• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Wear Gloves During Demo?

In summary, some people feel better when gloves are worn, while others don't. Some people use gloves most of the time, while others forget to wear them.

Do you wear gloves during Demo?

• Always

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Never

Votes: 36 66.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 13 24.1%

• Total voters
ChefNic
I never have...but in the new training video that came with paperwork supply order, they use gloves... What do you all do?

I do. Before I started selling and went to shows all the time, it kind of creeped me out that someone I didn't know was touching the food. Plus, I babysit so I am washing my hands constantly. In the winter they crack really bad from so much washing. I would never prepare someone else's food with open sores on my hands. :eek:

That's what I'm thinking... I never have, but I am over a cold, but still this slight tickle in my throat that causes me to cough sometimes, especially when I talk... I have a show tomorrow,and I don't want to freak anyone out.
No one has ever said anything to me, but watching that video...I wonder if I should start!

Now I'm paranoid!
:)

I have never worn gloves because I just don't like it! I however make a concius (SP) effort to wash my hands several times during the show!!

I don't wear gloves because even the small ones are too big. Also, I worked for a government program that had a registered dietition on staff. She says gloves are not necessary if you stay at your station and wash your hands frequently. She says that gloves give everyone a false sense of security. You will see a person with gloves moving from one area to another touching things...well, that person has contaminated her gloves, but she doesn't change them. It is no different than a person without gloves. I make it a point to wash my hands in front of the guests before I handle food. I wash my hands several time throughout the demo...especially after handling things like raw chicken.

I haven't yetI haven't worn gloves yet, but I just bought some for the recipies with the peppers. You don't want to get that on your hands.

Tree said:
I haven't worn gloves yet, but I just bought some for the recipies with the peppers. You don't want to get that on your hands.

That's the only time I wear gloves, as well. I hate the way my hands sweat when I wear them! I do keep them in my kit so that if I cut myself, I can put them on to avoid a problem with that icky red stuff that comes out. :eek:

I'm not a huge fan of the gloves, but I do think they look professional. They also keep me from licking my fingers, which I'm VERY apt to do without even thinking about it because that's what I do at home! :eek:

I often forget to put them on, though. I used to put them in my apron pocket so I remembered to put them on, but then I would find them later when I was digging out a door prize...oops! And so then I would lay them on my cutting board so I didn't forget and even then, I would end up pushing them off subconsciously!

So honestly, I probably wear them half of the time. For you non-glove wearers, I'll tell you that one of my guests (she was pretty drunk and HILARIOUS) pointed out that she thought the gloves were creepy. She booked a show (that never held) and told me that she would NOT be happy if I wore gloves at her show! How funny is that!

I work in daycare and change gloves more than anyone else in our center, however for my shows, I usually just wash my hands. I have used gloves a few times, and keep them in my bag. I should use them all the time, especially since I am used to using them at work.

I have them, but usually don't put them on.

It depends on the recipe I'm doing, though. If it's one where I do lots of touching the food, then I'll make sure to wear them.

I use them most of the time.....when I don't use them I wash my hands often during the demo, and I always make sure I start my demo off by washing my hands....and I have also changed my gloves in my demo if I find that I have touched other things, or sometimes I feel the need to pull them off for another reason, and just pull another pair on.

I do think people feel better these days when gloves are worn. Some people have thanked me for wearing them.

Melinda

i used gloves at my show also I had a bottle of off brand purell. I had a slight cold a the time. I think that made the guests a little more at ease to see the gloves, just my opinion. I know that gloves take a little getting used to.

I wear them. I'm usually in front of a lot of ppl I don't know. I also have the problem of my hands chapping in the winter, I always seem to get little tears around my nails. Plus last week I cut my hand on the counter at the vet (long story) and it was hard to put a bandaid on it. The cut was well closed by 6 days later and my show but I felt better wearing the gloves where no one would worry.

No, I don't wear gloves. I make a big deal of telling the guests and showing them that I wash my hands before I begin. I will wash or wipe them several times throughout the demo. I have never had anyone mention anything about it or not eat because of it (that I know of). It would be very hard for me to get used to (wearing gloves). I don't think I would like it very much. I have also worked hard at making my shows kinda casual and laid-back.

If you invited a girlfriend to dinner and you were still cooking would you put gloves on? If you hired a chef for the evening would you expect that person to wear gloves? Have you ever worked in a restuarant and seen the cooks wearing gloves? I have worked in several restaurants and honestly have NEVER seen a cook wearing gloves. Not even when they were dealing with peppers. Those people are truly professional cooks (at least I would hope so). We are at home cooks. I'm not knocking that we want to be professional, but I don't think the gloves denote professionalism in this case.

I don't use gloves because they never fit right! I put some Wet-Naps or Handi-Wipes in my apron pocket and use at least 3 during every show.

I hate gloves. I am allergic to latex, so I need the non-latex variety. At the bar, health code dictates that if you are handling uncooked food to serve: prepping a fruit plate, finishing a cake with fruit, stuff like that, you are suppose to wear gloves. But I hate them. They never fit and I agree that they give you a false sense of security.

