• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Use the Hwc Press Release? Does It Work?

In summary, Linda used the HO provided Press Release to try and get more business from her local papers. She found that it was too wordy for them and that the most important information was at the beginning. She also recommends local radio stations as a potential outlet for the release.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
This is my second year with PC's HWC Campaign. Last year I pretty much fumbled my way through it and this year I want to do better. My questions to you all are:

1) Do you use the Press Release that HO gives us?
2) How do you do it? Do you just send it to your local paper? Do you customize it in any special way or just fill in the blanks? Do the papers charge you for using the press release?
3) Do you get any results from it?

thanks,
Linda

There are a couple of other threads out there with some helpful information on them... you should be able to find it if you do a serach for "release!"

There is no charge for a Press Release - it just isn't "guaranteed" to go in, they put it in as filler.

It should be left as is and not edited except contact information. The fact that you are allowed a Press Release and using it is because that is the information HO wants out.

The only adjustment we made (myself and my recruiter) was to put both our names for contacts rather than just one.

We're trying it and seeing what happens!!!!

Where do you send it?

We took it to two local papers.

What do you think of local radio stations? Would they use it?

I personally thought it was "too wordy" for them, but they may put it up on their websites for you.

Mandy on another thread readjusted it b/c she used to work in that field and commented that papers edit from the end up so the most important stuff--the PC stuff--needs to be at the beginning. Do a search b/c hers was way better.

cmdtrgd said:
What do you think of local radio stations? Would they use it?

I don't know that radio is allowed. I do remember radio was discussed in the old RFS but can't remember what it said so you might want to check the biz guide.

My local paper last year said it was too long so I needed to condense it. So i did, and got one order and a girl who wanted to sign. Well, the problem was is that she sold before and signed up with her old recruiter in California!!:eek: Oh well, we've become good friends now! I'm doing the press release again this year so we'll see if it goes in.:)

Ok, I give up. I must have missed last year's "Press Release" :confused:

What exactly is one? Do you tweak it to add your personal contact information? Is it letting people know they can buy the HWC items? Do you just turn it in to a newspaper and they print it for free? Does it cost $$? WOuld you recommend a smaller paper over a large city paper?

Sorry for all the questions. My May stunk last year, and I really tried hard to sell the products :( I want to have a better May this time around. So any comments will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

1. What is the Hwc Press Release?

The Hwc Press Release is a tool used by Pampered Chef consultants to share information about new and upcoming products, promotions, and events with their customers.

2. How does the Hwc Press Release work?

The Hwc Press Release is typically shared via email or social media and contains images and descriptions of the featured products or promotions. Customers can then click on the links provided to learn more or make a purchase.

3. Is the Hwc Press Release effective in promoting products?

Yes, the Hwc Press Release has proven to be a successful tool in promoting products and driving sales. It allows customers to easily access information and make purchases, which can lead to increased sales for consultants.

4. Do I have to be a Pampered Chef consultant to receive the Hwc Press Release?

Yes, the Hwc Press Release is only available to active Pampered Chef consultants. If you are interested in receiving the press release, you can join as a consultant by contacting your local Pampered Chef representative.

5. Can I customize the Hwc Press Release for my customers?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the ability to add your own personal touch to the Hwc Press Release before sharing it with your customers. This can include adding your contact information, a personalized message, or a call to action for your customers to place an order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
jenniferknapp
  • loreo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies