Does anyone take their laptops to shows, and if so what do you do with them?

I take mine and set up a checkout area before the show starts. So after the demo is over and folks are ready to check out their order, I have them come up one at a time or form a line (depending on number of folks and how things are set up) and this gives me the time to ask them the full check out questions, enter in their info, confirm the math and instantly have a handle on what it is my host has earned.

My shows before I had my laptop were filled with mathematical errors (especially from guests just writing in the wrong prices or item numbers - I can confirm with them right then what they're getting as I enter it) and very frustrating. I type fast and have things all up and running so I don't waste time but I wouldn't do it any other way, unless I had to. LOL

I will pipe in that PP was easier to use on a laptop than P3 is, because there's less mousing required for PP. That was a factor in me deciding to stop taking my laptop - it takes longer to actually enter the orders with the new software than the old.

I have P3 on my laptop and have managed to enter everything nearly "mouse free."I think it takes a little getting used to but becomes highly worth it in the end. After having gotten used to it I have found it to be faster and more accurate than adding everything up with the calculator. I love that I don’t have to worry about being correct in the price of products, addition of tax and shipping final calculation. I love that when I go home, most of my work is already done.If I have a lot of orders or a long line I just enter their first name to save time, then I go back and edit it later. I am also always sure to mention that Pampered Chef doesn’t require me to have a laptop to do shows, but I’m sure glad it helped me pay for it. I love my lap top!! :D

merego said:
I take my laptop to every show and input all my orders into PP3, I love it.

What she said :D

Absolutely take it with me to every show...it's why I got the laptop! I'm actually on my second laptop now, the old one started having issues after 3 years. I just switched over to P3 and have only done two shows w/ low attendence since. Once I found out that you can hit enter twice to add an item and enter a new item, it hasn't slowed me down at all.

I had a show last fall where the battery died during the show and I had to use a calculator...not fun! In addition to verifying that all item numbers are correct, all prices are correct and that they only pay tax on the non-food items (a common mistake when guests add up their own orders), I have been able to easily calculate the direct shipping cost for out-of-town guests. When our forms didn't have the $4 pre-printed, I would make a joke out of this. ("If you don't trust Susie, I can have your items Fed-Ex'd to your door for just a little more $$$. If you trust Susie and prefer to save $$$, it is only $4 per order for S&H.")

I like being able to type in the CC# directly into the software instead of having to shred slips of paper with this info.

On my old laptop, I made a slideshow of all the pics I took in the product room at conference and had that play as my screensaver when I wasn't using the laptop. This also was nice in giving guests ideas of neat ways to use our products.

chefann said:
I will pipe in that PP was easier to use on a laptop than P3 is, because there's less mousing required for PP. That was a factor in me deciding to stop taking my laptop - it takes longer to actually enter the orders with the new software than the old.

ITA. After switching to P3 earlier this year, it was taking me FOREVER to check out at shows, especially the big ones. Then one show in March I forgot my laptop. I used a calculator at that show and haven't looked back.

I take mine with me and would be lost without it. I enter people's names in as they come in the door. If I do not know them, I ask the host their names. If I have downtown during the show, I will enter the contact info in. If not, I wait and do that at home. That saves me a lot that I am not entering while they are standing there with their order.

It has saved me on miscalculating totals too. It also reminds me to ask about "round up" because I always forget to talk about that.

I would be lost without it!

aPamperedBride said:
On my old laptop, I made a slideshow of all the pics I took in the product room at conference and had that play as my screensaver when I wasn't using the laptop. This also was nice in giving guests ideas of neat ways to use our products.

Brillant idea! Thanks for sharing.

May seem like a silly question but do you need internet connection to use the system? I love my laptop , I have my 1st show next week and was hoping to use it.
Thanks

agree with all the others who said it prevents mistakes

I take my laptop (well, my husband's) but have just bought a laptop with what I've made...and I just finished my 4th month with Pampered Chef. I can't wait to take my new laptop and do my orders...the one time I didn't use the laptop I lost money, because someone had written down the wrong price on an item. I love that I can look up anything with P3 and then it does all the work on totaling. It tells me everything I need to know! And I don't have internet connection at the cooking show, to answer Humble Beginnings' question. It isn't needed.

I've been using my husbands laptop too. He has been asking for a new one because he goes to school online. Maybe I will give him a new one so that I can take his to my show with me since everyone says that it is nice to have there. Thanks everyone for the useful information.

I have an old one but I have enough issues with P3 on my CPU that I don't want to risk it on the laptop. Plus I also like inputting everything at home. Its easier and can access anything I need (Other papers, CC, etc.).

So no laptop for me! :)
Plus if I do have a problem, I can call the guest and maybe do an add on!

Humble Beginnings said:
May seem like a silly question but do you need internet connection to use the system? I love my laptop , I have my 1st show next week and was hoping to use it.
Thanks
No, you do not need the internet to enter the orders at the show; only to submit the show when you are prepared to close it and do so.
I too, bring my laptop to every show. It does take a while to get up & running, but it's the first thing I plug in when I get there. I also have a slide show of conference, us girls at conference, products, cutesy sayings throughout, etc. It plays as the screensaver during the shows. One time, I forgot the recipe guide (I create one for every recipe I do, print it and have it on the table to use like the cards new consultants are encouraged to use) Since I had my laptop, I just pulled the recipe up on it and had it sitting on the side of the table as my recipe guide.

I got my laptop 3 wks ago, and have taken it to my last 4 shows.

I find it to be nice, and I plan to continue taking it. I enter only their 'first/last' name, and their order ( and enter in the rest at home) and find using the laptop isn't more time consuming at all, and is quite nice at the show.

1. Can I bring my laptop to a Pampered Chef show?

Yes, you are welcome to bring your laptop to a Pampered Chef show. However, please make sure to respect the show host's home and belongings while using your laptop.

2. Do I need to bring my laptop to a Pampered Chef show?

No, you do not need to bring your laptop to a Pampered Chef show. All necessary materials and information will be provided to you during the show.

3. Can I use my laptop to take orders at a Pampered Chef show?

Yes, you are welcome to use your laptop to take orders at a Pampered Chef show. However, please make sure to have a backup plan in case of technical difficulties.

4. Is there Wi-Fi available at Pampered Chef shows?

The availability of Wi-Fi at Pampered Chef shows may vary depending on the location. It is recommended to check with the show host beforehand or bring a personal hotspot if needed.

5. Can I use my laptop to demonstrate Pampered Chef products at a show?

Yes, you are welcome to use your laptop to demonstrate Pampered Chef products at a show. However, please make sure to have all necessary equipment and materials prepared beforehand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• turtle15
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • lalemom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
heather223
  • ChefKevin