• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Like Coconut Cream Pie?

In summary, Shari from TX is looking for a recipe to make a Coconut Cream Pie Trifle, but is having difficulty finding a recipe that does not include sugar. She is considering substituting Nutri-whip for the whipped topping, and using mini Nilla Wafers instead of regular wafers. The recipe will be saved in her Recipes by Products file.
raebates
Staff member
I'm not a fan, and as a diabetic I can't become one. I'm looking for someone who likes coconut cream pie to help me develop a Coconut Cream Pie Trifle.I have a host who loves themes. She's planning a Gilligan's Island PC Show. The only food item they talk about a lot on that show is coconut cream pie. I'm thinking of doing it this way:Nilla Wafers
topped with​
Coconut Layer - French vanilla pudding made with coconut milk & mixed with shredded coconut
topped​
Whipped Topping
Repeat layers​
Sprinkle top with toasted coconutWhat do you think?Note: I'd use unsweetened coconut.

What? Nobody likes coconut cream pie? Everyone thinks this is just too disgusting to even attempt, but they're afraid to hurt my feelings?

Sorry. I don't do coconut or I'd try it! Aside from the coconut it sounds great!

SherryLynn said:
Sorry. I don't do coconut or I'd try it! Aside from the coconut it sounds great!
LOL! Then, I'd say you aren't going to be making this any time soon. Thanks for the input. I'm planning to make a small version this weekend. My husband is always a willing guinea pig. I'll post the response.

I think the Nilla Wafers, Cool Whip and toasted coconut parts all sound great! I don't know that I'd do coconut milk in the pudding layer -- I'm not sure how it would set up. I think putting the coconut in the pudding might give it enough coconut flavor though. I don't know if all stores carry it all the time, but according to jello's website, they actually have a coconut cream pudding so if you could find that, you could try it.Hope it works out for you.Shari in TX

Thank you, Shari. I had no idea Jello made a coconut cream pudding. I checked online, and my local Walmart has it in stock. I'll use that with regular milk.

I love coconut cream oie. It's my favorite dessert! You could use the coconut pudding or even make your own coconut custard. I have done it before but layering it with homemade tea biscuts. I like to use the Nutri-whip for whipped cream. Try it, you'll like it!

I've never heard of Nutri-Whip. I like to make the trifles as quick and easy to make as possible, since that's what my customers ask for. That's why I was focused on instant pudding.The Furry Guy took my first try to work. It was a hit. This is the first new recipe I've worked on since he started in a new department. His coworkers are thrilled to find out they'll be guinea pigs for my recipe creations. LOL! Using their critique as a guide, I'll switch to mini-nilla wafers and make that layer a little thicker. Other than saying it needed a little more cookie, they loved it.

Big hit! The Furry Guy took a full trifle to work yesterday, and they loved it. Here's the recipe:Coconut Cream Pie Trifle
Ingredients1 box Mini Nilla Wafers
2 boxes (4 servings each) Coconut Cream Pie Jello Instant Pudding
4 c milk
1 8 oz container whipped topping, thawed
¼ c unsweetened coconutDirectionsMix together instant pudding and milk. Let sit until set.In a small pan toast the coconut. Stir pudding thoroughly to redistribute the coconut bits.Layer half of the Mini Nilla Wavers in the bottom of a Trifle Bowl.Spread half of the pudding over the wafers.Spread half of the whipped topping over the pudding.Repeat layers with remaining wafers, pudding, and whipped topping.Sprinkle toasted coconut over top.Note: This is best if allowed to sit at least a couple of hours.

Thanks for sharing. I'm the only one that likes coconut in my family, so I will be saving your recipe in my Recipes by Products file.

I love coconut cream pie! Thanks for the recipe. :) I haven't had it in ages because I'm on a sugar free and no white carb lifestyle now. There's probably a way I can make one, but I'll have to experiment.

I'll save this recipe for a show or for a dessert to share with others. My son and I are the only coconut lovers, and we don't need it all alone! But I could easily make a mini version in a smaller bowl.

1. What is coconut cream pie?

Coconut cream pie is a delicious dessert made with a flaky pie crust, creamy coconut custard filling, and topped with whipped cream and toasted coconut flakes.

2. Is coconut cream pie difficult to make?

While it may seem intimidating, coconut cream pie is actually quite simple to make. With the right ingredients and following a good recipe, anyone can make a delicious coconut cream pie.

3. Can I use store-bought pie crust for coconut cream pie?

Yes, you can use store-bought pie crust for coconut cream pie. However, for a more homemade and flaky crust, we recommend making your own using our Pampered Chef pie crust recipe.

4. How do I prevent the custard from becoming lumpy?

The key to preventing lumpy custard is to constantly whisk the custard while it is cooking. This will help evenly distribute the heat and prevent any lumps from forming.

5. Can I make coconut cream pie in advance?

Absolutely! You can make coconut cream pie a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Just be sure to cover it with plastic wrap to prevent the custard from drying out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
abigailhutch
  • pampchefsarah