1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Does Age Matter?

1. EmmaLeeM

EmmaLeeM Member

I know from working in past sales that it seems to affect how some people feel about you. Is there an average age of most consultants? and I ask the younger consultants, have you had an issue with being young/ or getting respect?

Thanks,
    Emma

Mar 9, 2006
  2. jenab1013

jenab1013 Member

Well...

I'm only 20 and not married- had my first show when I was 19. For the most part, people have been pretty accepting of my age and the fact that I don't cook for a family every night. However, there's always one every now and then that has to comment on the fact that I am only 20 and especially that I'm not married and I won't have time for all this if I were...blah blah blah. And I don't understand how hard it is to cook for a family or even make time to. That doesn't slow me down though. I love Pampered Chef and I've only been selling for 5 months now. I had a rough start, but once I got going, I've been doing great. I feel like I will still be able to do all this once married and all. That is what's so great about it - you set your hours!!

Mar 9, 2006
  3. tiffanypc05

tiffanypc05 Advanced Member

i turned 18 in dec. 2004 and started selling pc in march 2005 and have been selling ever since. i have not had any problems. i actually just quit my full-time job to sell pc full-time and stay at home with my 9 month old. i actually asked my director if i was the youngest one in our cluster and she said i was the youngest and there was a lady i believe she was 80 that was the oldest. now that's what i call an age range.hahaha!!

Mar 9, 2006
  4. monica_sweetconsultant

monica_sweetconsultant Advanced Member Silver Member

i have had some people question my age (28). they want to know how i can have a family, a career and a home and keep it going smooth. i guess i am caught in the middle of the age gap!! not young but not older eithr...lol for now!! i just tell people my business is my familys business as well. we do it together and when i am home i am momma and a wife. when i am a party i am a consultant, momma and a wife as well

5. DebbieSAChef

DebbieSAChef Senior Member

Same here

Being 28 I actually make some older women feel good that there are still some young women out there who cook and don't eat out everyday. They really are impressed with the fact that I cook almost every night and not just microwave food, no offense intended, but I was raised to make everything from scratch. I mean I do use packaged items at times like PC recipes tell us to, but at other times I like to go all out and cook up a storm.
    My husband and kids love it. I am always experimenting with recipes and I love to cook and bake!! It's in my blood!!
    At my shows I talk about how I home school my two oldest kids, I chase after my 21 month old, I nurse my 4 month old and I still have time to do shows because it's so easy. Even for those who don't cook, I have many friends who don't, PC tools get them in and out of the kitchen faster which is great for them. Pc tools work for anyone, and alot of our tools can be used out of the kitchen as well. A Pc business is for someone who wants to be their own boss, earn some extra money, earn FREE products, great trips and meet new people everday!! I love it!!!
    Debbie

Mar 9, 2006
  6. The_Kitchen_Guy

The_Kitchen_Guy Legend Member Silver Member

Just as a contrast to you young whippersnappers, I'm an old fart. So far, the population in the bulk of my shows have been people middle aged and up. The younger people seem to be either in awe that someone my age can still carry the crates around, let alone cook, but mostly seem respectful of the experiences that I bring to the show. (If they only knew - so don't tell 'em, okay?)

I've got a show coming up where I'm going to be older than the host's mother. That's unusual - I'll let you know how it goes.

7. beepampered

beepampered Veteran Member

young ones

After I signed up in Nov. last year, I called my brother to say he and his wife had to host a party so I could come visit them at a tax deduction. Well, three days before my SIL had had a $800 party with a 19-year-old that had been in their youth group. The girl signed when she was 18 and has been very successful ever since. Obviously, no one has a problem with her age....BEE

Mar 10, 2006
  8. bbauman07

bbauman07 Veteran Member Gold Member

I think for the most part no, but I sometimes feel like people look at me and wonder because of my age if I'm good or not. I am 27 but I have people tell me all the time I look like I'm barely 20. For these people I try to get them to a show in my home, once they have seen me in action, they usually change their minds.

Mar 10, 2006
  9. monica_sweetconsultant

i have to agree with you there. alot of people tell me i look much younger than 28 and half time i act like a kid. i forgot to grow up along the way!! i like to have fun and sometimes have to much fun!! i guess in some ways i am a little immature but when i am doing a show or CCC i try to be professional but be myself as well. does that make sense??? lol....

10. The_Kitchen_Guy

Growing old is mandatory.

Growing up is optional.

;)

11. monica_sweetconsultant

thats it exactly!! most of my friends are several years younger than me and my kids are my best friends. it makes me proud when my kids say there mom is "cool"...lol!! life is to short not have fun

12. The_Kitchen_Guy

Age is a matter of mind.

If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

13. Me Too!

I signed when i was 18 also. I love have good tools to cook for my husband! and i love having adult time away from my 8 mo old. I wish i could get some of my younger friends to do this...but they wont try it... I really love this job and all the friends i have made. people never question my age. most people make fun of horrible teenagers in front of me like im one of them :p little do they know im a 19 year old whippersnapper :p :D ...

tiffanypc05 you should email me sometime i would love to keep in touch with some other "young mothers"

Mar 12, 2006
Have something to add?