• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Cut Butter From the Top or Side?

In summary, Debbie believes that it is easier to slice from the side, because measurements are easier to make that way. Dave, on the other hand, slices from the top because he believes it is the way his family does it and it bugs him.

I slice butter from

• the top

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • the side

Votes: 33 89.2%

• Total voters
AJPratt
Silver Member
Say there's stick of butter, in a tray. Do you slice it from the side or from the top? I have ALWAYS sliced it from the side. Dave (DH), however, likes to slice it from the top. And says that's the way he's always done it and so has his family. It bugs me a little because I can't get an accurate measurement for my recipes because it is marked ON THE SIDE. :mad: So then I got to thinking... is it me? What would the Cheffers say? I know you would tell me if its me. Rest assured, I will be checking his parent fridge!

Last edited:
Always from the side, for the same reason you mentioned...MEASUREMENTS!

I slice it from the side. Measurements and it just makes more sense. LOL:p

Slice it from the top? I can understand slicing where the measurements are, but the top? I don't think I get it. How? (Yeah, I'm dense. LoL.)

:eek: I messed up the vote! I slice it from the side but voted the other way - must be more tired than I thought!

Sorry

I like the side!I slice from the side because I love those square pats of butter on my pancakes, and toast.
I also use the tub of butter, which could be another poll. LOL

Which do you use the tub or the stick?

I bake alot so I use both. Yes the measurements only work on the side. I also believe it's easier to slice from the side because you are cutting down. From the top I am thinking that the butter might start sliding on you. :p

I'm up too late, thinking too much. Good night!! :D
Debbie

I slice from the side, but I remember my family skimming off the top when I was younger. I use a separate stick for baking, so I don't worry about the measurements...

The top? Ewwww....what a mess when it's almost gone. Cutting from the side keeps it way neater! ;)

Side, I hate it when DH does the top....MEN!

Io the side also when I use the stick of butter, we usually use the tub though

I just open my fridge and there is a stick of butter, that dips in the middle. When I bake I do wind up using another stick. Growing up, I was taught to use one thing before opening up another.

Andrea: AMEN!

Related to Do You Cut Butter From the Top or Side?

1. How do I cut butter from the top or side?

There are a few different methods for cutting butter from the top or side, but one common technique is to use a sharp knife to cut thin slices from the top of the butter stick. You can also use a cheese slicer or a butter cutter specifically designed for this purpose.

2. Does it matter which direction I cut the butter?

It is generally recommended to cut butter from the top rather than the side. This helps to maintain the shape of the stick and prevents it from crumbling or breaking apart.

3. Can I use a butter knife to cut butter from the top or side?

A butter knife may not be sharp enough to easily cut through a stick of butter, especially if it is cold. It is best to use a sharper knife or a specialized tool for cutting butter from the top or side.

4. Why would I want to cut butter from the top or side?

Cutting butter from the top or side can be helpful when you need precise measurements for baking or cooking. It allows you to control the amount of butter you are using and can result in more accurate and consistent results.

5. Are there any tips for cutting butter from the top or side?

One tip for cutting butter from the top or side is to let the butter sit at room temperature for a few minutes before cutting. This will make it softer and easier to work with. You can also dip your knife in hot water before cutting to help it glide through the butter more smoothly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • AJPratt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • kcjodih