• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do I Call or Just Send Something Through Snail Mail?

in summary, the author recommends sending information through the mail instead of cold calling, and suggests a letter with gift suggestions and catalogs.
naekelsey
Gold Member
I am really thinking of making this my year by working smarter not harder. I am thinking going to Realtors would be a good start..I just have a couple of concerns before I start this.

1) Should I start making cold calls or just send information through the mail first?

1a) if calling, do you just talk to the first person who answsers the phone? (hoping it isn't the secretary)

1b) if mailing, who would you send the info to? Just the Office?

2) There is a letter on this site if you were to Just send info thru the mail, would I use this same letter if I called first?

3) Does anyone have a New Realtor Package flyer with the New S/S 07 products?

4) Anymore questions anyone else can think of that I haven't been able to?

Thanks to you ALL! This site is Awesome and helps me in Many ways!!

You know. I just got a letter from a realtor. I live in a Apt. Complex so maybe they thought I was looking to buy a home??! (which I am. ;)) But I know they didn't get my name anywhere, seeing the letter was to: Current Resident. They are basically doing "cold mailings" So I would go for it.

Another way suggested on here was to have them "win a lunch" be able to take them lunch and sell your ideas that way.

There are letters on this site. I will be able to post them on this thread (if someone else doesn't) when I get my personal computer back.

If you really want to make a great first impression, I suggest putting together a packet of information, get a little dressed up (no jeans or shorts) and dropping packages off in person. Try to meet the realtor to make a first connection. Hand them the package, ask for a business card and ask when you can call to follow up.

This is not something I have tried, but I have mailed information before. I just did not have a lot of luck.

Good luck with it!
Lisa

My director used to do this, and she told us that she would make up "gift basket" lists. She would put together products that would total $50, $60, $75...etc on a sheet of paper, and take them around to realtors so they could choose what baskets they would want to give their buyers. She would also give them the option of her wrapping it up for them. She never did say if she got a whole ton of business though. I was thinking about doing it, but not too sure how I would go about it.

I work for a small real estate company in a small city. We do not usually give out gifts ( I think b/c they can't afford to ). I think we should, to get these customers back in the future when they are ready to buy/sell. It leaves an impression that we care about them and thank them for their business. I am taking it to our competition. I've thought about taking the letter with gift suggestions, catalogs, maybe some pics of some baskets I have created, and something to eat. Who doesn't love when someone delivers food!? Thought I'd do something really cute, but inexpensive. Hope this helps.

These are all great ideas. I've been thinking of contacting realtors too. Thanks for the tips.

I did a mailing to 50 realtors....I got NOTHING...yet (it was last year)...hehe....my recommendation is go there or call. Snail mail is too easy to ignore, a professional cheffer with her game on is not!

GL

Misty

1. Do I need to call to place an order or can I just send it through snail mail?

You can place an order through either method. If you prefer to speak with a representative and have any questions answered, you can call our customer service line. However, if you know exactly what you want and prefer to send it through mail, you can do so by filling out our order form and mailing it to us.

2. Is there a difference in delivery time between calling and sending an order through mail?

No, the delivery time will be the same regardless of whether you call or send an order through mail. Our shipping and handling processes are the same for all orders.

3. Can I place an order over the phone and then send a check through mail for payment?

Unfortunately, we do not accept payment by check for orders placed over the phone. You can pay with a credit or debit card when calling to place an order. If you prefer to pay by check, you can do so by filling out our order form and mailing it to us.

4. How can I track my order if I send it through mail?

Once we receive your mail-in order form, we will process your order and send you a confirmation email with a tracking number. You can use this tracking number on our website to track the progress of your order.

5. Are there any additional fees for mailing in an order?

No, there are no additional fees for mailing in an order. The total cost will be the same as if you had placed the order over the phone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• laurieandjaffy
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Jess_K
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
SeeMe4PC
  • krahema