• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Get Anxiety Before a Show?

In summary, the author is anxious about her upcoming show. She feels like she needs good sales, but her host only has five people coming. She tells the host that she will mail invitations, but the host insists on inviting her friends. The author has been doing this for a year and still gets nervous. She suggests telling the host that you are new to this and nervous. People will empathize with you. She recommends talking about food Network and how it can help you. She thanks her readers for their support.
babywings76
Gold Member
I tell ya, I sure do! I have a show tonight and I've been worrying about it for 2 days. I'm so nervous. I feel like I want it to be fun and informative, but I want good sales so I'm afraid I'll end up coming off desperate! I NEED bookings! But my host only has 5 people coming and only 1 outside order. I told her I'd mail her invites and she only gave me 2 names!!! She insisting on inviting her friends as she saw them. She's in mom's groups, Bunco, book club, etc. Man-the possibilities were so there! Now I'm afraid with the small turnout, she'll hardly qualify as a show! I need to have good sales at this show. I'm so worried....

And, do I mention the recruiting incentive during closing? Or just a general recruiting message, and follow up at check out? I mean, really, the promo ends Sunday, that would be pretty pressured.

And this is the last show on my calendar until NOVEMBER!! Aahh! My leads are drying up!

I get nervous... especially when it's been a while since I've done a cooking show...
I haven't had a cooking show since May and my first one is Sept 11... close to 4 months ni the middle!!!!!

I get nervous...especially if it's been a while, or I feel it "needs" to go well!

But...the shows where I am relaxed and enjoy myself usually go WAY better!

Now my first show was almost comical...I was so nervous that my VOICE SHOOK!

I don't get as nervous as I did at first, but I still get a little flutter. I prefer to think of it as excitement.People who perform for a living or for a hobby know that most performers get nervous before a performance. It's part of what helps them to do a good job, to keep sharp. What we're doing is basically performing, so it makes sense that we'd get a little flutter, even if it's been a while.

babywings76 said:
I tell ya, I sure do! I have a show tonight and I've been worrying about it for 2 days. I'm so nervous. I feel like I want it to be fun and informative, but I want good sales so I'm afraid I'll end up coming off desperate! I NEED bookings! But my host only has 5 people coming and only 1 outside order. I told her I'd mail her invites and she only gave me 2 names!!! She insisting on inviting her friends as she saw them. She's in mom's groups, Bunco, book club, etc. Man-the possibilities were so there! Now I'm afraid with the small turnout, she'll hardly qualify as a show! I need to have good sales at this show. I'm so worried....

And, do I mention the recruiting incentive during closing? Or just a general recruiting message, and follow up at check out? I mean, really, the promo ends Sunday, that would be pretty pressured.

And this is the last show on my calendar until NOVEMBER!! Aahh! My leads are drying up!
why does your host only have 5 people coming? was it a bad time or was that all she planned on inviting. honestly, don't think I would have taken on the show for that few people.

but, let's get to the nervousness. I've been doing this for almost a year and I still get nervous. Can't help it. Want everything to go well. But remember that there are only 6 people who you are talking to. I had only one show in June and things were very slow. Felt out of touch with PC so I watched the cooking show dvd and did a few of the online courses again to refresh my memory. Then I went in to the show thinking, whatever happens, happens.:)

I think the best thing you can do is to tell them that you are still new to this and nervous. People will empathize with you. Tell them about the fabulous support pc and its consultants have given you and how you got started, ...

With that few people you can really get them involved even more in the cooking process. Food Network at your door as some say. Recruiting for the special might be tough but you can still mention it. Good luck!!

I get anxiety for a day or so leading up to it and then the day of...youd think after 2 yrs id be ok,,, but nope! I get the same!

I don't get nervous anymore. I keep things simple and streamlined by doing the same recipe whenever possible, so I have that part down. :) Then like Kelly said, I just have fun and relax.

I still do too. Funny thing is, I work so hard for the booking, and as I'm getting ready I'm thinking "I don't wanna go!" But when I get there, I feel better. I think it's because I'm always apprehensive about the number of guests and the type of people there.

doughmama said:
why does your host only have 5 people coming? was it a bad time or was that all she planned on inviting. honestly, don't think I would have taken on the show for that few people.

You never know! I've had 4 people present with great sales and 10 people present with crappy sales.

linojackie said:
I still do too. Funny thing is, I work so hard for the booking, and as I'm getting ready I'm thinking "I don't wanna go!" But when I get there, I feel better. I think it's because I'm always apprehensive about the number of guests and the type of people there.

I do the SAME THING!! Drives me NUTS about myself! I think part of my problem is still self esteem and feeling like I don't "deserve" to do well at this. Just my little gremlin on my shoulder talking me down!

I am a newbie too...after my first 2 shows where I must have sounded like a nut case I put this new concept into my mind.

I LOVE to entertain and I LOVE to cook. I love to show off my cookie too (I LOVE the flattery!!!) So, as I am preparing the recipe either alone or with the help of the group I just imagine that I am with a group of friends and we are chit chatting it up.

I had a show last week with 6 people.... 800+ in sales and 3 bookings...I think it is because we were JUST COOKN'!

Hope this helps just a little

1. What causes anxiety before a show?

Anxiety before a show can be caused by a variety of factors, such as fear of failure, pressure to perform, or concerns about the audience's reaction. It can also be a result of past negative experiences or personal insecurities.

2. How can I manage my anxiety before a show?

There are many strategies that can help manage anxiety before a show, such as deep breathing exercises, positive self-talk, visualization techniques, and relaxation techniques like yoga or meditation. It's important to find what works best for you and practice it regularly.

3. Is it normal to feel anxious before a show?

Yes, it is completely normal to feel anxious before a show. Many performers and public speakers experience pre-show jitters. It's important to remember that a little bit of anxiety can actually help you perform better, but it's also important to learn how to manage it so it doesn't become overwhelming.

4. How can I calm my nerves before a show?

There are a few things you can do to calm your nerves before a show. Taking deep breaths, practicing relaxation techniques, and focusing on positive thoughts can all help. It can also be helpful to have a pre-show routine or ritual that helps you feel more grounded and confident.

5. Are there any products that can help with pre-show anxiety?

While there are no specific products designed for pre-show anxiety, there are some tools that may help. For example, using essential oils, such as lavender or chamomile, can have a calming effect. Some people also find certain teas, like chamomile or peppermint, to be helpful in reducing anxiety. Ultimately, finding healthy coping mechanisms and techniques that work for you will be the most effective in managing pre-show anxiety.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mmilus
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • kittychef