• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious English Trifle Recipe with Strawberries and Ice Cream

In summary, the English Trifle is made with layers of angel food cake, prepared pudding and gelatin, frozen crushed strawberries, bananas, and whipped topping. Some recipes also include lady fingers, fruit, liquor, custard, and real whipped cream. The jello is made with strawberries and is poured over the cake layer. The trifle is finished off with a layer of whipped topping and garnished with whole strawberries. Some variations may include brandy-soaked lady fingers and melted ice cream mixed with the pudding. The trifle is typically served in one bowl and is scooped out when serving.
CindysPChef
Has anyone ever made this Trifle??? I was wondering about the jello. How does that work with it? Is it completely set when layering?

Hope you can help!

English Trifle
This English Trifle is made with strawberries and ice cream.
Ingredients:
• 1 angel food cake
• 2- 5.9 ounce boxes instant vanilla pudding mix, prepared
• 1 package frozen crushed strawberries
• 2 small packages strawberry flavored gelatin, prepared
• 1/2 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
• 16 ounce container whipped topping
• 4 bananas
Preparation:
Break cake in bite size pieces in bottom of large punch bowl. Fold ice cream into prepared pudding. Pour half of mixture over cake. Fold strawberries into prepared gelatin. Pour half over pudding mix. Slice 2 bananas over this.
Repeat layering process with pudding, gelatin and bananas. Spread whipped topping on top. Garnish with whole strawberries.

My grandmother makes an English trifle but on has some of those ingredients in it! (she was born and raised in England). Her recipe is made w/lady fingers, jello, fruit, liquour, custard, and real whipped cream! That is the only English trifle I've ever known!

My guess is you make the jello with the strawberries in it. (Gram's trifle has fruit "molded" into the jello).

HTH

vwpamperedchef said:
My grandmother makes an English trifle but on has some of those ingredients in it! (she was born and raised in England). Her recipe is made w/lady fingers, jello, fruit, liquour, custard, and real whipped cream! That is the only English trifle I've ever known!

My guess is you make the jello with the strawberries in it. (Gram's trifle has fruit "molded" into the jello).

HTH

So when it is firm you scoop it on as a layer?

Cindy

Do you like it?

This recipe sounds wierd!!

Vanessa is right, an English trifle is sponge cake or lady fingers (brandy soaked if desired!), then fruit and jello - the jello is prepared and then sort of chopped up a bit and spooned over the cake layer, then proper custard, then whipped cream (NEVER cool whip:yuck:) . I'll see if I can find a proper recipe for you. The melted ice cream/pudding just sounds... odd!

Might have to find the recipe tomorrow as it's getting late...

Bump.. I'm still wanting the proper custard!! Please!!

gingertannery said:
Bump.. I'm still wanting the proper custard!! Please!!

My grandmother uses Byrd's custard powder.

CindysPChef said:
Do you like it?

No I do not, but my husband does! (I am not a drinker and therefore I think the liquour is an acquired taste)!

CindysPChef said:
So when it is firm you scoop it on as a layer?

Cindy

Sorry I don't know how to reply within one post.

No, she layers it all in one bowl. The only scooping occurs when you are actually serving it.

1. What ingredients are needed for the delicious English trifle recipe with strawberries and ice cream?

The ingredients for this trifle recipe include: sponge cake, strawberries, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, custard, and sherry.

2. Can I substitute the strawberries with other fruits?

Yes, you can use any fruits of your choice in this trifle recipe. Some popular substitutes for strawberries are raspberries, blueberries, and peaches.

3. How do I assemble the trifle layers?

Start by layering the sponge cake at the bottom of a trifle dish. Then, add a layer of strawberries and a layer of vanilla ice cream. Repeat these layers until the dish is almost full. Top it off with a layer of whipped cream and drizzle custard over the top.

4. Can I make this trifle recipe ahead of time?

Yes, this trifle can be made a day in advance. However, it is best to add the final layer of whipped cream and custard right before serving to keep the layers fresh and intact.

5. Can I use a different type of alcohol instead of sherry?

Yes, you can use any type of alcohol that pairs well with strawberries, such as brandy or port. If you prefer a non-alcoholic version, you can substitute the sherry with fruit juice or even lemonade.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampered1224
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies