• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Ever Get Bogus Requests?

In summary, The person is curious about bogus leads from the "contact me" link on a website and shares their experience of receiving an email from someone expressing interest in becoming a Pampered Chef® Consultant. However, upon trying to contact this person, the number is disconnected and the email is undeliverable. Others suggest trying to find the person through online searches, but the original person believes it was just a prank. They also mention hoping to hear from others who have had similar experiences.
KristinS
I'm just curious how many of you have ever gotten bogus leads from the "contact me" link on your website.

Yesterday I had the highest of highs and the lowest of lows within minutes. Got an email from the contact me link:

This person is interested in the following matters:

Becoming a Pampered Chef® Consultant.

When is the best time to contact you? Morning
Refer: no information entered
Comments or Message: I'm very interested in joining pampered chef!! Before Christmas! I have 3 people who said they'd have a show for me if I start as soon as possible.

So of course I'm totally psyched! I call the number listed.... disconnected. Send an email.... returned undeliverable. So bummed.

Seriously. Who takes the time to do something like that?!?

Have you tried to search the name on White Pages.com. Or try to do a reverse number look-up.

Maybe you can find the person.

Ooooh, forward the e-mail to me at [email protected]!

I'm a retired Police Dispatcher and I just LOVE to try & find people!!! :D

I'm in Japan, I promise I won't steal your lead. But wouldn't it be funny if we found her & you shocked her by actually calling??? :p

I've never had anything like that happen. What a complete bummer. It would be cool if you did actually find her!!!

Sheila said:
Ooooh, forward the e-mail to me at [email protected]!

I'm a retired Police Dispatcher and I just LOVE to try & find people!!! :D

I'm in Japan, I promise I won't steal your lead. But wouldn't it be funny if we found her & you shocked her by actually calling??? :p

That is soooo funny! I sure hope she sends you the contact info.

Sheila, I just sent you a PM.Though I do assume it's probably a fake name, too. I just don't get why someone would go to the trouble to do that!

c00p said:
I've never had anything like that happen. What a complete bummer. It would be cool if you did actually find her!!!

Unless it was a prank! Then, it would be quite interesting to be a fly on the wall at her house to see the reaction on her face!! ;)

That sucks though. Hopefully this person just mis-typed her info and that you find her.

Probably for the same reason people place prank phone calls or do any other number of stupid, thoughtless, rude things. I'm sorry this happened to you.On the bright side, it may turn out that she's sincere, but typed with "fat fingers."

I assume it's just a prank. It just seems like it's obviously someone who knows a little bit about our business, since they mention having 3 shows before the holidays.I was hoping to get some replies from others who'd had it happen to them so I didn't feel so bummed.

It really MAY be that she mistyped. I have someone that I'd been emailing but at her company email. She gives me her home one and sure enough, it comes back. Luckily, it was her name and I saw the error.

I also may phone calls for my dad's companies and some phone will say that they are disconnected, but it I try the next week, there they are. It's very odd and when I see the people, they have no idea! I even have one customer that can't call me. It just won't go through. Yes, when I was at her house, I tried my phone number and it wanted a code! Luckily, she emails and I can call her :).

Hopefully, it works out and it's just something odd like that. I don't really know why people would bother otherwise, especially if they would have to know your name/website to even contact you (unless you are a director).

1. How often do you receive bogus requests?

As with any business, we do occasionally receive bogus requests. However, we have a thorough screening process in place to ensure that all requests are legitimate before we fulfill them. This helps minimize the frequency of receiving bogus requests.

2. What do you consider a bogus request?

A bogus request is any request that is not genuine or is made with malicious intent. This can include fake orders, fraudulent returns, or attempts to obtain free products through deceitful means.

3. How do you handle bogus requests when you do receive them?

If we determine that a request is bogus, we will not fulfill it and may take further action depending on the severity of the request. This can include reporting the individual to the proper authorities or taking legal action against them.

4. Can I get a refund if my request is deemed bogus?

If you have placed a legitimate order with us and it is later determined to be bogus, you will receive a refund for the amount paid. However, if you intentionally make a bogus request, you will not be eligible for a refund.

5. How can I help prevent bogus requests?

If you suspect that someone is making a bogus request or attempting to scam our company, please report it to us immediately. We also recommend being cautious when sharing personal information and only making requests through our official channels to ensure the authenticity of the request.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • ivykeep
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • NooraK