• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Share My Love for Kitchen Aprons?

In summary, Just curious if anyone loves these things as much as I do? I have 4 of them, and love them all! The coats come off as "stuffy" to people, or would it be a good accent? It would be a great signature!
PalmettoChef
Silver Member
Just curious if anyone loves these things as much as I do? I have 4 of them, and love them all!

I have a plain white... A washed denim... a black... and a White one with Garnet piping around the trim.

Is it just me? I think when I'm in the kitchen, it adds to the flair. I consider myself a chef first, as I enter the world of PC. Would the coats come off as "stuffy" to people, or would it be a good accent?

It would be a great signature! It sets you apart from the other consultants in your area (besides the being a guy thing).

I agree...I think you would look like you know what you are doing!! (From the sounds of things...you DO know what you are doing in the kitchen!!)

You will have to post a picture for us!

We have a fellow consultant in eastern Canada that wears the chef coat to his shows.
By the way he does a great business, the ladies all flock to buy from him, cause if a guy is selling it then the husbands must approve!!
Good Luck with your new business

It definitely bespeaks flair and knowing what you're doing. Don't have one though... I only have 2 aprons even... one I made for Halloween time (couldn't resist the fabric!) and my PC one... I keep thinking of making more for daily use but I tend to just use lots of tea towels and even have been known to tuck one of those as a make-shift apron into my waistline.. would NEVER do that for a show though... LOL

I've got one that was available for a short time through VIP. It's white, but the collar and cuffs are made of black fabric with white line drawings of PC tools. I also have the matching pants and hat.

Someplace in the house. And they're currently too small - need to lose some weight so I can wear them again.

Where do you get them? I have thought about it and I think it's a great idea!

I have a couple - from my previous life.

I purposely DON'T wear them to shows, just like I don't like to tell potential recruits that I have been a personal chef & caterer. When I used to do that, then they would say "Oh - that's why you can be good at this, I'm not a chef, I don't think I could ever do it."
Now I make a point to only do recipes that are simple, and that everyone there could see themselves doing - and I don't even wear my apron, because I want to be approachable and more like one of the crowd. Just like carrying your whole kitchen to shows with you makes your job look hard, I think dressing like a professional chef can make your job look too intimidating.

That is why Rachel Ray is so popular - she acts, talks, and looks like just everyone else - and she doesn't call herself a chef, just a cook.

Becky, that was a concern on my part! I think my general attitude would break down any potential walls, and show that I am quite approachable. As to where to get them... I use ChefWear. I think for the plain white one, after shipping, it was less than $25. I don't recall quite where I got the one with the piping on it... Hmmm... But the others came from ChefWear.

It started out as a joke. When my wife was pregnant with our first child, she would get sick if she smelled anything cooking. So EVERYTHING I cooked for about 8 of those months had to be done on a grill outside!

It was during that time I learned to dominate a grill, and took a fancy to cooking. The chef's coat was a joke froma friend one Christmas...

Mine have all come from Chefwear too. They even have cute chefwear for kids too!:chef:

Related to Do You Share My Love for Kitchen Aprons?

What material are your kitchen aprons made of?

Our kitchen aprons are made of high-quality, durable cotton that is both comfortable and easy to clean.

Do your aprons have adjustable straps?

Yes, all of our aprons feature adjustable straps to ensure a comfortable and custom fit for all body types.

Do you offer aprons in different sizes?

Yes, our aprons come in a range of sizes to accommodate all cooks, from small to extra-large.

Can I personalize my apron with my name or a design?

Absolutely! We offer personalization services for our aprons, including custom embroidery and heat transfer designs.

Do your aprons have any special features for convenience?

Many of our aprons include pockets for storing cooking utensils or recipe cards, as well as adjustable neck straps for added comfort.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcchefjane
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • pcmealswithme
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
csnteacher
  • Yakmama