• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Anyone Own the Shark Steam Mop?

except for the handle - that seems very sturdy! Some people love it and some people hate it. But I think it's a really good product.Thanks, Joy and Tammy!
RaggedyAunt
Gold Member
I've been considering buying this for a while, and I wonder if anyone on here has it, and what is your opinion? Our local Kohl's carries it, and occasionally it's in their ad (that way I don't have to order it online or from the infomercial). I like to mop with hot water, but even after boiling it on the stovetop, it cools down before I finish the kitchen. If anyone does own this, let me know your thoughts and opinions in terms of ease of use, does it work well, is the "mophead" cover a good quality and will it last a while, and anything else you would like to share. Thanks!

Also, can't think of the product name, but does anyone have that programmed paper cutter tool that's out now? It looks so cool! I don't know if I would have much use right now, but I hope to segueway back into teaching full-time next year, and that would be a great tool.

Tammy

Tammy I do not have the Shark Steam Mop, I do have the Shark cordless vacuum and love it. So they have quality stuff. I think the machine you arte talking about is the Cri-Cut. I do not have one, but have friends that love it.

I am also looking at getting one of the SHark steam mops. I have researched online and have seen mixed reviews. But there was a video from one of the news stations with the review and they loved it. I think i am just going to have to splurge for one.

I don't have it. But I do have a Shark Steam Cleaner, which has a whole bunch of attachments including one for the floor. I've never liked using it for floors - it doesn't seem to do a great job and mine is sort of cumbersome.

The Shark Steam Mop seems more compact and easier to use than mine - but I really, really read reviews before I buy anything now... so check out the reviews on Amazon.com.

I've tried to include a link http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000V4Q8GA/?tag=pfamazon01-20, but if that doesn't work for you then go to amazon.com, search for the Shark Steam Mop, and click on "Read All Reviews". There are definitely some varied opinions on there... but after reading thru most of them, I wouldn't buy it.

Hope that helps.

=) Jen

We have one... don't use it much but I like it. We have porcelain tile floors and they feel really clean after we use it. Usually we'll just mop with PineSol or a swiffer wet sheet, but that leaves a residue. The steam mop takes it all off and feels really sanitary. Have not read the Amazon reviews... have never had an issue with the steamer. The handheld directed steam is also useful for taking off dried up grungy stuff without using chemicals.

Oh the mop head is nice thick terry cloth, and I actually bought an extra 3-pack off their website so I have extras on hand. But you could make your own with some velcro and sewing of terry towels....

Thanks for the link, Jen. Very interesting, indeed! It reminded me of some of our product discussions on here! Seems like people either love it or hate it! lol The one consistent remark is the handle seems flimsy. That concerns me. If I do decide to try it, I will definitely find out the return policy. Although one lady sounded just like me, with white linoleum floors, and she loved it.

I also wanted some "personal" reviews (people I "know") because you never know who posts reviews on boards. So, thanks, Joy, for your input.

I haven't completely decided either way yet. Maybe when we get those rebate checks! ;)

Thanks, again, gals.

Tammy

I use the Hoover FloorMate - LOVE IT!

You know, I just realized I don't have the "steam mop".... I have the one that is a canister attached to a handle.... with different handle attachments... so I actually don't have any experience with the one you're referring to.... sorry! But steam cleaning = good stuff!

Yes, I have the same one that Joy does, probably. It's a canister attached to a handle that has lots of different attachments. As I said, it's a bit cumbersome to use - I pull it out like once a year - not your every day cleaning device, for sure - but it does work well. It DOES make everything very clean - I especially love using it to clean windows! The handle for the mop attachment is sort of flimsy on mine, too, though, because it comes in multiple pieces that you have to pop together. All in all, the concept is good - but if I were you, I would look for a different brand if you want to use it as your primary floor cleaner on an every day basis.

Something I LOVE LOVE LOVE is my Scooba Floor Washing Robot - it vaccuums, mops, and dries the floor ALL ON ITS OWN - you just set it up and walk away. It does mostly as good a job as I would do on my own. It works more slowly than I could do it - so it's not really faster - but I can go upstairs and put away laundry or play a game with my kids while it mops my kitchen floor. LOVE IT!

=) Jen

By the way I went and bought one at Kohls last weekend. Was $80.99 + tax. I am loving it. It cleans the floors beautifully. No chemicals. I do not think that the handle is flimsy at all. Would most definitly recommend to anyone to buy.

My mom just sold her Cri-Cut... check out ebay... VERY cheap!! She LOVED it, but got away from scrapbooking!! It was really nice!! I wish she wouldnt have sold it!

Kodeysmom said:
By the way I went and bought one at Kohls last weekend. Was $80.99 + tax. I am loving it. It cleans the floors beautifully. No chemicals. I do not think that the handle is flimsy at all. Would most definitly recommend to anyone to buy.
Does it get hairspray build up off floors? I hate when I am washing the bathroom floor, and it just feels like I am wiping the hair spray all over the place...and the floor is still sticky when I am done!

KellyTheChef said:
Does it get hairspray build up off floors? I hate when I am washing the bathroom floor, and it just feels like I am wiping the hair spray all over the place...and the floor is still sticky when I am done!

I have that problem to, And when you try to clean it you have now made the entire floor sticky not just by the sink!!!
But yes it does and my DS had spilt (okay dumped) some baby wash on the floor and i kept puttin it off because i didn't want to just spread the soap everywhere. So I finally got out the steam mop and used it, crossing my fingers that i wouldn't have bubbles start appearing. It cleaned it up nice.
We have tile in our bathroom and it quickly disolved and cleaned up the sticky hairspray residue.

Ok i HAD to chime in here. I have the BEST floor cleaner!!! It's called the Bissell Quick Steamer Light. It's a carpet cleaner but you can get an attachement for it to do hardwood floors. It cleans AND dries them at the same time!!! IT"S AMAZING! And the best part was it was only $69.99 at Target to clean both my hardwood floors and carpets (in a house with 2 cats, 2 dogs and a 3 yr old that's a necessity!!) Here's a link for it:
http://www.target.com/Bissell-QuickSteamer-Lighweight-Deep-Cleaner/dp/B000ASDCYI/sr=1-14/qid=1203473236/ref=sr_1_14/601-1018264-7402505?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Abissell&page=1

Already 5 of my friends and family members got it after seeing mine.

our daughter (14) has the cri cut and loves it
for Valentines we bought the design studio that hooks up to the computer she hasn't used it yet but was excited.

Thanks for all the helpful input, everyone. I haven't made a final decision, but I would like a cleaner that could do both linoleum and carpet. An upholstery attachment would even make it better! The carpet in my car needs cleaning (had a beer mishap this weekend, just trying to get a beer to make beer bread!).

I will also definitely look into the Cri Cut more, too. It's so nice to have such a large number of people to pull input from! You all rock!

Tammy

I can help you with both!
RaggedyAunt said:
I've been considering buying this for a while, and I wonder if anyone on here has it, and what is your opinion? Our local Kohl's carries it, and occasionally it's in their ad (that way I don't have to order it online or from the infomercial). I like to mop with hot water, but even after boiling it on the stovetop, it cools down before I finish the kitchen. If anyone does own this, let me know your thoughts and opinions in terms of ease of use, does it work well, is the "mophead" cover a good quality and will it last a while, and anything else you would like to share. Thanks!

Also, can't think of the product name, but does anyone have that programmed paper cutter tool that's out now? It looks so cool! I don't know if I would have much use right now, but I hope to segueway back into teaching full-time next year, and that would be a great tool.

Tammy

Tammy,
I have the bissel steam mop, and LOVE it!! I ordered it from hsn.com..thou it was pricey...(85) it was money well spent! look online for coupons to hsn before hand!
Also, I own and LOVE the silhouette... if this is the scrapbook toll you are referring to!! Again, very versatile, and it come in soo handy. Emai me if you need details!
Thanks
nicole

I had been debating a steam mop so used 20% off coupon and Linens and Things (their price was 79.99 minus the 20% so cheaper than Kohl's sale price)I have used it in my foyer and daughters bathroom.....So far, I'm not impressed the cord is very short, the handle was a little flimsy but I think the hard part for me is not having the fresh mopped clean smell.
I also filled it to less than the max line on the pitcher and it overflowed when I poured it into the canister. What up with that???The real test will be my laundry room where we have muddy footprints, and my master bathroom floor that is nasty due to the remodel.

I have not had a problem with mine with the water level or anything. I have even filled my pitcher above the line and no overfill. The handle on mine seems pretty strong and I think the cord on mine is pretty long. I would definitly take it back if you are not thrilled with it.

I want to love it but, I don't understand the short cord... I did my kitchen and had to plug it in 3 different times to finish.

Hmm, i have a pretty good size kitchen and i even could reach part of the living room!!. Strange.

did your floor feel like it had a film? my tiles are glossy and now they are dull. I think I'm returning it. I don't like to use something and return it but I think I might this.

Nope, they actually look better than they ever have> return it, maybe try one of the others that were mentioned on here.

Related to Does Anyone Own the Shark Steam Mop?

1. What is the Shark Steam Mop?

The Shark Steam Mop is a household cleaning tool that uses the power of steam to effectively clean and sanitize your floors without the use of harsh chemicals.

2. How does the Shark Steam Mop work?

The Shark Steam Mop works by heating water in its tank to create steam, which is then released through a mop head that can be used to clean various types of flooring, including hardwood, tile, and laminate.

3. Is the Shark Steam Mop safe to use on all types of floors?

Yes, the Shark Steam Mop is safe to use on most types of flooring, including sealed hardwood, tile, laminate, and vinyl. However, it is not recommended for use on unsealed or waxed floors.

4. How often should I use the Shark Steam Mop?

The frequency of use for the Shark Steam Mop will depend on your cleaning needs and the type of flooring you have. It is safe to use on a weekly or biweekly basis for general maintenance cleaning, but can also be used more frequently for tougher messes.

5. Does anyone own the Shark Steam Mop?

Yes, many people own the Shark Steam Mop and it has become a popular and highly rated household cleaning tool. You can find reviews and testimonials from satisfied customers online.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies