• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do Not Call List - Can We Call Drawing Entrants?

In summary, the man said that we can't call people who didn't enter the drawing because we have drawing slips for prizes, which is not correct. He also mentions that we only call people who have expressed an interest in our products, so providing your number establishes a relationship.
gwyn26
I did a booth today and the gentleman I was talking too, made the comment about, "you know you can't call the people on your slips?" I asked him what he meant. He said that because we have drawing slips for prizes, we aren't allowed to call people who didn't check any 'yes' or 'maybe' boxes due to the do not call registry.

I guess I'm a bit confused and wonder what you guys are thinking? I intended to call all my contacts just to touch base.

Thoughts????

That's news to me. I've done several booths and am doing another big one next weekend. I award the free cooking show to everyone who enters so if I didn't contact them, how could they claim their prize? Was this guy a customer or another vendor? What makes you think he was talking with any knowledge?

I say contact all of those people.

If someone gives you their phone number, they are giving you permission to contact them.

cmdtrgd said:
If someone gives you their phone number, they are giving you permission to contact them.

Right. How would you contact the winner?

Some people put a check box on their drawing slips that says "contact only if I win"

False! :D

The law relates to telemarketers, which we are NOT. Telemarketers go down a list of phone numbers & call people at random. Also known as "cold calls". We do not do that. We only call people who have expressed an interest in our products. Therefore, we have a business relationship with them and are exempt from that particular law.

http://www.fcc.gov.akadns.net/cgb/donotcall/

And an excerpt from that web page:
The Do-Not-Call registry does not prevent all unwanted calls. It does not cover the following:
  • calls from organizations with which you have established a business relationship;
  • calls for which you have given prior written permission;
  • calls which are not commercial or do not include unsolicited advertisements;
  • calls by or on behalf of tax-exempt non-profit organizations.

If he was one of your contacts and fusses when you call him, let him know that the law only applies to telemarketers, not businesses with which he's established a relationship and offer to send him the above link. LOL

Thanks, Sheila! That is good info to have!

He is an insurance agent. So maybe his rules are different. Thanks for the info.

Maybe he simply misunderstands the rules. Providing your number establishes a relationship. I call everyone who stops by my booth. For those who say they're just interested in entering the drawing I thank them for stopping by my booth and ask them to keep me in mind if they ever need any PC products.

What is the Do Not Call List?

The Do Not Call List is a national registry of phone numbers that have requested not to receive telemarketing calls. This list is maintained by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).

Is it legal to call drawing entrants who are on the Do Not Call List?

No, it is not legal to call drawing entrants who are on the Do Not Call List. The FTC and FCC have specific rules and regulations regarding telemarketing calls, and calling individuals on the Do Not Call List can result in penalties and fines.

Can we call drawing entrants who have given us their phone number?

Yes, if a drawing entrant has given you their phone number, you can call them. However, you must ensure that they have not requested to be on the Do Not Call List and that they have given you their consent to receive telemarketing calls.

What should we do if a drawing entrant requests to be put on the Do Not Call List?

If a drawing entrant requests to be put on the Do Not Call List, you must honor their request and immediately stop calling them. The FTC and FCC have strict guidelines for maintaining the Do Not Call List, and failure to comply can result in penalties and fines.

Is there a way to check if a drawing entrant's phone number is on the Do Not Call List?

Yes, you can check if a drawing entrant's phone number is on the Do Not Call List by accessing the National Do Not Call Registry website. You can also purchase a list from the FTC to ensure compliance with the Do Not Call List regulations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • kittychef
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
kittychef
  • PamperedSheep
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies