• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do the Kitchen Shears Really Cut Thru Chicken Bones?

Right there with you Nicole! I dispise the new ones. I am always embarrased to use them at a show...just tonight, I opened my bag for brownie mix and the chocolate chips (did the warm caramel nutty brownies) BEFORE the guests arrived. I can never get them to work on the plastic, and I don't want to look like an idiot in front of everyone! The white ones are THE BEST and I will not be giving up my pair anytime soon! I even cut through CARPETING with those bad boys! (the white ones, not the black ones) The black ones seem very flimsy and I would be afraid to cut a penny with them. If anyone knows if it works,
susanr613
Gold Member
A customer wants to know.

Thanks!!

Yes they do! (Not through the leg bone but definitely through bones to cut a chicken apart.)

I use them to cut through chicken at every 30 Minute Chicken show I do - so just about every week!

Yes! They Work Wonders!

I have a question and not trying to steal the thread here - put I was using my kitchen scissors at a show tonight to cut up an herb, and they kept sticking together and I had to keep pulling them apart.
Should I get them replaced? I have the old white ones still.

Thanks-
Kelly V.

Yes they work wonders, My mother bought a pair and she loves them and say they work wonderful....I use them to cut my rose bushes with them and flowers and use them for everything in my house... I can't say enough great words about them

Are you talking about the new ones?

The old ones...white handle...would cut through ANYTHING...I've seen it cut through a penny, and not bend! They are wonderful!

the new ones.. i've sent back two...and these third pair are still the same as the first two...got to get it just right, and use the tip of the blade, then it will cut through a plastic bag!
Uggh!
I'm wondering if they plan on making new ones soon...??? ((PLEASE))

KellyRedHead said:
I have a question and not trying to steal the thread here - put I was using my kitchen scissors at a show tonight to cut up an herb, and they kept sticking together and I had to keep pulling them apart.
Should I get them replaced? I have the old white ones still.

Thanks-
Kelly V.
I would get them replaced if they are still under warranty (I believe the white ones were a 5 year warranty, the new ones are not that long...can't think of their warranty.) If they are outside of the warranty, try a bit of food grade oil where they connect. That may help!

ChefNic said:
Are you talking about the new ones?

The old ones...white handle...would cut through ANYTHING...I've seen it cut through a penny, and not bend! They are wonderful!

the new ones.. i've sent back two...and these third pair are still the same as the first two...got to get it just right, and use the tip of the blade, then it will cut through a plastic bag!
Uggh!
I'm wondering if they plan on making new ones soon...??? ((PLEASE))
Right there with you Nicole! I dispise the new ones. I am always embarrased to use them at a show...just tonight, I opened my bag for brownie mix and the chocolate chips (did the warm caramel nutty brownies) BEFORE the guests arrived. I can never get them to work on the plastic, and I don't want to look like an idiot in front of everyone! The white ones are THE BEST and I will not be giving up my pair anytime soon! I even cut through CARPETING with those bad boys! (the white ones, not the black ones) The black ones seem very flimsy and I would be afraid to cut a penny with them. If anyone knows if it works, that would be great to know...

I had the same problem with my shears, then I put some vegetable oil on them and now they work fine. I figured I would give that a try before I returned them and it worked!

My son loves the new ones and has used them to cut the thick rubber matting for his truck bed. He was really impressed that they worked so well that he was telling me to let my customers know what they can do. Of course, now I need to purchase a new pair for food prep and I can't seem to find my pair anyway. I think last time I saw them they were in the garage when he was installing a car stereo...:)

BeaLorene

Mine are the white ones. I love and really don't want to return them for fear I will get the new black ones. Especially after all the problems I have heared about them.
I will try some vegetable oil on them.

Kelly V.

My husband used the old ones to cut VINYL SIDING last year when we had a small fire, and burned some siding, we had to replace it...

The old ones, if they got sticky, some vegetable oil did the trick...but PC1...are you talking about putting oil on the new black ones?
Trying to figure out how that would do the trick...

BeaLorene said:
My son loves the new ones and has used them to cut the thick rubber matting for his truck bed. He was really impressed that they worked so well that he was telling me to let my customers know what they can do. Of course, now I need to purchase a new pair for food prep and I can't seem to find my pair anyway. I think last time I saw them they were in the garage when he was installing a car stereo...:)

BeaLorene

One more incidence of PC tool hijacking. The Furry Guy has learned to tell me when he's repurposing one of my PC kitchen tools. I consider that another anecdote to add to my shows.

ChefNic said:
My husband used the old ones to cut VINYL SIDING last year when we had a small fire, and burned some siding, we had to replace it...

The old ones, if they got sticky, some vegetable oil did the trick...but PC1...are you talking about putting oil on the new black ones?
Trying to figure out how that would do the trick...

Mine are the old white ones that are sticking. Hoping veg oil will do the trick.

I know a guy who goes deep sea fishing and uses really strong line. He was having a hard time finding something to cut through it, even scissors specifically designed for this purpose struggled. I tried the black shears and they went right through! :) The only problem is they are fishing on a boat in salt water and the shears aren't stainless so we are wondering if they will corrode.

I cut all my vinyl flooring squares with mine - the black ones. They worked better than anything else I tried.

Related to Do the Kitchen Shears Really Cut Thru Chicken Bones?

1. Can the kitchen shears really cut through chicken bones?

Yes, the kitchen shears from Pampered Chef are specifically designed to cut through chicken bones with ease. They have a strong, sharp blade that can handle tough cuts of meat.

2. Are the kitchen shears safe to use on chicken bones?

Yes, the kitchen shears are safe to use on chicken bones. They are made with high-quality materials and have been tested for safety and durability. However, it is always important to use caution when handling sharp objects.

3. Will the kitchen shears damage my cutting board?

No, the kitchen shears will not damage your cutting board. They have a smooth, non-serrated blade that will not scratch or gouge your cutting board surface.

4. Can I use the kitchen shears for other types of food besides chicken?

Yes, the kitchen shears are versatile and can be used for a variety of foods. They can easily cut through other types of meat, vegetables, and herbs. They are also great for opening packaging and snipping herbs.

5. Are the kitchen shears dishwasher safe?

Yes, the kitchen shears are dishwasher safe. However, for best results and to prolong the life of the shears, it is recommended to hand wash and dry them immediately after use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmelody
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefmelody
  • Nynaeve
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • cpaylor