• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Anybody Have Shipments Come to Their House?

In summary, Shannon feels that it is great customer service to do this for local orders as well. She also feels that it is a way of taking care of the customer and the host at the same time.
batroark
Gold Member
I was just curious if anybody else had the show shipment go to their house instead of the host? I feel like I have more time to separate the order, since most of my host either live out in the country and/or are not home during the day to receive the UPS shipment as it comes in. It only takes about 20 mins. of my time, I do it only for the local host, and only if they are working. I have it shipped in C/O of me. And that ensures that they have got their order, everything is there and ok, and that I can call the guest in a day or so to talk to them about their products. I had another consultant call me down on it saying it was wrong, but I feel that I am just adding to the customer service end of it, since I AM home all day and they are not. It is also saying "Thank you for hosting a show with me, now I will bag your shipment when it comes in IF you want me to. :) " Does anybody have any input to me doing this?

Yes, I do it alot. It is great customer service. Especially on really big orders. I don't want my host to feel overwhelmed at all. And if she has had a really big party I definetely want her to do another! Other times I do it if I really don't feel like the host is organized enough. Sometimes I don't trust her to get it all done in a timely manner, or maybe she has just too much going on. I have had hosts call me to say things were missing and they can't find all of such and suchs order. Then when I get there to go through the box it is there. They just don't always know what to look for. I think it is just easier sometimes.

I do it too if it is a local show. Usually the host is very grateful too. I've only had one stay-at-home Mom host so far (yes, I am working on recruiting her) and the rest are not at home when the UPS man comes. I don't mind it a bit. It also gives me a chance to slip flyers in the bags for upcoming specials and things. I will also sometimes add a recipe card of the recipe I made at the show. Plus, if I ever submit an order and then someones check bounces, I can hold their products for ransome until I get my money. :D

So do you have the host come pick up all the orders to deliver or do you tell the guest that they will have to come by and pick up their orders??

Boomer Sooner
Shannon Overstreet

Usually about half and half. If I am going to be near their house soon after it comes in I will just drop it off. If not, I just call them and tell them that it is in and they come and get (they are usually excited and come right away too). I did have one host that lived about 30 minutes away. She actually asked me if I could ship it to my house. When it came in, I met her about half way with it. That was probably the most I ever went out of my way though.

I generally deliver it all to her home.

Ok, this is making me feel better. I usually call the host and make arrangments-either she will come to my house to pick it up or I will take it to house work or house that evening. Which ever is best for both of us. And YES! they definitely feel grateful for me doing that. I want to make sure my customers and the host are being please, and that is why I am stepping out that extra little bit to assure that. I like telling a host or the customer that I will send it off say today and it is usually back in 2 to 3 days. They are actually amazed at how quickly the order is back to them. They don't have to wait a few weeks or more and when it comes in have to say now what is this that I ordered, what do I use this for, and throw it under the cabinet to forget about it. No, I want to get it to them as quick as possible to show them Pampered Chef can go 110% above everybody else and they can enjoy using their products!

Last edited:
I do this sometimes!I do this for local orders too! Especially if the host is a little scatter-brained. :p I should have done this for one host that lives about 30mins away and didn't, because I didn't want to deliver it. I had guests calling 3 weeks AFTER it was delivered to the host because they hadn't received their orders yet! :eek:

Don't this just really aggrivate you! PC ships it so quickly, and some of the host think they can take all the time in the world to get it to their guests. And this is ususally her friends or family that she is doing this to.???????

What do you do to have it shipped to to you? I looked in pampered Partner and didn't see anything. I just don't understand how to do this and still get your commission.

When you put the host order in, go to the shipping Tab. Then type in
Jane Doe
C/O Jennifer Bagshaw
My Address
Pekin, Indiana 47165

It will come right to your house. I always add my phone number too incase UPS should have a problem and has to call.

You just have it shipped to your home. Under the hosts address info you would put on the first line her first name, on the second line you put her second name, on the thrid you would put C/O your name then put in your address. She is still the host of the party and got all of the benefits, you just had it shipped to your home. Does that make sense? :confused:

CommissionYou make commission off of anything the host buys where she is using her discount. You don't make it off of the free, half price and monthly specials. So, say she has a $500 show and decides to go ahead and purchase everything she wants since she is getting a 25% discount in addition to her free and half price. You make commission of the discounted amount.

Thank You to everyone for your help :)

I am so glad I started this thread! It has not only helped me, but some others as well!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

I do it too for my pregnant host who live in an apartment building.

It's just great customer service

Last edited:
I had one host who has 3 kids under the age of 3, and she did a wonderful job with her show, large totals, ect- She was so appreciative that I separated it for her, and brought it to her house, that she is a standing show for me now, she wants me to call her every 6 months or so to do a show for her. I think that it is the customer service that makes the difference in my business. If I am willing to go the extra mile for them, they return the effort, and have great turnouts for my show. I have a show this Saturday, and the host could not believe that I have stayed in touch with her, and helping her along. She said she had a show last summer, and the only time she heard from the consultant, was 2 days before her show, when she called her to give her the list of food she needed, and she has yet to hear from her since. She said that is why I will be her consultant for life !!!! I am willing to make the effort for the loyalty they give. It is my job !!!!

batroark said:
I was just curious if anybody else had the show shipment go to their house instead of the host? I feel like I have more time to separate the order, since most of my host either live out in the country and/or are not home during the day to receive the UPS shipment as it comes in. It only takes about 20 mins. of my time, I do it only for the local host, and only if they are working. I have it shipped in C/O of me. And that ensures that they have got their order, everything is there and ok, and that I can call the guest in a day or so to talk to them about their products. I had another consultant call me down on it saying it was wrong, but I feel that I am just adding to the customer service end of it, since I AM home all day and they are not. It is also saying "Thank you for hosting a show with me, now I will bag your shipment when it comes in IF you want me to. :) " Does anybody have any input to me doing this?

I always offer to have the package shipped to my house, but most don't mind having it go to their house. I think it just shows you are willing to go the extra mile for your customers and hosts.

jenniferlynne said:
When you put the host order in, go to the shipping Tab. Then type in
Jane Doe
C/O Jennifer Bagshaw
My Address
Pekin, Indiana 47165

It will come right to your house. I always add my phone number too incase UPS should have a problem and has to call.

When you do this, just make sure you unclick the box that says to update in contact management, otherwise you'll lose her personal info.

I've just made a habit of having all shows go to my place. I like to do up the orders and add any flyers, etc. This way I know that each of the customers knows the up coming promotions. I have also had things come broken and it is easier for me to fix any problems. (not that there have been lots) :)

When I hosted shows, my consultant graciously lets me have it all delivered to her home. :)
I don't live in the best neighborhood and UPS just leaves it at the door. It would likely walk off around here.

So even as a returning consultant I have my shipping address listed at a friend's house.

Even when delivered to my consultant (when I was the host) I always thought I'd just pick up the boxes. To my surprise, she puts her special touch on it and separates it all. Very nice of her, but I don't expect it.

So it does have a good bit of customer care to the delivery.

1. How often do shipments come to my house?

Shipments from Pampered Chef typically arrive at your house within 3-7 business days from the date of purchase. However, delivery times may vary depending on your location and the shipping method chosen at checkout.

2. Can I track my shipment?

Yes, you can track your shipment by logging into your Pampered Chef account and clicking on the "Order History" tab. From there, you can view the status of your shipment and track its progress.

3. What if my shipment is delayed or doesn't arrive?

If your shipment is delayed or does not arrive, please contact our customer service team for assistance. They will be able to provide you with an update on the status of your shipment and help resolve any issues.

4. Are there any additional fees for shipments to my house?

There are no additional fees for shipments to your house, as the shipping cost is included in the total price of your order. However, if you choose expedited shipping, there may be an additional fee.

5. Can I change the shipping address for my order?

If you need to change the shipping address for your order, please contact our customer service team as soon as possible. They will do their best to update the address before the shipment is sent out. However, once the shipment has been processed, we are unable to make any changes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bostonbelle
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefZee
  • yankfan24
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
vanscootin
  • PChef_ang