• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Anyone Know a Brand Name for

The recipe for the cool whip log calls for Famous chocolate wafers. You can either crumble the cookies and stir them into the cool whip or you can buy the pre-made crust. Either way, this recipe is not very good and it is not very healthy.
pcheftina
chocolate wafer cookies? Our Chocolate Almond Cheesecake recipes calls for them and I cannot locate any. The closest thing I found are the 100 calorie packs of Oreo Crisps. It's gonna be a pain to open all those little packages to make a crust out of them....

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know about chocolate wafer cookies for sure but I'd use either the Chocolate Graham Crackers, they should be in the section of the store with the regular graham crackers or if I couldn't find those, Id use chocolate teddy grahams. They are basically chocolate wafer cookies. I'm sure they'd work just the same. Good luck!

One website I looked up said you could substitute ginger snaps for these, but I don't know how that would work for your recipe.

Do you mean like a regular cookie or the sugar wafers? Nabisco had the Nilla Wafers. Could you also use Chocolate Cookies or not?

Last edited:
pcheftina said:
chocolate wafer cookies? Our Chocolate Almond Cheesecake recipes calls for them and I cannot locate any. The closest thing I found are the 100 calorie packs of Oreo Crisps. It's gonna be a pain to open all those little packages to make a crust out of them....

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

They are in the cookie section, it is a long thin yellow box. It does not look like a regular box of cookies. I found a pic , I hope it works, they do make a GREAT crust!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002QF1NS/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Last edited:
If you just need the crumbs, they do sell Oreo crumbs in a box. They're near the graham cracker crumbs.

I think they are...Those cookies that are rectangle shaped they come in yellow and pink. They have a lattice looking top and bottom and a cream kind of filling. They are found in the cookie isle.

photochef said:
Those cookies that are rectangle shaped they come in yellow and pink. They have a lattice looking top and bottom and a cream kind of filling. They are found in the cookie isle.

I don't know if this is what the original poster was looking for but the ones you are describing are Voortman cookies. (Not sure on the spelling). They are also available in chocolate.

cheating...
pcheftina said:

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

YOu can buy crust that's Choc Graham already, in the ready bake crusts.
Reg. Graham crusts, reduced fat, and choc.

HTH

Famous Chocolate Wafers!!!The name of the chocolate wafer cookie is Famous chocolate wafers, made by Nabisco. They are in a mostly yellow box with cellophane wrapped over them. DO NOT substitute oreos or other cookie crumbs, they will not taste the same. I use these for a peppermint dessert at Christmas, and I made the mistake of subbing a cookie crust pie shell once. Not the same at all:(

Look in the aisle with all the ice cream toppings.

Here is a link, so you know what you are looking for.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002QF1NS/?tag=pfamazon01-20

I love these things!!!

priscilla said:
The name of the chocolate wafer cookie is Famous chocolate wafers, made by Nabisco. They are in a mostly yellow box with cellophane wrapped over them. DO NOT substitute oreos or other cookie crumbs, they will not taste the same. I use these for a peppermint dessert at Christmas, and I made the mistake of subbing a cookie crust pie shell once. Not the same at all:(

Look in the aisle with all the ice cream toppings.

Here is a link, so you know what you are looking for.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002QF1NS/?tag=pfamazon01-20

I love these things!!!

AHEM!!....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

There's a really yummy recipe on the box for the cool whip log. Save time, crumble the cookies and stir into cool whip. Best cookies n cream fluff ever. Not pretty, and not healthy, but yummmmm.....

Related to Does Anyone Know a Brand Name for

1. Does anyone know a brand name for kitchen knives?

Yes, there are several popular brands for kitchen knives such as Wusthof, Henckels, Shun, and Victorinox.

2. Can anyone recommend a good brand for non-stick cookware?

There are many great brands for non-stick cookware, but some popular options include Calphalon, All-Clad, T-fal, and Circulon.

3. Is there a well-known brand for baking supplies?

Yes, there are several well-known brands for baking supplies including Wilton, Nordic Ware, Pyrex, and OXO.

4. What brand of kitchen appliances do chefs prefer?

It ultimately depends on personal preference and the specific appliance, but some popular brands among chefs include KitchenAid, Cuisinart, and Breville.

5. Does anyone know a trusted brand for food storage containers?

There are many trusted brands for food storage containers, but some popular options include Rubbermaid, Pyrex, Tupperware, and OXO Good Grips.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
Shannen
Replies
Views
Admin Greg