• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Anyone Know This Recipe, Just From Description??

In summary, the conversation was about finding a recipe for a chocolate marble cheesecake that was mentioned at a show. The guests were trying to remember the ingredients and steps, but couldn't find the exact recipe. Other consultants suggested a recipe from a retired cookbook and provided the instructions for making it. The original poster was grateful for the help and praised the group for their assistance. There was also a discussion about the ethics of giving out recipes and the importance of customer service.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
Hi all,
I had a show yesterday and I had 2 guests, who'd just been to a show where consultant told them this recipe was from an "old retired" cookbook and she does NOT give out recipes, so they were trying to right it down as she did it, but missed some things.

They couldn't remember what pan/dish it was made it, but it was

Oreo cookies crumbled/chopped for crust
a layer of cheesecake type filling and then
swirled with Hot Fudge/Choc. Sauce.

Anyone, name, idea where to start looking??

Thanks,

Lisa

Chocolate marble cheesecake? Sounds similar in ingredients, I just made it for the holidays I will try and find the recipe and post!

Did you try a recipe search on CC?

There's a Marble Cheescake Squares in More Stoneware Sensations, which is a retired cookbook. Maybe that's it?

Not sure if this is it? But here ya go!
Marble Cheesecake Squares
(More Stoneware Sensations Cookbook...pg 83)

24 crème-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, finely chopped (about 2 cups)
3 Tbls butter or margarine, melted
4 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 (1 oz) square semi-sweet chocolate for baking (not unsweetened chocolate), melted

Preheat oven to 350. Chop cookies using Food Chopper; place in Small Batter Bowl using Kitchen Scraper. Place butter in Covered Micro-Cooker. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted. Add to Batter Bowl; mix well. Press crumb mixture onto bottom of Stoneware Bar Pan. In Classic Batter Bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in sour cream until well blended. Remove 3/4 cup batter to small bowl. Stir in melted chocolate; set aside. Pour remaining batter over curst, carefully spreading to edges of pan with Super Scraper. Place chocolate batter in Easy Accent Decorator fitted with Bismark Tip. Pipe chocolate batter in 5 lengthwise stripes equal distance apart on top of batter. Using Utility Knife, cut crosswise through batter several times for marble effect. Bake 18-20 minutes or until set. Remove pan to Nonstick Cooling Rack. Cool bars to room temperature. Refrigerate. Cut into squares; serve using Mini Serving Spatula.

Makes 24 squares

THat was the first recipe that came to my mind! It is yummy:)

Thanks, that's got to be the recipe. I'm so happy, I can now go back to these guests, who were so disappointed, as they really wanted this recipe and other consultant would not give it. I can now give great customer service to my guests.

Thanks, as my 6 year old would say,

"This group ROCKS!!"

Lisa

I do know where the other consultant was coming from- sell a cookbook by not giving away the recipe. But if it's in a book they can't get, then make the customer happy! :)

1. Can anyone identify a recipe based on a description?

Yes, our team of consultants and chefs are always happy to help identify a recipe based on a description. Simply provide as much detail as possible and we will do our best to find the right recipe for you.

2. How long does it usually take for someone to identify a recipe?

It depends on the complexity of the recipe and the amount of detail provided in the description. Our team usually responds within 1-2 business days with a potential match or suggestions for similar recipes.

3. Do I need to provide specific measurements or ingredients in my description?

While providing specific measurements and ingredients can make it easier for our team to identify the recipe, it is not always necessary. Any details or clues you can provide, such as the type of dish or main ingredients, can also be helpful.

4. Can I request a specific recipe to be identified?

Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that our team will be able to identify a specific recipe. However, we will do our best to find a similar recipe or offer suggestions for substitutions.

5. Is there a fee for requesting help in identifying a recipe?

No, our recipe identification service is completely free for our customers. We are always happy to assist you in finding the perfect recipe for your needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• angmillar
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Laura1293
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam