• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Download HWC Press Release for Effective Local Promotion | Consultant's Corner

In summary, the Help Whip Cancer campaign HWC press release is not currently available on the Consultant's Corner website or in the downloads section.
chefmelody
On the HWC info flyer, it says "We've created an easy-to-use, customizable press release that you can send to local newspapers and community organizations. Send it out in early April to promote the campaign throughout the month. You'll find the downloadable release on Consultant's Corner beginning mid-March."

By my calendar, it's past mid-March. :rolleyes: Has anyone downloaded this? Am I just missing where it is on CC?

Under downloads toward the bottom

I also could not find the Press Release for the HWC.

I've looked also and not been able to find it. I've found the "Round-Up From the Heart® Press Release " and would expect the HWC press release to be there also. The only HWC download I see is the thing we got in our consultant news.

dannyzmom said:
Under downloads toward the bottom

I must be blind, still. All I see near the bottom are the "Products and Recipes" category and "New Consultant Resources" category. The only HWC item I can see in the Download Center is the "HWC 2007 Campaign Information" under "Promoting Your Business."

I was looking for the same thing and was just about to post if anyone had worked one up... some of my local papers only come out once a month, so I wanted to get it into both the April and May editions...

There's probably more info about when it will be available in Weekly Bites. I seem to recall something about late March or first of April. (But don't quote me on that)

chefann said:
There's probably more info about when it will be available in Weekly Bites. I seem to recall something about late March or first of April. (But don't quote me on that)

Consultant's news and a search of the website both say mid-March. I'm sending the HO an email and asking

Thanks for checking. I'm at work and don't like to keep opening browser windows to check things - more to close when the boss walks by. :)

ivykeep said:
Consultant's news and a search of the website both say mid-March. I'm sending the HO an email and asking

I sent them an email two days ago and still haven't heard back about it. Hopefully with more of us bugging them, they'll get it out! :cool:

It's ther e- it's there! I saw it yeterday.
Click on PROMOTING YOUR BUSINESS
then on
Press Release Templates
Round-Up from the Heart®

dannyzmom said:
It's ther e- it's there! I saw it yeterday.
Click on PROMOTING YOUR BUSINESS
then on
Press Release Templates
Round-Up from the Heart®

Umm, we are looking for the HWC Press Release...

I had a RFL co-captain call me tonight who is interested in doing a fundraiser with her team. I gave her a quick overview of how the May HWC campaign works, but need to send her some additional information. She wants to look it over with the other captain and then decide if this is what they want to do. I would like to get the info to her ASAP. I want something like the consultant's info under CC, but without the commission information and ideas for getting people to do fundraisers. Is there something out there I could use? I've searched CC and CS, but haven't found what I'm really needing. Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

jenniferknapp said:
Umm, we are looking for the HWC Press Release...

That's IT - that's the PRESS RELEASE - click on that and it will create a personalized press release for you!

Carolyn,
That is the "Round Up From the Heart" Press Release, not the "Help Whip Cancer" Press Release. ;)

chefjenibel said:
Carolyn,
That is the "Round Up From the Heart" Press Release, not the "Help Whip Cancer" Press Release. ;)

Oh SH*T
I just sent that off to a local paper without thinking---crap crap crap - where TF is the HWC one!?!?!??!

dannyzmom said:
Oh SH*T
I just sent that off to a local paper without thinking---crap crap crap - where TF is the HWC one!?!?!??!

UH OH!

darn length requirement

FINALLY got an email back about it! Here's what they said.

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. I found the template under the heading for "Promoting your Business". I was confused not to find it under the downloadable items but kept on looking.....Hope you have great success and we beat breast cancer!

So even the help desk person was confused. :p Anyway, you have to actually click on the "Promoting Your Business" TAB to find it. :rolleyes:

I found it. It wasn't there yesterday, for sure. Where are you guys going to place it? I am thinking in the local paper.

I must be blind.... I still can't find it!! :( What am I doing wrong?

I'm not finding it either...

It's there! I just generated a release. It is under Promoting Your Business, then Press Release Templates.

Mary

I see it now....but that doesn't make any sense!!! It should have the exact same things under Promoting Your Business as it does when you click on the Promoting your Business tab! Oh well.....thanks :)

I still don't see that. I don't have anything under Promoting your Business that says Press Release Templates. Am I blind or looking in the wrong place??

What do you put for the release date? I don't want to do it wrong! Someone please help! I found it and filled it out...just don't know what date to put in it. TIA

ElizabethPurvis said:
I still don't see that. I don't have anything under Promoting your Business that says Press Release Templates. Am I blind or looking in the wrong place??
Instead of just rolling over "promoting your business," click on it. It will bring up a new page of items...and there you will see it!
gratergirl said:
What do you put for the release date? I don't want to do it wrong! Someone please help! I found it and filled it out...just don't know what date to put in it. TIA
Not sure, it seem to me like that would be the date that it first is printed in the paper....which we wouldn't know until we talked to someone from there???

Okay, maybe I'll just wait to find out more. Thanks Jennifer!

Press Release date is always the date that you release the information to the Press, not when they print it.

ivykeep said:
Press Release date is always the date that you release the information to the Press, not when they print it.

Oh! Good to know.....thanks :)

Question... How do you submit this to local papers and not step on any toes of other local consultants?? We are a small area, and only 1 main paper...

I did submit the release to our local paper, and this is the response I got --Regarding your Pampered Chef press release:I'm afraid we only have space to publish news items that are specific to
this area. If someone is planning a local, public event that is a fundraiser
for cancer research (or another purpose), we would publish a news brief to
announce it.Bummer.. :(

Could you add that you are doing a HWC Fundraiser? Maybe that would give them the info you need and you could do a kick-off so there is a time/location.Contact some other companies to do a joint effort for a local Cancer Support group. They have those here and I do a HWC Fundraiser and donate my commission to the local cancer support group and to someone that's doing a Susan G. Komen Walk. Maybe that's not allowed though since it's more advertising? I wanted to submit a press release too but wasn't sure how to do it. It's kind of long for our small paper to put it in too.Has anyone here successfully placed the press release in their paper?

Yeah, my paper has said in the past that they can't print the whole press release. They just paraphrased & put the most important info in. (I live in a town about 4000, so we have a bi-weekly paper-small!)

Yeah....I guess I need to do a fundraiser for it to get in my paper! Is there a minimum for a fundraiser? I would hate to advertise for it, and then have it not qualify... I am not sure just how much time I can put in to it...

jenniferknapp said:
Yeah....I guess I need to do a fundraiser for it to get in my paper! Is there a minimum for a fundraiser? I would hate to advertise for it, and then have it not qualify... I am not sure just how much time I can put in to it...

Usual minimum of $150.

Hmmm...okay, thanks! I will think about whether I feel I can take this on or not! :)

1. What is the purpose of the HWC press release on Consultant's Corner?

The HWC press release on Consultant's Corner is designed to help consultants promote the campaign in their local communities. It provides an easy-to-use, customizable press release that can be sent to local newspapers and community organizations to generate buzz and interest in the campaign.

2. When is the best time to send out the HWC press release?

The press release should be sent out in early April to promote the campaign throughout the month. This will give enough time for local newspapers and organizations to include the information in their publications and events calendars.

3. How can I access the downloadable press release on Consultant's Corner?

The press release will be available on Consultant's Corner beginning mid-March. To access it, log onto Consultant's Corner and navigate to the HWC info flyer. You will find the downloadable press release there.

4. Is it too late to download the HWC press release?

No, it is not too late to download the press release. While it is recommended to send it out in early April, you can still send it out at a later date to promote the campaign in your local area.

5. Has anyone successfully downloaded the HWC press release from Consultant's Corner?

Yes, consultants have been able to successfully download the press release from Consultant's Corner. If you are having trouble finding it, make sure to check the HWC info flyer and look for the downloadable link. If you are still having trouble, you can reach out to your team leader or the Pampered Chef support team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pattikake
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ddcook
  • hump5