At my shows, I always start off with washing my hands, and will continue washing my hands through out my demo. In addition to that, I always have plenty of dish towels, and if possible paper towels available. People forget that germs love dish towels, and once you wipe your hands on a towel, well guess where the germs are?

Another bad thing about gloves. When I am demoing the cheese grater, my gloves get wound up around the handle when I am turning it :D The laytex doesn't let the handle spin smoothly around in your hand. Usually everyone laughs.

I have been wearing gloves this month - because I am handling raw chicken, and it's sometimes easier, and has a better flow in the demo, to just take the gloves off when I'm done w/ the chicken, and not have to stop what I'm doing to go wash my hands.

I wear gloves during shows because I have severe eczema on my hands, cracks and raw patches all over my fingers and the back of my hands. Definitely not going to hand food for strangers with those hands. Depending on what I'm cooking at home I'll even wear gloves then.

I did start wearing them, and now I wear them 90% of the time...when I don't forget ;) I think it helps me to remember little things like not to brush my hair back while demo-ing, or adjust my clothes. I think there is a sense of security for the guests, tho it may be false security. My main thing is helping me to not touch other things, like my hair that can come so habitually.

PamperChefCarol said:
I hate gloves. I am allergic to latex, so I need the non-latex variety. At the bar, health code dictates that if you are handling uncooked food to serve: prepping a fruit plate, finishing a cake with fruit, stuff like that, you are suppose to wear gloves. But I hate them. They never fit and I agree that they give you a false sense of security.

At my shows, I always start off with washing my hands, and will continue washing my hands through out my demo. In addition to that, I always have plenty of dish towels, and if possible paper towels available. People forget that germs love dish towels, and once you wipe your hands on a towel, well guess where the germs are?

Same problem here - developed an allergy after wearing them on medical calls. Allergy gradually gets worse...balloons now bother me too...I can still handle them in the room at least - just have to watch touching them.

Nitrile gloves are what you need. Most places now are getting away from even selling latex gloves.

For those who have problems wearing them though, you need to make sure you have a small enough size. They should fit well enough to do mostly anything. Cheap gloves and certain food service gloves will be too big and baggy.

Either way, they take some getting used to and I like to cook without them...best to be sensitive to the hosts and guests though and I'd wear them if I had any cuts or sores.

I have 2 boxes of the gloves, and never remember to put them on. SD says that it looks more professional to wear them. Guess I just look like some bum that rolled in off the street!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someday I'll remember to put them on...maybe!

I don't wear them...But I keep a small bottle of hand sanitizer in my apron pocket to use in between things. After I use it I dry my hands on a towel. That way the guest are assured I have clean hands!!

I do sometimesI do wear gloves if I am doing a show with strangers. If it's friends or family, I don't bother. I just wash my hands frequently.

Debbie :D

I wear gloves most of the time - as long as I don't forget them! I like to because it looks more professional. The only thing I don't like is I stop sometimes during the show and come around the table to pass products, etc. Then it looks kinda stupid. It's easier to wipe off your hands w/no gloves. I still prefer to use them though.

Wearing glovesIf I have a cut on my hand and/or am wearing a bandaid (sp?), then yes, i do wear gloves. Other than that, I just make a conscious effort to let everyone know that I have washed my hands. During the show, when I wash my hands, I also let them know.
I really try not to touch the food. That is why i LOVE the handy dandy food scaper.
You know, this morning my mom told me on the phone she used her food scraper to help her paint the dining room (something about it smoothing the paint in the corners)....She also said it always reminded her of a check book and this bothered her.
Oye de Mi!

:p :p

Related to Do You Wear Gloves During Demo?

1. Can I wear gloves during a Pampered Chef demo?

Yes, you can wear gloves during a Pampered Chef demo. We understand that some people may prefer to wear gloves while handling food, and that's completely fine. We want you to feel comfortable and confident during your demos.

2. What type of gloves should I wear during a demo?

You can wear any type of gloves that you feel comfortable with. Some people prefer disposable gloves, while others may choose reusable ones. It's completely up to personal preference.

3. Are gloves required for food safety during a demo?

No, gloves are not required for food safety during a demo. Our products are designed to be safe and easy to use without the need for gloves. However, if you feel more comfortable wearing them, you are more than welcome to do so.

4. Can I use gloves while using Pampered Chef products?

Yes, you can use gloves while using Pampered Chef products. Our products are designed to be safe and easy to use with or without gloves. Just make sure to follow the proper instructions for each product to ensure safe and successful use.

5. Do I need to bring my own gloves to a Pampered Chef demo?

No, you do not need to bring your own gloves to a Pampered Chef demo. Our consultants always come prepared with any necessary materials and supplies, including gloves. However, if you have a specific type or brand of gloves that you prefer, you are welcome to bring your own.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
  • nickywsn
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
soccermama
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies